Identified! TX - Smith Co, off I-20, WhtFem 20-32, 77UFTX, shirt w/ 'Top Rail Country Music, Dallas, TX', Oct'85 - Sindy Gina Crow

Doesn't seem like she was reported missing.

Per the CBS station report, that's correct.

"She was born in 1957 and she was likely in her late 20s at the time of her death. One of the detectives during the press conference said Crow was never reported missing and her family didn't even know she was married."

It also says her daughter was born in 1984. The baby would only have been a few months old when her mother died. Poor girl growing up without her mother.

In 2021, the sheriff’s office partnered with the DNA Doe Project for funding to identify the remains, they said. In November of 2023, the DDP identified a possible lead for the identity of the woman. DNA was gathered from possible family members in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, they said, and it was found that the woman has been married in January of 1984 and had a child in July of the same year.

from the same source:
After the DNA evidence was examined at UNT Fort Worth, the victim was identified as Sindy Gina Crow, born on Sept. 12, 1957. She was married to Dwight P. Crow, with whom she had a daughter in 1984, the release said, and her last address was in Arlington.

I'm so glad Sindy has been identified. Turns out she wasn't Indian or Polynesian, but in fact half-Hispanic. And Carl's recon (based off the clay bust) doesn't seem to far off either.

I wonder why her husband didn't report her missing. Or maybe they were already divorced when Sindy died? It's unusual that she never told her family about her marriage, estrangement maybe? I feel so sorry for her daughter who grew up motherless, probably wondering where Sindy was.

Thank you DNA Doe Project

<modsnip: not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of a confusing post, but I think what happened here was that Sindy and her husband Phillip together with their child moved to Alabama to stay with Phillip's cousin. Then Phillip came back to Texas alone while she continued to live in Alabama. Or just Sindy and her child stayed in Alabama with her husband's cousin while he remained in Dallas-Fort Worth Texas.

Then, Phillip's cousin drove Sindy to the airport where she took a flight back to Dallas to pack her things. Her husband was supposedly going to drive all the way back to Alabama with her. Or maybe he was going to drive their car to the airport and then board a flight together.

But Phillip returned to Alabama alone without Sindy.

It seems like this is the husband:

It seems like this is the husband:

Not one mention of Sindy

I think her daughter Margo either stayed with her husband’s cousin or was taken to Alabama short after her mother disappeared. Phillip later married another woman and they probably brought up Margo together. She is mentioned in his obituary. Sindy was in her late twenties and Phillip was in his thirties, i think they married relatively late for that time. But if Sindy did not tell about her marriage to her family it is kind of strange. I wonder if maybe her hispanic family was catholic and she didn’t want to tell them she got pregnant before marriage.

I am wondering: if Phillip and Sindy were officially married and than she disappeared and they did not get a divorce. How could Phillip marry another woman without filling a missing person’s report for Sindy or declaring her deceased?

I am wondering: if Phillip and Sindy were officially married and than she disappeared and they did not get a divorce. How could Phillip marry another woman without filling a missing person’s report for Sindy or declaring her deceased?
He does appear to have legally divorced her, I guess in absentia.

Sindy/Gina's family was in CA, so it's understandable how they didn't know she was married or had a child, as she did not tell them. Her father did wonder, though, what happened to her when the family stopped hearing from her. He knew she hitchiked in the past, and he assumed Ted Bundy got her as this article mentions. He had no reason to suspect anyone close to her as he had never heard of Phillip Crow.. Remains found nearly 40 years ago identified as Arlington mother

Sindy/Gina's family was in CA, so it's understandable how they didn't know she was married or had a child, as she did not tell them. Her father did wonder, though, what happened to her when the family stopped hearing from her. He knew she hitchiked in the past, and he assumed Ted Bundy got her as this article mentions. He had no reason to suspect anyone close to her as he had never heard of Phillip Crow.. Remains found nearly 40 years ago identified as Arlington mother
Ted Bundy had been incarcerated after 1978, until his execution in 1989. So she couldn't have been a victim of his.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saky
Back