Found Deceased TX- Tanner Hoang Missed Lunch w/ Family Before Graduation Ceremony - College Station

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
Please help find Tanner Hoang, 22, last seen in College Station, TX on December 16, 2022.

He is a Texas A&M student.

His debit card was used at a gas station in Caldwell on Dec. 16th, 2022.

If you have any information please contact the College Station Police Department at 979-764-3600.

From the article in the above post:

"The family has shared that they came to College Station expecting to see Tanner graduate, but after he went missing they learned he had fallen short of graduation requirements and they confirmed with the university that he was not part of Friday’s commencement ceremonies"

This is very concerning. Tanner, please call home!

From the article linked by @ChatteringBirds above:
"The family has shared that they came to College Station expecting to see Tanner graduate, but after he went missing they learned he had fallen short of graduation requirements and they confirmed with the university that he was not part of Friday’s commencement ceremonies."
Not feeling strong enough/too shamed to face familial repercussions?

Best case scenario:
One goes through Caldwell (where he bought gas) on the way to Austin. If he went to high school in Flower Mound (an affluent suburb of Dallas), some or even many of his class mates went to college at UT Austin or Texas State (San Marcos) and he's in Austin or San Marcos with them.

and

"he had fallen short of graduation requirements"
I have to wonder how long he was keeping this under wraps -- hopefully it is just this Fall semester and he didn't pass a required course. Worst case scenario? It's been going on for awhile, possibly he wasn't enrolled, and he kept it all from the family.

This anguished scenario plays out every year at every college and university -- a student is supposed to graduate but doesn't pass a required course or courses, can't walk at graduation, and his or her entire extended family is ON THE WAY from where ever, sometimes on an International flight.

Fortunately Tanner's family was only about a 3-hour drive away, but still.

DEC 19, 2022
[...]

Shortly after the 22-year-old was reported missing on Sunday, Dec. 18 by College Station Police, community members, including Hoang's family and friends, started a Facebook group to help with their mission.

It's called Finding Tanner Hoang, has over 5,000 members and counting at the time this article was published Monday night.

[...]

Police said Hoang was last seen around 11 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 16 in the 900 block of Colgate Drive in College Station.

[...]

Within the group, community members reported seeing video of his 2009 Lexus ES350 with Texas plates BS2C737 making a stop at a gas station in Caldwell. This tip was reported to authorities.

DPS confirmed on Monday that he made to Bastrop on Highway 21, but are still working on a direction once he got into Bastrop, Quan Hoang wrote in the group.

[...]

DEC 18, updated 4 hours ago
[...]

On Monday, DPS expanded the search area to Lee County and areas west of Burleson County. Volunteers and family members, including Tanner’s father, gathered in Caldwell to coordinate efforts to find additional surveillance videos that could show where he traveled.

[...]

Amber Alert Network Brazos Valley Executive Director Chuck Fleeger said it’s critical people share important, actionable information.

“If they have a definitive time frame, if they have a direction of travel, if they have a very specific vehicle description and in this case, there is a very specific description,” Fleeger said.

[...]

Anyone in that area of the country memorize the vehicle and plate description and note his appearance. I think someone spotting the vehicle will be the best bet in getting him to safety and back to his worried family.
I originally had the vehicle description in the title and it was edited. JMO it's going to be key.

Rooting for you, Tanner. Please contact your family or at least police, so they know you're okay. They are there to help and advise.

Poor kid. He was probably ate up with guilt and an anxious wreck. I hope he just couldn’t face the music and packed to backpack across Europe or something. The alternatives aren’t happy endings. This is just a blip in time, Tanner. Be well.

Anyone in that area of the country memorize the vehicle and plate description and note his appearance.
I did that yesterday and looked up the year and model Lexus in silver. Unfortunately, it's general appearance is a generic silver sedan, nothing stands out in particular.

From Bastrop, he could be heading for San Antonio, Houston, San Marcos, anywhere. I'm really hoping he's headed to stay with a friend. He'll also be needing to gas up and use his debit card -- so that should be showing up.

Tanner, phone home!

It's now Wednesday afternoon, and apparently he hasn't spent any money since Friday when he got gas in Caldwell. It's a little hard to be hopeful.
On a slightly more positive note, when he stopped in Caldwell for gas he had a destination in mind -- otherwise, why gas up?
But yes, I understand your perspective.

TANNER HOANG, PLEASE CALL HOME!
I know this might seem like the darkest of times, and no, I do not know your individual circumstances.

What I DO know, is that MORE than any anger or shame your family might feel, is their over-riding LOVE for you and DESIRE for you to be found, and HELP you feel well again.

How can I know that? Because I am a parent who had children go through this feeling of failure. We got past that bump in the road, and you and your family can too! They already know about the deception, and they chose to share that publicly so that we can ALL help support your family through this temporary crisis. They would not have done that if they were ashamed. Their only goal now is to know you are SAFE.

PLEASE let the closest Law enforcement agency know where you are, and allow them to help you. WE ARE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU TANNER! We know and understand the pressures of university life, especially during this unprecedented pandemic. You are not alone.
REACH OUT and someone will help!
That is a promise!

DPS: Car possibly spotted in Bastrop but Texas A&M student remains missing
The FB group mentioned in this article is run by Tanner’s roommates, and they are working hard at getting the word out to be on the lookout for Tanner’s car, a silver Lexus, TX license # BS2C737. Someone posted a nifty way to remember it…
”It’s BS to see (2C) a 737 fly low”. BS2C737

There are many of us WS members in Texas!
Let’s keep our eyes open on the roads for a silver Lexus TX# BS2C737.
“It’s BS 2C a 737 fly low.”

Published: 11:03 PM CST December 20, 2022
Updated: 8:07 PM CST December 21, 2022

UPDATE 5:51 p.m. Dec. 21 via public Facebook page titled "Finding Tanner Hoang": Sources confirmed Tanner did not drive onto U.S. Highway 21 towards Bastrop but turned west on U.S. Highway 290 towards Elgin. The latest sighting was Friday, Dec. 16, at a Valero gas station off Highway 290.

We are having very cold weather in TX right now. I hope he has found a warm place to spend the night. If only you could make a young person understand that not graduating is not the end of the world. It's a setback that can be overcome. We all have setbacks and we may feel deep shame & even hopeless, but it's not worth disappearing and possibly getting hurt or hurting yourself. So hoping for a good outcome for this young man.

From the standpoint of contextualizing (and not minimizing) what he is feeling, this is a familiar motif, there are similar scenarios at predictable annual frequency, especially in this cultural time of highest expectations and helicopter/tiger parenting (I say this as a definite tiger parent myself). Prayers and warmest thoughts that he will reveal himself, that this hasn’t resulted in a worst-case outcome, that he is reassured by loved ones that all will be well and they’re behind him in the road forward, and that he carries on. Earlier today I was asking myself, is it really possible to outrun an internet story when a person has a relatively uncommon name in a specific place and he needs to live the rest of his life with pride and dignity and google results not haunting him? I think yes. I have a friend who was subject to a really bad SEC investigation regarding her family in 2011 and she lives a beautiful life now regardless, there is some internet litter around, it hasn’t slowed her. My hope is that Tanner reveals himself, gets unequivocal love, gets therapy around shame and expectations he truly doesn’t have to meet, keeps calm, carries on and lives a gorgeous life. Let us all hope.

From the standpoint of contextualizing (and not minimizing) what he is feeling, this is a familiar motif, there are similar scenarios at predictable annual frequency, especially in this cultural time of highest expectations and helicopter/tiger parenting (I say this as a definite tiger parent myself). Prayers and warmest thoughts that he will reveal himself, that this hasn’t resulted in a worst-case outcome, that he is reassured by loved ones that all will be well and they’re behind him in the road forward, and that he carries on. Earlier today I was asking myself, is it really possible to outrun an internet story when a person has a relatively uncommon name in a specific place and he needs to live the rest of his life with pride and dignity and google results not haunting him? I think yes. I have a friend who was subject to a really bad SEC investigation regarding her family in 2011 and she lives a beautiful life now regardless, there is some internet litter around, it hasn’t slowed her. My hope is that Tanner reveals himself, gets unequivocal love, gets therapy around shame and expectations he truly doesn’t have to meet, keeps calm, carries on and lives a gorgeous life. Let us all hope.
There's always firms you can hire to lower the search ranks of bad stories, too. This can definitely be overcome.

I spent years screwing up at college, and there's a real panic that sets in when you can't keep up the illusion that all is well anymore. Hopefully he just needed to get his mind right and he didn't panic too badly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AudioPyre
Back