GUILTY TX - Tamryn Klapheke, 22 mos, dies of severe neglect, Abilene, 28 Aug 2012

Instead of throwing herself a pity party, she should throw herself off a cliff.

Col. Glen VanHerck, Dyess Air Force Base 7th Bomb Wing Commander, recommended Senior Airman Christopher Perez to a general court-martial in connection with the death of a toddler, apparently by neglect, for which her mother has been indicted.

The general court-martial is scheduled for March 4 at Dyess Air Force Base, according to a Dyess statement Friday. The proceeding is a military felony-level criminal trial.

The charges are failure to report child abuse or neglect, adultery, and child endangerment

More at the link:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2013/jan/11/dyess-airman-court-martial-set-in-klapheke-child/

:heartbeat: :tyou: :heartbeat:

I just discovered this thread today ... and I would like to express my sincere appreciation to all of you who have posted your caring, informative, inquiring, and extensive remarks concerning the neglect and abuse of these three little children. This is the kind of thread I joined WS to be a part of.

Fly with the angels little Tamryn. :rose:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2013/jun/13/tiffany-klapheke-reindicted-by-grand-jury/

http://www.ktxs.com/news/klapheke-c...ed/-/14769632/20617474/-/prcbubz/-/index.html

New articles.

This case fascinates me because there are so many unanswered questions. One of the responding LE said you could smell the house from 10 feet away--what is wrong with the boyfriend that he could go there? Did the neighbors notice that? Were there drugs, alcohol, partying etc. involved? Apparently the boyfriend was left alone in the house with the kids locked in their rooms. Did it ever occur to him to "credit card" their locks and check on them? Did he ever hear them locked in there? Where were the mother's friends--did she have any? Where are the grandparents?

Another CPS official was apparently disciplined for having an inappropriate relationship with the father. What's up with that?

It is so sad that so many failed these little girls.

Trial is set for July 15.

** I still think this girl should throw her off a cliff, despite what the rest of my post might sound like.

All quotes from this article: http://www.ktxs.com/news/klapheke-c...ed/-/14769632/20617474/-/prcbubz/-/index.html

ktxs said:
alleged improper relationship involving Thomas Klapheke and CPS Investigator Supervisor Tiffany Gann

Weird that the mothers name is Tiffany, and his cps girlfriend's name is Tiffany.

ktxs said:
According to Tiffany's adoptive parents, Scott and Tina Romano, the surviving Klapheke children are living with Thomas's parents.

Ok, so the mother was in foster care (most likely for neglect) and it got to the point where her parents rights were terminated allowing her to be adopted.

^This changes things for me a bit. She clearly didn't have the best life, her parents lost custody, no modeling of what is right and what is wrong.. I can see this as being she just never learned how to care for children or keep a clean house.

I wonder what age she was when she got TPR? What age was she when she was adopted by the Romano's?

Topix, not the best source but post seems to know fact

4th post down. Worse then what I was thinking.

I'm very sad now.
What a hard life.

Well I guess that answers the question of why the CPS closed the investigation administratively.

I do not have ANY sympathy for this woman. I personally know an officer who was on the scene when the child was reported not breathing. He said the stench was so bad they had to leave the house every so often because their eyes were burning so bad from the stench of urine and feces smell in the air. This woman should be thrown to the wolves. She had locked them in their room without food or care for days. Unforgivable in my eyes.

Read the Topix. Wow. Still, nobody gets a pass from me for treating their babies this way. Nobody, for no reason. Leave them on the church doorstep if you can't be bothered changing diapers!

She doesn't appear to have any maternal instinct whatsoever.
Whether is due to her upbringing, genetics, or something else, I got no clue.
But why have child, after child, after child?
:banghead:

I just read this case and all the post on topics. How heart breaking......

Question if they lived on base and CPS made a few visits wouldn't the air force had been checking up on this? I know when you drive on base you have to show identification so obviously someone knew....

How close together are these homes? Seriously, no neighrbor heard these babies screaming with hunger pains?

This CPS worked accused of the relationship with the father should be held accountable to some extent also.

I'm also not feeling so heart felt for the father in the situation either.....

why? why? why? why didn't someone step in....

The true victims are the chidlren!!!!! The adults in their lives failed them miserably

It almost seems worse for a baby to be neglected to death than to be abused to death. I mean, both unforgivable and sickening, but a parent who doesn't even care enough about her baby to hand her a bottle or keep her from rotting away in her own filth...it's beyond my ability to comprehend this.

"Senior Airman Christopher Perez was sentenced Oct. 18 to three years in prison and a dishonorable discharge for adultery and child endangerment in the August 2012 death of a toddler at her home on Dyess Air Force Base, Texas."

More details at http://www.airforcetimes.com/articl...y-child-endangerment-Dyess-toddler-death-case

I wonder if the mom gets the maximum in a civilian court, if her lawyer will appeal because this man only got a 3 year sentence in a military court?

IMO, he should have received the same charge since he lived in the house.

:rose: Rest In Peace Tamryn.

To depressed to take care of her children but she managed to keep herself fed and lively enough for a new man! When I was severely depressed a man was the last thing I thought about! She is nothing but a lying and she should have gotten life.30yrs =15 with good behavior,not long enough.

An ex-Child Protective Services worker is on trial for tampering with evidence while handling the case of a now-imprisoned Abilene mom whose severe neglect resulted in her toddler daughter’s death.

Jurors were selected and testimony began Monday.

Gretchen Denny, a CPS supervisor at the time of her 2015 arrest, is facing the charge because she allegedly asked that a photo of malnourished 22-month-old Tamryn Klapheke be deleted while police were investigating.

http://ktxs.com/news/abilene/ex-cps...in-case-of-neglected-abilene-toddler-who-died

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back