TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
We (including me) should be mindful that there are rules about linking stuff. If we can't just bring any and every thing from FB or even certain media over here, it stands to reason that pictures a user posts directly without a link should be looked at with skepticism and/or reported to mods to handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again and again I'm not thinking of the required link. Thanks for reminding me in time! :)

And you shouldn’t buy it. This member who put the license plates photo out there posted pics awhile back showing VB’s face in the SP outfit/helmet (it was obviously super-imposed). Now, I am not saying that’s impossible (that it is VB or a Bevers family member), but we cannot see who it is in the outfit in the church! The person would have been arrested long ago if it was that obvious. This particular member doctors photos IMO so I would disregard.

I completely agree with this. I can only assume it is for attention which takes the attention off of this case and MB. There was a very similar poster elsewhere so this poster is familiar to some of us. I know there is an ignore option on WS so maybe we should find it or at the least scroll on by these convoluted, photoshopped postings. JMHO

I've been going back and re-examining the timeline. Timeline states suspect in police gear was captured on surveillance video at 3:50 a.m. Missy enters the church at 4:20 a.m. Participant in her class arrives in parking lot at 4:35 a.m. 9-1-1 calls are made at 5:00 a.m.

However, paperwork from the police department states that Missy was setting up her room for the boot camp for "about 30 minutes," at which time she then heads towards where the suspect is waiting. Neither is seen on tape again. If this is accurate, that would mean she entered the building at 4:20 but did not head towards the suspect until 4:50 a.m. That gives the murderer only 10 minutes to murder her and escape before her body is found at 5:00 a.m.

It also means at least one of the bootcamp participants is in the parking lot at the time of the murder (they arrived at 4:35). Granted, they may have been listening to music and unable to hear any screams within, but they would have seen a person dressed in police gear leaving the door to the church; that means the murderer left through another entryway - which would have added to what they had to accomplish in that short 10 minute window. Police arrive at 5:10 a.m., at which time presumably the murderer would have been unable to leave the parking lot by vehicle.

And why is it after Missy is murdered is the suspect not seen again? Did they leave through a window? No surveillance cameras in that portion of the church? Reports have indicated her body was located in the southwest corner of the church, so with her body being discovered at approximately 5:00 a.m., people would have been inside the church heading towards her body for at least a couple of minutes before it was found. That cuts an already close 10 minute window even closer...

So if these reports and police documents are accurate, imagine this from the murderer's point of view. You've been in the church since 3:50 a.m. waiting on Missy to show up (assuming this is a targeted hit). You surely hear activity within the church when Missy enters at 4:20 a.m. Missy likely is going back and forth to her vehicle several times in order to bring the equipment inside (although it is likely this ended by 4:35 since the person in the parking lot did not enter with her to help bring any equipment in or help to set up the room, which would be the most likely scenario). Very strange they did not go to her but rather remained where they were and waiting for her. So from 4:35 they simply lie in wait for her to come to them until she finally does so at 4:50. Imagine them looking repeatedly at their watch, knowing class starts at 5:00, and knowing that anyone else could enter the church at any moment. They know they have to kill her (with a hammer, no less) and get away before anyone can stop them and at 4:50 a.m. they now only have 10 minutes before class is scheduled to start. You know Missy is physically fit and there's the possibility it will take at least several minutes to subdue her (unless she is attacked first from behind and knocked out - however, autopsy report states she dies from puncture wounds to head and chest - not head and back, suggesting a frontal assault). You've been waiting 30 minutes since you heard her enter and she's still not coming to where you are, so do you go to her (which for some reason they did not want to - was there surveillance cameras in that room and they feared their face might be exposed in the encounter with Missy?) or keep waiting even if that means you miss out on this opportunity? Is it possible they made noise to lure her to their area? Call out to her? Or were they so confident of her schedule they knew she'd go to that corner of the church before she started class (use bathroom; pick up class roster; something else?)?

If they waited until 4:50 a.m. to murder her, they had nerves of steel. That would seem to indicate this was not their first rodeo.

I don't know where you are seeing your info about MB being seen for about 30 mins. That is not correct. You may be thinking of the fact that the suspect was seen on camera for about 30 mins - not MB.

MB pulled in at 4:16. At 4:18 she is seen entering the church.

The first camper pulled in at 4:35. The attack likely had happened by then because MB was seen heading toward suspect location within a few minutes of entering the church, and she is not seen again.

We (including me) should be mindful that there are rules about linking stuff. If we can't just bring any and every thing from FB or even certain media over here, it stands to reason that pictures a user posts directly without a link should be looked at with skepticism and/or reported to mods to handle.

I tried to go back and make a note about that in my previous post which included pics. The pics are ones that I made myself yesterday and are stored locally here, so there really is no link.. not sure where that falls in the rules..

