GUILTY TX - Susan Loper, 40, Plano, 19 April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
10:00 news teaser, "New information in the case of a murdered Plano woman"

I won't have a link yet, but hope it's ok to post it....should be in just a few minutes.

Nothing major. New documents from Frisco police shows that Susan thought black was stalking her for the last 3 years....showing up at her house when she wouldn't answer the phone. Once he showed up at her house uninvited, CL was there, and the two of them got into a fight. It was "mutual combat" per police and no charges were filed. Black called 911.
Refuses to sign extradition papers.
Old news pretty much :(

I wonder what RB did for income. He seemd to live in a pretty nice neighborhood and drive a nice car. According to the news, he was a full time student.

Anything new? Maybe a trial section for this case?

I think about her, most especially her son, quite a bit.

I wonder what RB did for income. He seemd to live in a pretty nice neighborhood and drive a nice car. According to the news, he was a full time student.

Wealthy parents?
I haven't been in to Plano in many years now, but I attended high school there. The first day of school I was given a student mentor who took me to her parents country club (Gleneagles, in fact... which is what brought me to this thread). Another friend who was 16 at the time had her own apartment footed by her parents... this tradition lives on for her 15 years later. There were many individuals in town whose life's work were to be professional children--moreso, it seemed, than anywhere else I'd lived or have lived since.

Trial for Terrance Black Set for Monday
Judge, attorneys for the state and defense spent Friday selecting jurors

Jurors were chosen Friday in the capital murder case of a North Texas man accused of killing his former girlfriend.

Terrance Deering Black is accused of killing Susan Loper, a Frisco mother and Pilates instructor, in April 2011.

State and defense attorneys spent Friday narrowing down a pool of 146 potential jurors. The jury pool was narrowed to 70 potential jurors by 3 p.m.

Five women and nine men were selected for the jury. The trial, which Judge John Roach said could last about three weeks, is set to begin Monday.

More at source: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Trial-for-Terrance-Black-Set-for-Monday-166596166.html

Jury: Terrance Black guilty of murder of Susan Loper

MCKINNEY [TX] — Terrance Black has been found guilty of capital murder in the death of Susan Loper. The jury of nine men and three women reached a verdict after nearly four-and-a-half hours of deliberations.
The verdict came at the end of the nine-day trial, which featured 83 witnesses and hundreds of items of evidence.
Both [Prosecutors] Johnson and Schomburger disputed the defense's claim that Jayson Hayes, Loper's boyfriend at the time of her death, was in any way responsible for her murder. Prosecutors mentioned that Hayes would have been able to have access to Loper after she moved studios, an opportunity Black would not have had. They also mentioned that Hayes had to be at work that morning while Black was unemployed and had nowhere to be during or after the crime.

Immediately after being informed of Loper's disappearance, Hayes went to the crime scene and spoke with police. He also was interviewed by detectives later that day at Loper's residence. These, prosecutors told the jury, were not the actions of a man with something to hide. By comparison, Black had left North Texas shortly after the crime, ending up in Arizona the next day.

To illustrate their point that it was Black, not Hayes, who was acting guilty, the prosecution shared a passage from Proverbs 28:1.

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth, but the innocent are as bold as a lion."

More at the source:
http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2012/aug/30/judge-terrance-black-guilty-murder-susan-loper/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean