TX- State vs. Nelson, Mona Yvette

I was wondering if there is maybe anybody on here that lives near Pearland where he is buried that could go by and let me know if he has a tombstone? I could call the cemetary and ask them I guess. My husband and I paid for the plot he is buried in, we purchased 2 plots under the impression he was to have a big monument(Grandma told us this).

Andy Kahan, City of Houston Mayor's Office Victim Assistance Director (Victim Advocate at Mayor's Office/Houston Police Dept), posted the following on his Facebook page:

Andy Kahan

Yesterday via HoustonChronicleCommunity. (posted 8/12/13)

Will be attending the trial of the murder of 12 year-old Jonathan Foster.

https://www.facebook.com/andy.kahan.9?hc_location=timeline
Facebook - Andy Kahan
~~~~~

Andy Kahan has been a guest on Tricia's True Crime Radio Show several times to discuss the Emma Thompson case (Abigail Young parole; Emma's Law, etc.) Maybe Tricia could have Andy as a guest to discuss the Mona Nelson trial (Jonathan Foster case) since he will be attending the trial. Andy is well spoken and Tricia is an excellent host. I think it would be a most interesting show.

For your info, Andy Kahan was of assistance to Mary Gifford, Jonathan's maternal grandmother, shortly after Jonathan was found and thereafter. He was with Mary during some media interviews and especially the day of Jonathan Foster's Memorial Service on January 4, 2011.

I attended the beautiful Memorial Service in Houston and urn burial in Pearland, TX. Prior to the service, the Houston media interviewed Mary as well as her son and Jonathan's maternal uncle, Glenn Scrimsher, in the church annex. Jonathan lived with Glenn, his wife and family in Missouri prior to moving to TX.

Reporters from the major Houston TV stations, i.e., ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, KIAH (Ch 39) and the Houston Chronicle were at the Memorial Service. I hope they will cover this trial . . . we shall see what coverage they will allocate for the Mona Nelson trial (Jonathan Foster murder case).

Oh Ann thank you! Thank you for sharing this facebook so we can follow along and thank you for knowing about this man that cares enough to share with us all as we wait for justice for Jonathan.

Salem

I was wondering if there is maybe anybody on here that lives near Pearland where he is buried that could go by and let me know if he has a tombstone? I could call the cemetary and ask them I guess. My husband and I paid for the plot he is buried in, we purchased 2 plots under the impression he was to have a big monument(Grandma told us this).
Hi, Renee!

If I were you, I would call the cemetery administration folks and discuss with them. I would ask them to send you a picture (via e-mail) of the tombstone.

As you know, Jonathan is buried close to their main office building and I would think they would gladly provide you with a photo once they determine who you are.

If you can't get them to do that, please PM me and I will see if I can get a friend who lives in San Leon to go and check it out for you.

http://http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=9205206

Interesting comments at end of article.

Thank you again, Ann-Tx.

Here is that link, it wasn't working in your post:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=9205206

That comment is from Jonathan's Aunt, who is a member here. :seeya:

I was wondering the same thing... because normally you would see a picture of the headstone. :(

There isn't a picture of the headstone on the facebook... or here:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=63475927

I am guessing that he doesn't have one... and it makes me extremely angry.

Oh Ann thank you! Thank you for sharing this facebook so we can follow along and thank you for knowing about this man that cares enough to share with us all as we wait for justice for Jonathan.

Salem
Salem, you are welcome!

Could you please contact Tricia or Kimster (or whomever) and see what their thoughts are about having Andy as a guest on Tricia's radio show?

Thanking you in advance.

Hi, Renee!

If I were you, I would call the cemetery administration folks and discuss with them. I would ask them to send you a picture (via e-mail) of the tombstone.

As you know, Jonathan is buried close to their main office building and I would think they would gladly provide you with a photo once they determine who you are.

If you can't get them to do that, please PM me and I will see if I can get a friend who lives in San Leon to go and check it out for you.

I shouldn't have any problem getting the info, my name is on the plot along with Glenn's. I haven't been back to TX since the funeral, Glenn and I picked the spot his remains are buried. The only reason he is buried there is they were going to have half a plot donated to them from Jonathan's papaw(they weren't legally married but that's who he knew as papaw) but in order to have a monument we had to have 2 plots. So we did what any "parent" would do and paid for it. If we had known that he wasn't going to have a monument or even a headstone I would have rather him have been with family instead of in that cemetery with no one he knew or loved. He's all alone there just like when he died, that's how it feels. And to feel that way is heart breaking.

I am not local, Renee. I cant answer these questions for you, although I wish I could.

ME

Let us know what you find out Renee.
I want to know if anyone else in Jonathan's family has contributed to remembering him.
Other than the facebook page.

Mystery of boy's death remains as capital murder trial looms

By Brian Rogers
Legal Affairs Reporter - Houston Chronicle
Houston, TX

August 12, 2013 - 4:29 PM CDT

Jonathan-Foster--Missing-Kid-12-27-10---26291504.jpg

Prosecutor Connie Spence says she knows who kidnapped and killed 12-year-old Jonathan Foster on Christmas Eve two years ago.

What she does not know is how or, perhaps more maddening, why.

"There is just is no motive," Spence said. "There are some things only Mona will know, why and how, but based on the evidence, we have put together a pretty accurate picture of what did happen."

Spence will try to convince a judge that Mona Nelson, 47, is guilty of capital murder when the two-week trial begins Monday.

Read more:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...ns-as-capital-murder-4721855.php?t=c85ffe5036

premium_article_portrait.jpg

Mona Yvette Nelson: Charged with killing 12-year-old Jonathan Paul Foster in Houston.
Photo courtesy Houston Police Department

I shouldn't have any problem getting the info, my name is on the plot along with Glenn's. I haven't been back to TX since the funeral, Glenn and I picked the spot his remains are buried. The only reason he is buried there is they were going to have half a plot donated to them from Jonathan's papaw(they weren't legally married but that's who he knew as papaw) but in order to have a monument we had to have 2 plots. So we did what any "parent" would do and paid for it. If we had known that he wasn't going to have a monument or even a headstone I would have rather him have been with family instead of in that cemetery with no one he knew or loved. He's all alone there just like when he died, that's how it feels. And to feel that way is heart breaking.
Renee, the plot(s) you and Glenn selected is in a beautiful area with the beautiful trees.

I think Jonathan is buried in a very beautiful cemetery.

I understand what you are saying. Hopefully when you check into it, you will be advised that there is a beautiful tombstone in place.

Always remember Jonathan is smiling down at you, Glenn and your family. Glenn spoke so lovingly of Jonathan at the funeral service. There is no doubt Jonathan was a huge part of your family. Jonathan was so lucky to have a loving aunt and uncle and cousins like you, Glenn and your children.

As Glenn spoke at Jonathan's Memorial Service and let all know who Jonathan was, there was not a dry eye in the church.

Special thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