I tried to go back and make a note about that in my previous post which included pics. The pics are ones that I made myself yesterday and are stored locally here, so there really is no link.. not sure where that falls in the rules..

Probably fine. My post really had to do with some pics that have almost certainly been doctored.

I've been going back and re-examining the timeline. Timeline states suspect in police gear was captured on surveillance video at 3:50 a.m. Missy enters the church at 4:20 a.m. Participant in her class arrives in parking lot at 4:35 a.m. 9-1-1 calls are made at 5:00 a.m.

However, paperwork from the police department states that Missy was setting up her room for the boot camp for "about 30 minutes," at which time she then heads towards where the suspect is waiting. Neither is seen on tape again. If this is accurate, that would mean she entered the building at 4:20 but did not head towards the suspect until 4:50 a.m. That gives the murderer only 10 minutes to murder her and escape before her body is found at 5:00 a.m.

It also means at least one of the bootcamp participants is in the parking lot at the time of the murder (they arrived at 4:35). Granted, they may have been listening to music and unable to hear any screams within, but they would have seen a person dressed in police gear leaving the door to the church; that means the murderer left through another entryway - which would have added to what they had to accomplish in that short 10 minute window. Police arrive at 5:10 a.m., at which time presumably the murderer would have been unable to leave the parking lot by vehicle.

And why is it after Missy is murdered is the suspect not seen again? Did they leave through a window? No surveillance cameras in that portion of the church? Reports have indicated her body was located in the southwest corner of the church, so with her body being discovered at approximately 5:00 a.m., people would have been inside the church heading towards her body for at least a couple of minutes before it was found. That cuts an already close 10 minute window even closer...

So if these reports and police documents are accurate, imagine this from the murderer's point of view. You've been in the church since 3:50 a.m. waiting on Missy to show up (assuming this is a targeted hit). You surely hear activity within the church when Missy enters at 4:20 a.m. Missy likely is going back and forth to her vehicle several times in order to bring the equipment inside (although it is likely this ended by 4:35 since the person in the parking lot did not enter with her to help bring any equipment in or help to set up the room, which would be the most likely scenario). Very strange they did not go to her but rather remained where they were and waiting for her. So from 4:35 they simply lie in wait for her to come to them until she finally does so at 4:50. Imagine them looking repeatedly at their watch, knowing class starts at 5:00, and knowing that anyone else could enter the church at any moment. They know they have to kill her (with a hammer, no less) and get away before anyone can stop them and at 4:50 a.m. they now only have 10 minutes before class is scheduled to start. You know Missy is physically fit and there's the possibility it will take at least several minutes to subdue her (unless she is attacked first from behind and knocked out - however, autopsy report states she dies from puncture wounds to head and chest - not head and back, suggesting a frontal assault). You've been waiting 30 minutes since you heard her enter and she's still not coming to where you are, so do you go to her (which for some reason they did not want to - was there surveillance cameras in that room and they feared their face might be exposed in the encounter with Missy?) or keep waiting even if that means you miss out on this opportunity? Is it possible they made noise to lure her to their area? Call out to her? Or were they so confident of her schedule they knew she'd go to that corner of the church before she started class (use bathroom; pick up class roster; something else?)?

If they waited until 4:50 a.m. to murder her, they had nerves of steel. That would seem to indicate this was not their first rodeo.
BBM.
Where are you getting that from? There is a timeline that MPD has on their FB page (I think it is actually in their photos if you don't want to go through their timeline) and there should be a post in the media thread.

No reason to think that MPD has blurred anything. Now that I've seen the SWFA video, and even with a slight degradation of quality from uploading to YouTube, it's obvious at least to me that it is what it is. No one would have gone in and blurred 6000+ frames of video. And the blurring effect would be obvious to our eyes if they did do it.

I'm meaning the ones directly from MPD...I'm ok with being wrong. :) I just think some people have gone down a rabbit trail trying to make a mountain of a mole hole...JMO...It amazes me the skills members on here have to sleuth this stuff.

Sorry, this was in reply to Germany's post:

Yes, I do think it's entirely possible that someone was hired to do this. Someone who has no problem bashing a head in for the right amount of money. And someone who can walk away from it with no hesitation. But......there are those who are as deeply involved as the killer. I don't care how small of a hint they gave; they are equally culpable.

The evidence of some family involvement is too strong to ignore.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I do believe that it would have been necessary to create a lure to make sure Missy was where SP needed her to be. Others disagree. Whatever the situation SP would need to have it so Missy wouldn't leave nor dial 911 before the killing took place.

