TX- State vs. Nelson, Mona Yvette

Judge deliberating verdict in capital murder case

August 26, 2013
Updated at 12:31 PM today

KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The fate of Mona Nelson, accused of kidnapping and killing a 12-year-old boy in 2010, is in the hands of a judge.

Snipped:

Witnesses and testimony for the prosecution lasted for 10 days. The defense put on their case in less than two hours.

Read more & view video:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9219517

Closing arguments begin in trial of woman accused of killing 12-year-old boy

by KHOU.com staff
KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX

Posted on August 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM

HOUSTON— Closing arguments began Monday in the trial of a woman accused of kidnapping and killing a 12-year-old Houston boy on Christmas Eve in 2010.

Read more & view video:

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Clos...sed-of-killing-12-year-old-boy-221182951.html

At least we agree she had no explainable motive for killing Jonathan-which makes it all worse. :(

DA: woman killed boy for not letting her in apartment

By Brian Rogers | August 26, 2013
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX

Prosecutors Monday said Mona Nelson lost her temper and kidnapped, then killed a 12-year-old boy for not letting her in the door of the apartment where he was staying the afternoon of Christmas Eve 2010.

Snipped:

Spence's closing provided the first theory on the motive behind the boy's death, as prosecutors and investigators repeatedly have said they believe Nelson killed the child, but do not know why.

Spence said Nelson, who had been drinking that day, went to see her friend, Sharon Ennamorato, who was working at a north Houston restaurant. Ennamorato said she would soon get home to the apartment she shared temporarily with the 12-year-old and his mother. She told Nelson to go there and wait for her there.

However, Spence said, Ennamorato did not call the boy who had directions to not let anyone in.

When Nelson, a former boxer who worked as a welder, got to the apartment about 2 p.m. and found the boy would not let her in, things went horribly awry, Spence said.

Read more:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...t-letting-her-in-4761762.php?cmpid=houtexhcat

I was hoping for a verdict before I get on a plane. But I will continue to check in from my phone.

Jeff McShan ‏@jeffmcshan 42m

No verdict today
in State vs Mona Nelson - deliberations cont tomorrow at 10am

Kevin Reece ‏@KReeceKHOU 53m

"The evidence leads to one person only and that is Mona Nelson" Pros Atty Connie Spence in #monanelsontrial @KHOU

Jeff McShan ‏@jeffmcshan 2h

Judge is now deliberating - State vs Mona Nelson

Channel Two news says the judge will read the verdict in court tomorrow morning :jail:

Well that was easy. Verdict tomorrow.

In the meantime-
Nelson's attorney said there was no forensic evidence tying Nelson to the disappearance or death of Jonathan Foster
Really? No blood on his sweatshirt, no DNA, no twine, no burned carpeting, no video showing her dumping him....wow if that is "no forensic evidence" I dont know what is short of a videotape.

Judge: Verdict for woman accused in boy's murder to be read Tues.

Published On: Aug 26 2013 03:11:06 PM CDT Updated On: Aug 26 2013 05:49:29 PM CDT

KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX

monanelstontrial11amTUES-jpg.jpg

Mona Nelson

HOUSTON -
A Harris County judge said she will read her verdict Tuesday morning in the case of a woman accused of murdering a Houston boy.

Snipped:

"She burned him with this torch at her house on that rug with these tanks," said Connie Spence.

Prosecutors also argued Nelson's DNA was found on the little boy's sweatshirt and video showed Nelson dumping the body.

"The evidence leads to one person only and that is Mona Nelson," said Spence.

Read more:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/j...tues/-/1735978/21655552/-/t584hd/-/index.html

Judge deliberating verdict in capital murder case

Updated at 06:14 PM - August 26, 2013

by Miya Shay
KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Testimony in the murder trial of Mona Nelson is over. Now we wait for a verdict -- not from a jury but from a judge -- and if that judge decides Nelson is guilty of killing 12-year-old Jonathan Foster, her punishment sentencing will be swift.

There are very few options when it comes to punishment in this case. This is a non-death penalty capital murder case, so if the judge finds her guilty, Nelson will spend the rest of her natural life behind bars without a chance for parole.

Snipped:

It's up to the judge to render a verdict in the case. The court goes back into session Tuesday at 10am, but it's not yet known if the judge will deliver the verdict at that time.

Read more & view video:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9219517
~~~~~

I have a meeting at 10 am tomorrow. Will find out later if Nelson is found guilty. I think Judge Barr will find Nelson guilty as charged!

DA: woman killed boy for not letting her in apartment

By Brian Rogers | August 26, 2013
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX

Prosecutors Monday said Mona Nelson lost her temper and kidnapped, then killed a 12-year-old boy for not letting her in the door of the apartment where he was staying the afternoon of Christmas Eve 2010.

Snipped:

Spence's closing provided the first theory on the motive behind the boy's death, as prosecutors and investigators repeatedly have said they believe Nelson killed the child, but do not know why.

Spence said Nelson, who had been drinking that day, went to see her friend, Sharon Ennamorato, who was working at a north Houston restaurant. Ennamorato said she would soon get home to the apartment she shared temporarily with the 12-year-old and his mother. She told Nelson to go there and wait for her there.

However, Spence said, Ennamorato did not call the boy who had directions to not let anyone in.

When Nelson, a former boxer who worked as a welder, got to the apartment about 2 p.m. and found the boy would not let her in, things went horribly awry, Spence said.

Read more:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...t-letting-her-in-4761762.php?cmpid=houtexhcat

Horrific.

She killed a TWELVE YEAR OLD BOY for not opening the door. What kind of rage must someone have within them to commit such a crime for something so trivial?

LWOP. She is a monster. No one is safe around her.

RIP Jonathan, you sweet boy.

Well that was easy. Verdict tomorrow.

In the meantime-
Really? No blood on his sweatshirt, no DNA, no twine, no burned carpeting, no video showing her dumping him....wow if that is "no forensic evidence" I dont know what is short of a videotape.

They have a videotape too, remember. :facepalm:

It has been a long time since I've listened to the Houston Police Department (HPD) News Conference held in December, 2010.

I do believe Mona is a cold hearted killer without a soul. No remorse whatsoever per HPD Det. Michael Miller (News Conf. video linked below).

HPD did their job and Connie Spence, Prosecutor, was able to use the evidence HPD collected against Mona Nelson in her trial. Hopefully, she will be found guilty.

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs...tal_home&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8&fr=att-portal
HPD news conference on boy's death - via KTRK (ABC) -- Houston, TX
VIDEO: (21:25)

The following is raw video of law enforcement (LE) at Mona Nelson's home. Includes Mona coming out of her home with LE and getting in an unmarked car for her trip to downtown Houston at HPD. When I first saw this video (in real time), I thought Mona was a man.

http://www.khou.com/video/featured-...n-case-of-missing-12-year-old--112613524.html
KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX - December 29, 2010 at 1:36 PM

VIDEO (6:27): Police question suspect, gather evidence in case of missing 12-year-old

I will be asleep when the verdict comes in. I work nights and am working tonight and tomorrow night. I have asked my mom to text me as soon as the verdict comes in. I don't have a good feeling about this for some reason and I hope my feelings are totally off base here. Part of me wants to believe in the justice system but the other part of me has seen it fail. To not ask for the death penalty for this henious crime is one reason I have my doubts, if they aren't asking for the death penalty that leads me to think the case isn't as solid as it should be. Please say a prayer for our family that justice will be served. My children don't even know that the trial is going on, I try to keep them sheltered as much as I can and I don't want them to know all the details that I have through this trial.Thank you all for the past 2 1/2 years of your time,prayers,thoughts, and listening ears. I know our journey doesn't end with the verdict but I just wanted to say thank you.

I will be thinking of you and yours as the verdict comes in Renee.

As a family member, Renee, I would think you have every right to ask for an explanation of the charges. I know that a lot of people are wondering about it too. :hug:

Is there a chance that someone could PM me when the verdict is read? :blowkiss:

I wont be online when it comes down, but I can read my PM's on my phone. :blushing:

I watched the 5 AM News on KTRK (ABC) this morning. Sonia Azad, Reporter, did a "live" report in front of the Justice Center - Houston, TX.

The video is now posted to KTRK's homepage.

May justice for Jonathan prevail today!
442181.gif

~~~~~

Fate of Houston woman accused of killing boy goes to judge

August 27, 2013
Updated at 06:04 AM today

KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A judge could hand down a verdict today in the trial of a woman accused of killing a 12-year-old boy.

View video and read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9220368

I've tried to stay awake, but it's past midnight here. I'll try and wake up in an hour or so but I'm going to have to log off for now.

When I return it will be to news of justice. X to you all today.

Closing arguments begin in trial of woman accused of killing 12-year-old boy

by Kevin Reece / KHOU 11 News
Houston, TX

Posted on August 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Updated yesterday at 5:06 PM (8/26/13)

HOUSTON—The woman accused of murdering a 12-year-old boy and then trying to dispose of his body is now waiting for a Harris County judge to decide her fate.

Snipped:

Prosecutors, while admitting from the start that they would not be able to establish a motive for the murder, said that Nelson, a maintenance worker and welder, murdered the boy in a drunken rage, then burned and dumped his body.

Snipped:

"The evidence leads to one person only and that is Mona Nelson,” said prosecutor Connie Spence in her closing statement, who again showed the surveillance video that captured Nelson dumping the body.

Prosecutors said evidence ruled out the stepfather of any involvement. Prosecutors also have a sweatshirt they found in Nelson’s garbage that was identified as belonging to Foster. Nelson’s DNA was found on the back and on the collar.

“That is the link. That is why we know this defendant took Jonathan Foster back to her house and killed him. ........"

Read more & view video:

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Clos...sed-of-killing-12-year-old-boy-221182951.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter
Back