~~~ Rest in peace, Jonathan ~~~
442181.gif

Let us know what you find out Renee.
I want to know if anyone else in Jonathan's family has contributed to remembering him.
Other than the facebook page.

I will let you know what I find out. If he doesn't have a headstone I will be figuring out a way to get him one. I don't have alot of money, I mean we have 5 kids. We bought a house in Feb. Alot has changed in our lives over the last 2 1/2 years but one thing hasn't and will never change. That is the inclusion of Jonathan in our home. We recently put up old windows as picture frames and in both Jonathan's pictures are there just like the other kids.

Video includes snippets of Mona Nelson during her testimony (pre-trial) but no audio. Good recap!
~~~~~

Murder trial for woman accused of killing boy, 12, begins

Published On: Aug 13 2013 10:28:06 AM CDT
Updated On: Aug 13 2013 09:40:52 PM CDT

By Phil Archer
KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX

HOUSTON -
A judge has ruled some of the statements made by a woman accused of murdering 12-yr-old Jonathan Foster in December 2010 won't be allowed in court.

Mona Nelson is accused of killing Foster in December,2010. She and her attorney claimed police coerced a confession from her by depriving her of sleep and medical care while questioning her at her home and at police stations for 17 hours.

Nelson’s attorney asked Judge Jeannine Barr to throw out five statements made by Nelson to police after a security camera allegedly recorded the boy's body being thrown from Nelson's truck in the 1600 block of Childress Street on December 28th, 2010.

Read more and view video (2:07):

http://www.click2houston.com/news/m...ins/-/1735978/21446266/-/a17wqbz/-/index.html

Is the judge limited to life in prison as a choice? Then Mona is a lucky woman.

I doubt motive is as big a hurdle in a capital trial by judge as is would be a jury. A judge has seen it all, I would think. She doesnt need a fill in the blank for Mona. jmvho.

Thank you for those that have kept Jonathon's memory alive on his thread. I followed at the beginning and now going back over what this poor boy went thru has me crying all over again. How can this be to horrible to put in MSM? Should'nt the general public know that this kind of human exisits? That this poor boy suffered for no reason? That there is this kind of evil amoung us??
Thank you admin for the front page banner, Jonathon does deserve the recognition for what he was made to suffer.

Vicente Arenas ‏@vicentekhou 5m
Prosecutors say Mona Nelson was seen at dead child's apartment on Christmas Eve 2010 the day he disappeared

Vicente Arenas ‏@vicentekhou 1m
Attorney says woman accused of killing 12 year old boy on Christmas Eve 2010 says Mona Nelson had zero motive for murder.

Vicente Arenas ‏@vicentekhou 1m
Attorney says stepfather had motive to kill 12 year old boy not Mona Nelson charged with the 2010 Christmas Eve murder

Vicente Arenas ‏@vicentekhou 41s
Attorney says there is no evidence to charge stepfather. Whoever killed 12 year old boy on Christmas Eve 2010 is still on streets.

Vicente Arenas ‏@vicentekhou 25s
Attorney says there is no DNA evidence to prove Mona Nelson killed 12 year old boy on Christmas Eve 2010.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back