Here is where the "4FAITH" license plate comes from. It was NEVER from video of the silver Altima - only displayed next to the actual license plate to show this "One State Under God" style license plate did not match.

https://youtu.be/mZI33Mh-8hY?t=1012

BBM.
Where are you getting that from? There is a timeline that MPD has on their FB page (I think it is actually in their photos if you don't want to go through their timeline) and there should be a post in the media thread.

"The affidavit says Missy was in the church for about 30 minutes where she was setting up for her fitness class. It says cameras captured her walking toward the suspect's location. After that, neither are seen again on camera. Her body later found in the southwest corner of the building."

Also appears in the broadcast at about the 1:38 mark (shows snips of the affidavit).

http://www.fox4news.com/news/136850559-story

...RSBM....

MPD presser 4-18-2016 (in the media thread):

Captain John Spann: Like Chief said, we have some video surveillance.
The video in the church is –– works on motion section [sic], so we can't say
for sure when he got into the building, but he –– the first time he appears
on the camera is about ten minutes before 4:00 A.M. But that's not to say
that he wasn't in the building prior to that, because he may not have been
anywhere where they captured video.
Female Reporter: But do you know if it was –– if it happened very quickly,
if she arrived and…?

Captain John Spann: Pretty quick after she got there. Again, the timeline
from the boot camp members that were arriving there –– again, we know
the time that she entered the church, which I believe is going to be around
4:18 [A.M.], again, approximate time. We see her in the video. She's
walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her, but
when she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion,
and the camera turns off, so we don't have anything. Like I said, we have
no video of the assault actually taking place.

MPD presser 4-22-2016 (in the media thread):

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson:The suspect arrived at the church first and forced entry into the location.
Missy arrived a few minutes later –– excuse me, [the] first time surveillance
captured the suspect on video was about ten minutes before 4:00 A.M. Ms.
Bevers arrived at about 4:16 A.M. in the parking lot and entered the church
immediately. A few minutes later, she was inside the church, not realizing
the intruder was already inside, and shortly thereafter she was murdered
inside of the church. We're not going to discuss the details of how Ms.
Bevers was murdered. Our communications center received some calls to
911 at about 5:00 A.M. reporting the incident to Midlothian Police
Department.

I'm still hung up on WTF that driver was doing in the SWFA lot. Possible scenarios:

1 - Driver is SP and is a hired hitman
2 - Driver is SP and is someone Missy knew personally or knew of her and targeted her
3 - Driver is SP and is just a psycho who randomly encountered her later in Church
4 - Driver is not SP but is otherwise engaged in nefarious activity
5 - Driver is not SP and is not engaged in nefarious activity

Scenario 1 - Seems unlikely. If this was a pro, why take so many unnecessary risks. You put your car and parts of your identity on 17 cameras that from his vantage point could expose him. You do about as much as possible to draw attention to yourself once in the lot - lights off, flashing lights, slowing creeping around the building, etc... Then you sit and wait for 4 minutes under a light, possibly the most visible spot in the lot for you to sit. You do this all with 2 cars in the lot and a TV on upstairs. Why take any of these risks? Why pull into SWFA in the first place? If it's a pro, I don't buy some convoluted plan where he had to pull into SWFA lot and meet with someone or signal someone. That seems way too risky and uncessary, and does not fit the profile of a hired gun imo.

Scenario 2 - All of the above in Scenario 1 applies here as well. Why does someone that knows her pull into that lot and act so strange? If this is someone that knows her and has planned this out so carefully, why the need to stop at the SWFA? They know where the church is right? Again, the signaling or meeting up seems far too risky and uncessary for even a non-pro to think up. Surely if you have planned to kill someone together, you just do it together. Why come up with some weird plan to meet separately and signal each other from a lot with 17 cameras?

Scenario 3 - This fits better imo. A psycho can easily be given credit for irrational thinking and also different motives, which may explain the video. This psycho was thnking of breaking into SWFA, cased the joint, decided not worth it, and moved on to check out the church. I still don't understand waiting for 4 mins after you've acted so strangely in a lot where people are possibly in the building, but if it's just some psycho, perhaps they just didn't care or were planning on killing anyone who approached them. Even a cop maybe? Perhaps this psycho was on a suicide mission and just never got caught.

Scenario 4 - This scenario is problematic b/c this nefarious person is not psycho, so even if not SP we are assuming rational actor again. Even if you are simply planning or possibly robbing SWFA, why are you sitting in the lot doing nothing for several minutes after rolling through the lot like that?

Scenario 5 - This doesn't seem to fit at all. Any reason a law-abiding citizen would have to pull in there does not lend itself to turing lights off, rolling slowly around the lot, flashing lights, etc... If the rain is too heavy or you are eating something or making or taking a call, you pull in under the lamp and stop. You don't do all the other weird stuff first imo.

