Identified! TX - Smith Co, off I-20, WhtFem 20-32, 77UFTX, shirt w/ 'Top Rail Country Music, Dallas, TX', Oct'85 - Sindy Gina Crow

Sindy/Gina's family was in CA, so it's understandable how they didn't know she was married or had a child, as she did not tell them. Her father did wonder, though, what happened to her when the family stopped hearing from her. He knew she hitchiked in the past, and he assumed Ted Bundy got her as this article mentions. He had no reason to suspect anyone close to her as he had never heard of Phillip Crow.. Remains found nearly 40 years ago identified as Arlington mother
All due respect to her father but Ted Bundy had been incarcerated a long time by the time his beautiful daughter went missing.

I wonder if her husband wasn't the father of her daughter? The Mindy interview with the daughter and picture discuss that she's biracial. Sindy was half hispanic, but pale, and her husbands seems to have been white (obit mentions red hair and blue eyes).

Marriage may have happened because Sindy was pregnant. If the baby then turned out to not be his - or at least appearing that way to him - maybe that would trigger some anger... maybe wanting to be rid of the whole situation. JMO etc.

I wonder if her husband wasn't the father of her daughter? The Mindy interview with the daughter and picture discuss that she's biracial. Sindy was half hispanic, but pale, and her husbands seems to have been white (obit mentions red hair and blue eyes).

Marriage may have happened because Sindy was pregnant. If the baby then turned out to not be his - or at least appearing that way to him - maybe that would trigger some anger... maybe wanting to be rid of the whole situation. JMO etc.
Biracial can also mean someone with Hispanic/Native and European ancestry, which both, Gina and her daughter have.

The whole story is tragic. From the articles, apparently Philip estranged Gina from her family and even erased her name in Margos birth certificate and life. He was described as "hot headed alcoholic" by his siblings and had been charged for attempted murder before.
Poor Margot, growing up unloved after her mom who loved her was completely erased by Philip. Her maternal family was not allowed to see her, either.

Sounds very abusive. I assume we know the murderer

Biracial can also mean someone with Hispanic/Native and European ancestry, which both, Gina and her daughter have.
Yes but I would have to agree with @MarziPanda
Based on the information we have, the daughter would be 75% (or 3 quarters) white yet she does not appear that way. Of course genetics can be weird.

Yes but I would have to agree with @MarziPanda
Based on the information we have, the daughter would be 75% (or 3 quarters) white yet she does not appear that way. Of course genetics can be weird.

Right, from the picture she definitely doesn't look like she would be the resulting child of Sindy and a white man. Genetics definitely can be weird so it's possible but I think the point is that this was before DNA tests so it's more about what her husband may have assumed going by the daughter's darker skin, whether that assumption was true or not.

Just to add: Hispanic is not a race per se. Hispanic people can be any race: Black, White, or Native or some combination of two or all of those. Those that are bi or tri racial are what was once thought of as the hispanic race but you can be purely one of those races and be hispanic. Also, there are hispanics of Asian decent as well.

The whole story is tragic. From the articles, apparently Philip estranged Gina from her family and even erased her name in Margos birth certificate and life. He was described as "hot headed alcoholic" by his siblings and had been charged for attempted murder before.
Poor Margot, growing up unloved after her mom who loved her was completely erased by Philip. Her maternal family was not allowed to see her, either.

Sounds very abusive. I assume we know the murderer
Absolutely. I don’t think there’s any mystery surrounding who killed her. Sadly, it seems he won’t have justice.

Another wife/girlfriend from the 60s/70s/80s whose partner/husband claims they ‘ran off’

It's interesting that her parents didn't know she was married or had a child, but the first link I posted that mentions her daughter said that Philip supposedly prevented Gina's parents from visiting her daughter. Was that just a family rumor in Philip's family? Or did he say that ( that he didn't want them visiting) because Gina's daughter asked about her maternal grandparents? I suppose maybe he thought it would sound bad if he said Gina never told her parents about her marriage or daughter?

I'm kind of surprised he didn't go with a simpler answer that made him look better than preventing a visit, something like, Gina's family was from out of state and he never met them and didn't know much about them, if he didn't want to say her grandparents didn't know about her. Then again, perhaps he just didn't care as he obviously wasn't trying to seem like a perfect father. Also, maybe we could better judge how much her daughter looks like her if we had other photos of her.

According to Ancestry.com, Sindy Gina Paris was her name and her parents were named Louis Paris and Esther Virginia Rodriguez. She lived in Tarrant, TX where she was born. I don't see any evidence of her ever having lived in California. She was married a few times before she married Phillip. Her first marriage was when she was 19 in July of 1976 to a guy named Stephen C. Born. She then got married a year later in July 1977 to Larry Keith Robison. After this, she was married in Feb. 1979 to Dale Alan Mitchell. Finally, she married Dwight Phillip Crow in 1984. Her daughter Margo says that her birth certificate listed her mother's name as "Elaine Ann Mitchell." Maybe this had something to do with her husband before Phillip being a Mitchell, but that doesn't explain the Elaine Ann part.

Interestingly, apparently her second husband Larry Keith Robison had a psychotic break due to schizophrenia in 1982 and killed 5 people in Tarrant County, TX. He was executed for this in 2000 and was the subject of controversy because of whether or not it was acceptable to execute those who are mentally ill.

According to Ancestry.com, Sindy Gina Paris was her name and her parents were named Louis Paris and Esther Virginia Rodriguez. She lived in Tarrant, TX where she was born. I don't see any evidence of her ever having lived in California. She was married a few times before she married Phillip. Her first marriage was when she was 19 in July of 1976 to a guy named Stephen C. Born. She then got married a year later in July 1977 to Larry Keith Robison. After this, she was married in Feb. 1979 to Dale Alan Mitchell. Finally, she married Dwight Phillip Crow in 1984. Her daughter Margo says that her birth certificate listed her mother's name as "Elaine Ann Mitchell." Maybe this had something to do with her husband before Phillip being a Mitchell, but that doesn't explain the Elaine Ann part.

Interestingly, apparently her second husband Larry Keith Robison had a psychotic break due to schizophrenia in 1982 and killed 5 people in Tarrant County, TX. He was executed for this in 2000 and was the subject of controversy because of whether or not it was acceptable to execute those who are mentally ill.
I have also read that Ortega was a married name of hers.

I saw some of that on familyseach dot org ..... was reluctant to link them.....

This is also essentially what I came up with for her doing genealogical searches the day her name was released. Although I have her marrying both Larry (Jun 1977) and Dale (Nov 1977) in 1977. And then a divorce from Larry in Feb 1979 and what looks to be a remarriage to Dale Feb 1979. VERY strange marriage records because of all of that.

I wasn’t sure if the Larry Robison was the same Larry that killed the 5 people though, but it looked likely he was because the birth year matched up, same full name, and he was also in Tarrant County, TX.

I'm not sure about Sindy's use of the last name "Ortega". Perhaps it is a married name of hers from CA after 1979? It appears Sindy/Gina's daughter got that name from her birth certificate.
I feel like the last name Ortega was fabricated by the husband to add to the host of untruths that he was telling. Maybe so that the daughter couldn't find the mother's family.

Wow, 4 husbands in 5 years. Unusual. Did she fall for bad dudes? Was she a free spirit? Or the contrary, was she so traditional that she thought every relationship needs marriage to be legitimate?
And yes, people got married quicker and younger than today. Twice divorced at 22 was not too rare.
But 4 times? I wonder what the story is

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK
Back