Identified! TX - Terrell, LIVING woman w/ amnesia, Aug'07 - Stacy Forbes

Deb.. my thoughts exactly.. sometimes I am searching (during work.. shhh) and by the time I am able to post something worthy, its already there.. I peek here, then back to the job, and it gets the best of me I have to peek again to see if there is something else new that maybe I can a comment,suggestion or make a difference by posting, usually anything that I find is already posted before I can finish typing.. Im not a stalker.. just dont have the opportunity to search like everyone else.. I wish I could, I love WS, and if I have gone a day without being here I start having WS withdrawls.. I think this place is awesome.. and you all got me thru some very very hard times without even knowing how you all had an impact in my life!

Hey technically we are all lurkers at one time or another, and everyone here is a valuable asset to an amazing team of people, caring about the world!

Now that I have seen this work done so well, I will get some help for a woman that has never been reported missing, and she is most likely in a mental hospital (protected under privacy laws) and she does not know that people love her, in spite of the fact that some of the family she has, does not want to find her...schizophrenia, and I NEED desperately to find her, so IF anyone can get around all the aspects of my missing person and knows a way to help, please PM me!

Thanks All!

I'd love to see her "missing" page, too. Glad to see her local law enforcement took it seriously. I guess they just assumed she'd walked away, which it looks like she did. But still!

Considering the fact that even when we had her name and goggled it, we could find next to nothing about her, I'd say her local LE didn't take it seriously at all. Neither did any of her family. It even took a co-worker to know she was gone at all.

This poor woman. She seems to really be alone in the world with no support system.

Synthia,

This is a great group! I'm so glad I found WS. I'm supposed to be working when I'm on here during the day, too...lol. I am working but I go back and forth and maybe comment here and there. Like you, usually I find that someone else has posted what I was thinking or have found but that's alright. We all care about the missing and do what we can if it's only telling others.

Kgeaux, you're right. We never could find anything on her so local LE didn't put it out there like one would expect. I'm sure if they had, she would have been identified much sooner.

I am sorry about the lurker comment I made, I tried to sugar coat it by saying I love the lurkers, LOL..I just got peed cause I was trying to hard to keep everyone updated then a few jumped on me that I missed, and it hurt my feelings...I'm sorry....I love each and every single one of you (ok, not all of you, but 99.98%) and I hate for anyone think I am overlooking, I spouted and shouldn't have, forgive me.

Lurk Lurk, work work, let's just be a team and get it done!

Christine, I didn't even remember it was you who posted it...lol. You do work very hard here and at your other forum for the missing.

:blowkiss:

I'm sorry....I love each and every single one of you (ok, not all of you, but 99.98%) and I hate for anyone think I am overlooking, I spouted and shouldn't have, forgive me.

Lurk Lurk, work work, let's just be a team and get it done!

LOL! ::blowkiss: You did a WONDERFUL job!

(I hope I'm in the majority group here, not the teensy group!)

I'm coming into this thread a little late, but...how wonderful that this woman was identified! I've been reading up on dissociative fugue / amnesia and how it relates to the missing. It appears that this woman has a troubled personal life in addition to the amnesia. I read some posts implying that all people with dissociative disorders have troubled lives, and I just wanted to mention the case of Jeffrey Ingram, an extremely "normal" guy who happens to have this same condition. Here are a couple of links:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15373503/
http://www.rd.com/content/a-man-with-amnesia-reunited-with-his-wife/

Experts still haven't exactly pinpointed what makes certain people more prone to dissociative fugue / amnesia. But for those who are prone to it, an episode can be triggered by stress. I also wrote up a blog post on it with a couple other amnesia victims mentioned:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=148979586&blogID=311164872

Although this does seem to be fairly rare, it could account for some of our unsolved missing persons cases.

Sorry if I'm repeating anything...didn't quite read the whole thread, although I tried :angel:

Hi Gina M!

I had never heard of that fellow before. I'm so glad he had loved ones that knew him well enough to find him. I can't imagine the helplessness they must have felt when he went missing!

Thanks for the articles! :blowkiss:

You know...she does resemble Tara a lot. Maybe it is why she looks so familiar to everyone..because a lot of us studied Tara's photo so often when we were trying to figure out that OSBI photo they said ended up being a woman from Iraq. Quite possible! Wouldn't that be a fabulous miracle?! WOW! I bet that story would go national in a heartbeat!
OK I am late to this game and just came across this today by chance. I swear it is her! It looks just like her!!!!
I am about to get on this...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back