TX - Teen burns his baby in Microwave, Houston

You must not worship the God who told Abraham to kill his son Isaac.

Prayers to the baby and this family.

I'll have to re-read that to be sure but I don't recall torture being part of it.

Prayers to the baby indeed.

I'll have to re-read that to be sure but I don't recall torture being part of it.

Prayers to the baby indeed.

I don't know if being bound to an altar and seeing your father raise a knife to slaughter you is torture. I guess that depends on perspective. Possibly Isaac found it torturous.

I too do not believe in a God that would condone the murder of innocent life.

ETA: There is some interesting reading concerning Jewish, Christian and even Muslim explanations/interpretations/twists on the "binding of Isaac" at this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binding_of_Isaac

It says on his myspace account that he was discharged from the army, perhaps on mentally incompetant grounds? If so i wonder if this is some sort of incident that was triggered by combat stress if he was in Iraq..
Most of my friends who are in the military and served in Iraq have came back fine, however there is one who is now a diagnosed schitzophrenic and lurks around the local supermarket. Kinda scary when i think about it and all the other stories of things hes done.

This article says that he was in the army for only four months and then was kicked out for stealing a military computer. If it is correct then I don't know if he was in long enough to see any war action since basic training alone is a couple of months.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/galveston/stories/khou070520_tnt_babymicrowave.89eca27e.html

personally i dont care if they blame god, satan, or humpty dumpty. once you have shown you can cook your child then come up with a cover story about tripping with hot water.... it's time you give up the child.

personally i dont care if they blame god, satan, or humpty dumpty. once you have shown you can cook your child then come up with a cover story about tripping with hot water.... it's time you give up the child.

You got that right Sherri79.

You must not worship the God who told Abraham to kill his son Isaac.

Prayers to the baby and this family.

You've misunderstood the point of that passage in an attempt to attack God yet again. Don't you get tired?

You've misunderstood the point of that passage in an attempt to attack God yet again. Don't you get tired?

Only of you, DK.

In an earlier comment, which you neglected to read, I posted a link to the Christian and Jewish (and even Muslim) interpretations of this passage of the Bible.

And I am dumfounded as to where you get your opinion that I am an attacker of God.

Microwaved baby to get out of hospital soon

Warren police Sgt. Don Hollingsworth said Mauldin pleaded guilty last year to a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery. He also was charged with violation of an order of protection, an order usually associated with domestic violence or divorce cases.

=============
more @ link. http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou075018_ac_microwavedbaby.7fd35755.html

it also talks a little about the other grandmother.

I hope that sweet baby will be set up with a loving family who would love to have a baby in their home. I hope she gets the loving home she deserves, but when she hears of this years from now she will be horribly hurt i am sure. The mom does not deserve such a precious gift from God and neither does the dad. They very notion of putting a child in a microwave appals me. And the fact that the mother defends him.

Only of you, DK.

In an earlier comment, which you neglected to read, I posted a link to the Christian and Jewish (and even Muslim) interpretations of this passage of the Bible.

And I am dumfounded as to where you get your opinion that I am an attacker of God.

You're dumbfounded, alright! :crazy:

CPS has a fairly good reputation around here for acting quickly when it is obvious the entire family is impaired, as the mother and grandmother showed by their acts and comments.

I too found the reference to the biblical story of Abraham and Isaac disturbing.

There are enough issues at hand here to discuss and debate without bringing up a story that has, at the very least, multiple layers and pages upon pages of interpretations, theological references, and inherent debates--as well as its historical setting.

Probably one of the most distressing things about this story is that the family appeared to look like any other tourist group.

Also, I'm glad in some ways he was delusional or stupid enough to try this way of harming the child, if he had just suffocated the poor baby in the night, he might have gotten away with it.

SLP, thank you for confirming that, i missed that part of the article. If he was only in basic and for 4 months he wouldn't have been to Iraq or overseas yet..

The mother is trying to fight for custody.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4822829.html

She thinks that her husband is mentally ill and needs treatment, she admits that in the past they have had a rocky relationship which included physical abuse while she was pregnant (but he didn't hit her in the stomach, so it's okay) and she feels a woman should follow her husband.

That last thought will ensure she doesn't get custody of the baby.

We had a case in a neighboring county to Galveston, the parents were both off/on addicts, and the abuse the six month old baby suffered was horrific (among other things, her poor little tongue was nearly severed.) There was a history of abuse with the sibling and mom was not supposed to have the children near the dad.

Bottom line, the grandparents wanted custody or perhaps visitation, and were denied it. No contact, ever.

Neither set of grandparents was given visitation, both children were permanently adopted out.

I doubt the mom of this poor child will have any better luck in getting custody.

quotes pulled from texana's link.

first thank god!!!
The child was found to have no internal injuries after CPS asked doctors at Shriners Burns Hospital to perform computerized tomography, known as a CT scan, and magnetic resonance imaging, known as an MRI, CPS spokeswoman Carter said.
i really feared that the child would have something wrong inside as well as the burns.
second... mom sounds as crazy as dad.
When they separated, she obtained a restraining order. She says she shouldn't have phoned police when she saw him sitting in his car in front of the bank where she worked. He served six months in jail for violating the order, she said.
after the cooking of her child she says this??? i can see why childrens services thinks she is unfit.

"I'm battling custody on my daughter because they are doing me wrong," Eva Marie Mauldin said during an interview in her apartment here.
You are bing done wrong. Hey moron, your husband tried to cook your baby. How is that for being done wrong? Ugh. she needs to be punched in the face.

She quit her job without hesitation because, "I believe in the Bible. A wife follows her husband."
Keep following him and his abuse and violence will lead you right to your grave. It has happened many times before if you stay with it will get worse. Don't drag that innocent baby back into this if you are dumb enough to stay with him please terminate your rights.

When they separated, she obtained a restraining order. She says she shouldn't have phoned police when she saw him sitting in his car in front of the bank where she worked. He served six months in jail for violating the order, she said.
It scared you at the time, always trust your gut, he could have been waiting with a gun for you.
I do hope this child does not see these people again. I am so glad she is recovering well and will have no lasting effects from this. I wish she never even has to know the people who were supposed to love and protect her did this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back