TX TX - Stacie Madison, 17, & Susan Smalley, 18, Carrollton, 19 March 1988

It will be interesting to see if any new information comes to light.

I really am wondering about the idea they were taken to Mexico.
How long would the drive take from Dallas to the Mexican border?

Police must have interviewed a number of teenagers who were 'cruising Forest Lane' that night.
It seems impossible to imagine that nobody saw anything.

Would two responsible teenage girls willingly get into a stranger's car?

There are a lot of questions when you think about this case.

There is an absolute paucity of information regarding this case.

Has nobody ever written a feature piece for a newspaper or magazine?
Has there never been any speculation on what may have happened?
Have there ever been any re-enactments on true crime TV shows?

Where did the idea 'they may have been abducted and taken to Mexico' come from?

There are far too many people who seemingly vanish into thin air.
The wrecked lives they leave behind is another matter altogether.

Why did the girls leave the house and go out again just after midnight?
Were they still looking for some beer?
Did they meet someone they trusted enough to go riding in their car?

I can think of a lot of questions but I can't see where any answers are going to come from.

Isn't that the time period that they thought girls were being abducted and sent overseas to work as prostitutes or was that later?

This is a long shot, but does anyone see a similarity between Susan Smalley and Jane Doe found here:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/81ufar.html
The time between Susan's disappearance and the Jane Doe's death are approx 3 years, but in that time Jane Doe did a bit of traveling and did get in some trouble. The heights are different but to me there is a striking similarity in their faces, as well as the multiple ear piercings and hair color/texture. Also Susan disappeared from Dallas TX area and Jane Doe has ties to that area as well.

They do look similar, but to me the teeth and jawline just don't match. Also - the Jane Doe's history doesn't seem to reflect the responsible person that our missing girl was said to be. Anything is possible - but from reports, these girls didn't appear to be trouble makers -much less bank robbers.
It breaks my heart that anyone can walk out of a door and just vanish...so unfair and tragic!

I read on a missing persons site (charleyproject.org) ...................

'it is believed they may have been abducted and taken to Mexico'

There must have been some basis for that suggestion (Mexico).

I graduated in 1985 and I remember when this happened and clearly remember their names. They may have been freshmen my senior year or attending DeWitt Perry Jr. High with my younger sister.

I read on a missing persons site (charleyproject.org) ...................

'it is believed they may have been abducted and taken to Mexico'

There must have been some basis for that suggestion (Mexico).

Good question Mystery64. In fact someone recently started a Facebook page for Stacie and Susan and someone asked that same question. I wish we could get this case more attention. I still think of these two beautiful girls and their families.

here's the facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=59664093867

It amazes me how many people just vanish without a trace. :( I hope one day their families are able to get answers.

I live in Flower Mound, graduated from Lewisville. I occasionally search the TX DPS website for missing and unidentified people. I usually pay particular attention to those from around the area. TX DPS website has Stacie and Susan missing from Addison instead of Carrollton.

I was checking out some of my old crime links and one of them took me to charleyproject.org and the page for Stacie Madison.

There was some information there that I'm convinced I had not seen before. Has the page been updated? Perhaps, but maybe some of you already knew this:

' Madison's boyfriend was questioned extensively but he passed a polygraph and was ruled out as a suspect.'

I presume he was ruled out on more than a polygragh test.

I just feel that somebody must have seen something that night. Had they met up with someone they knew?

I graduated in 1985 and I remember when this happened and clearly remember their names. They may have been freshmen my senior year or attending DeWitt Perry Jr. High with my younger sister.

Way OT but my daughter just graduated from NSHS.

A friend of mine, who is a writer, is currently researching the case of Stacie Elisabeth Madison and Susan Renee Smalley with the intent of writing a book about the case in order to publicize it and, hopefully, help find out exactly what happened to those two girls.

http://www.missinggirlsbook.com/

He is working with the families of both girls and with the former and present case detectives. His intent is to offer the book only for the price of what it will cost to print the book in order to get the story out to as many people as possible.

There is an email address listed on the website above for contacting the author with any information that may help in his research.

This book, titled This Night Wounds Time is due out soon. I live 'down under' but I am really looking forward to reading it.
You never know, it could lead to a break through in this 21 year old mystery. I hope it does for the sake of the girls families.

I look forward to reading it too and hopefully somehow this will put some pressure on anyone who knows something about what happened to these wonderful girls.

Apparently there was a 'person of interest' who some investigators believe was never properly eliminated from the investigation.

There have been a couple of tidbits of information added to the book site. It is worth a visit.

What other information is LE keeping up their sleeves no matter how trivial it might seem.
There must have been witnesses who saw the girls at Forest Lane that night.
Obviously nobody saw them getting into someones vehicle. Or did they?

I wonder if the perpetrator lives in the area? Was the driver the only occupant of the vehicle they got into?
How soon did the girls know they were in trouble?

Has the case been looked at by a cold case squad?

So many questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back