Conclusions - At this point, I think the video dispells (to me at least) the notion that this was a well-planned crime. Well planned crimes do not involve putting yourself uncessarily on 17 cameras and risking encounters with people at SWFA or cops if they are called. Remember, from SP's perspective, there is no way he or she could be certain those camera wouldn't pick up on plates or their identity in the vehicle, so why risk it? Even if plates are fake and driver is disguised, the actions in the lot do not lend credence to the idea of a well-planned crime. If you get approached or cops get called, it doesn't matter what the cameras picked up. Once you are encountered, even if you are let go, you have been seen. You can't then complete the crime because you will be easily identified. If this was a well-planned crime to kill her in that church I just fail to see how involving SWFA and their army of cameras in any way is a good idea.

So, if it wasn't well-planned, and the driver is SP, I think random Psycho and incredibly stupid acquaintance are the frontrunners.

I don't know where you are seeing your info about MB being seen for about 30 mins. That is not correct. You may be thinking of the fact that the suspect was seen on camera for about 30 mins - not MB.

MB pulled in at 4:16. At 4:18 she is seen entering the church.

The first camper pulled in at 4:35. The attack likely had happened by then because MB was seen heading toward suspect location within a few minutes of entering the church, and she is not seen again.

Comes from the affidavit provided by the police department to news outlets. http://www.fox4news.com/news/136850559-story

I am re-reading through this timeline of attacker on camera, her arriving and then others arriving at the church shortly after. Seems her attacker certainly had an almost down to the minute plan. I think this catches my thoughts because they (attacker), in my mind certainly knew the layout of the church as well as the immediate area around the church, parking and such. He knew the door she would enter and what area inside she would be going to. That's a pretty good sized area, they almost had to have been in the building before. I can't see going through all that organization and planning only to walk in an unfamiliar building. I wonder, and hope, did LE gather previous footage from cameras in the building? Not sure how far back these things record. If so, they might just have video to compare that infamous walk to, minus the SWAT gear.

I'm so confused about the license plates! I think I missed something....but I'm also thinking I'm okay with missing that info.

:confused:

Comes from the affidavit provided by the police department to news outlets. http://www.fox4news.com/news/136850559-story

Interesting. I think that might have been a typo or misunderstanding by the reporter – they meant the perp was there 30 minutes. I looked and didn’t see that info in any SW but I could have missed it. Did you find it in an actual SW? Thanks.

"The affidavit says Missy was in the church for about 30 minutes where she was setting up for her fitness class. It says cameras captured her walking toward the suspect's location. After that, neither are seen again on camera. Her body later found in the southwest corner of the building."

Also appears in the broadcast at about the 1:38 mark (shows snips of the affidavit).

http://www.fox4news.com/news/136850559-story
Okay. The affidavit doesn't say that. That is the media getting something wrong. In this case very wrong. The probable cause affidavit says nothing like what the article says at all. Below is the probable cause affidavit from that warrant (link for this warrant is likely on the first page of this thread and likely in the media thread).

II. THE AFFIANT’S PROBABLE CAUSE
This investigation is being conducted by Investigator C. Moon of the Midlothian Police
Department. The following statements are based upon Your Affiant’s personal
knowledge and upon the information and evidence gathered during the course of this
investigation.
.On April 18th, 2016, at approximately 0506 hours, Midlothian Police received a call of an
unresponsive person at The Creekside Church of Christ, located at 5401 East US
Highway 287, Midlothian, Ellis County, Texas 76065. The caller advised a female
subject (later identified as the victim Terri Bevers) was at the location and was not
breathing and was deceased.
As first responders arrived on scene they observed several exterior and internal doors
with extensive damage to them as well as broken glass throughout the inside of the
church.
Investigators arrived on scene and were able to access the video surveillance recordings
from within the church. Investigators reviewed the video of the incident which shows a
subject wearing a black helmet, black balaclava, dark pants, dark long sleeve shirt, black
gloves, and a black vest with Police in white lettering on the front and back. The subject
is seen walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going
through offices.
At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the
building.
t
Terri Bevers’ had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent
with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.

Interesting. I think that might have been a typo or misunderstanding by the reporter – they meant the perp was there 30 minutes. I looked and didn’t see that info in any SW but I could have missed it. Did you find it in an actual SW? Thanks.

It's shown on their broadcast video at about the 1:40 mark. Will look for the actual doc itself when I get a chance a bit later. Thanks.

No it doesn't. It comes from the Fox4 reporter's interpretation of the SW affidavit which states no such thing as "MB in the church for 30 minutes".

From the SW in the media thread (Affidavit, II. Affiant's Probable Cause):

"At approximately 0418 hours, the victimTerri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area.The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video.The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the building."

If you can find this information you are promoting as originating from MPD's paperwork, I know I would like to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname