TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping number 3....Maybe not a ton of evidence....but not quite enough to make arrest. Probably monitoring a suspect...but not enough evidence

Hoping number 3....Maybe not a ton of evidence....but not quite enough to make arrest. Probably monitoring a suspect...but not enough evidence

I think they know who's behind this and who is in the church. I think they have been watching a few for a very long time. I also think the stress is getting to the one behind this also. I remember the police knowing that Scott Peterson killed his wife. They just didn't have enough to arrest him but they watched his every move. If those bodies hadn't washed up on shore, he may have never been arrested. They can know but they have to prove it. JMOO....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POLL: 1. grand jury is in session and they are hearing about the case
2. No grand jury and LE is stumped
3. LE has tons of evidence, they are just waiting to get all the ducks in row
Not 2.

I have been really thinking and reading on this. I also read some things on "Homicide Scene exceptions" but those were referencing the Suspect in the case, not the victim, so still unsure on that one.
:thinking: they would most definitely have put it on airplane mode immediately (learned that in BC murder case at trial) so that if it got near wifi someone couldn't log into the phone and mess with stuff. Doesn't matter if it was murder scene or not, Standard. *from what I understand ;) BUT also they probably would have dusted it or whatever for prints (depending on where it was located- near body, in pocket, dropped and away from body... did Campers move it? Did Campers use it to call BB?). CSI processing could also be one reason for the delay of getting extracted. We also do not know the shape of the iPhone (cracked/bloody) * just lots of :thinking out loud on the cell phone stuff.

Also
IIRC, all SW except for the extigent ones & Sealed 2, were signed late afternoon/evenings, Dry Cleaner SW being after 8pm. Would LEO be able to look into the phone to get BB phone number? Even IF any LEO knew the number for sure would be a legit way to "look in phone" to get ICE (in case of emergency number) Would be able to see last calls. JMHO

Really good thoughts on her cell.

#3 - but probably not as much evidence as we had hoped ... And nowhere close to enough to win at trial. :(

Get the true bill from GJ and start making the arrests! I bet once the first is arrested, they'll start talking.

1. grand jury is in session and they are hearing about the case

Eternal optimist! If LE has done all that they could, then the DA must carry the probable cause burdens to the GJ. Not sure if GJ currently has the case but, if not, they should soon. Eventually, there are no more leads to follow. We've surpassed that point, haven't we? Lay it all out there for the GJ and let them decide who should be indicted. jmo

1. grand jury is in session and they are hearing about the case

Eternal optimist! If LE has done all that they could, then the DA must carry the probable cause burdens to the GJ. Not sure if GJ currently has the case but, if not, they should soon. Eventually, there are no more leads to follow. We've surpassed that point, haven't we? Lay it all out there for the GJ and let them decide who should be indicted. jmo

That's not how it normally goes. GJ indictments usually occur after the fact of a warrant and an arrest, not before.

Yes, a GJ has the power to do its own investigation, such as with the Ramsey's in Colorado, but that's rare.

In TX they are basically a rubber stamp for the prosecutor and return a True Bill in 95% of cases.

The accused normally is aware of the proceeding beforehand and has an opportunity to present their side. So since they're going to be aware that there is a potential indictment, why not go ahead and arrest them first before they know anything is afoot. That way you can collect bond and reduce the chances they make a run for it.

All the GJ determines is probable cause, anyway. If LE do their job, they consult with the DA before getting the arrest warrant. The judge has to agree with the probable cause affidavit before he will sign it. The arrest is made, and THEN presented to a GJ (along with 40 or 50 other cases all at once so they can line 'em up and mow 'em down).

I disagree....IMO they don't owe us anything other than to keep us safe. I've said it probably 10x in this thread, but if they thought there was a chance of someone else being murdered, we would know. Whether involved in general public or close to MB. There would be a cop at every CG location every single time. I think we're so desperate for any information that we're picking apart things that aren't there. JMOO. I want this case done and arrests made just as much as anyone else. But I want these criminals to be brought to justice without a hitch in the case, and that takes time.

BBM

Let me start out by saying that I tend to agree with your statement in bold above. I have had the same thought since the beginning of the case, but I always hear a little voice in the back of my head questioning that. How does MPD know that the general population is safe? If they don't know the identify of SP and/or any accomplice, how do they really know that? And if they don't know SP's identity, how can they be sure the public is safe? On the other hand, if they know who SP is, why haven't they made an arrest? It's this apparent inconsistency that has me questioning whether MPD is suffering from its own case of confirmation bias. Do they have a hunch but no evidence? In that case, do they really know, or do they just think that they know?

I really wish that we knew where MPD stood, but I understand why we don't.

Tomorrow will be 10 months since MB's murder occurred. In my opinion, since an arrest has not yet occurred I feel police just don't have enough evidence to charge anyone with her murder. It seems obvious this killer took extraordinary steps to plan and carry out this murder. And it took a great passion and great hatred of MB. It was personal. JMHO.

Disclaimer for posts I am fixing to make. I am sorry that they sound random,and are but various thing wanted to share. Just been going over some notes and things seem to pop out and then we have had some clarification form MPD on a few things, and the SWFA video...some research... So please don't :tomato: :truce:

BBM

Let me start out by saying that I tend to agree with your statement in bold above. I have had the same thought since the beginning of the case, but I always hear a little voice in the back of my head questioning that. How does MPD know that the general population is safe? If they don't know the identify of SP and/or any accomplice, how do they really know that? And if they don't know SP's identity, how can they be sure the public is safe? On the other hand, if they know who SP is, why haven't they made an arrest? It's this apparent inconsistency that has me questioning whether MPD is suffering from its own case of confirmation bias. Do they have a hunch but no evidence? In that case, do they really know, or do they just think that they know?

I really wish that we knew where MPD stood, but I understand why we don't.

BBM

Perhaps a too perfectly executed type of a murder? Perfect by means of "not enough mistakes made" for a random "burglary/vandalism" go wrong?
Or the opposite, a burglary/ vandalism gone wrong,which would exclude a burglar or vandal from being a thread to the publicby the nature of the original intention i.e. burglarize or vandalize a church?

-Nin

BBM

Perhaps a too perfectly executed type of a murder? Perfect by means of "not enough mistakes made" for a random "burglary/vandalism" go wrong?
Or the opposite, a burglary/ vandalism gone wrong,which would exclude a burglar or vandal from being a thread to the publicby the nature of the original intention i.e. burglarize or vandalize a church?

-Nin

I believe that MB's murder was targeted, and I think that the too perfectly executed plan points to that. However, unless MPD knows the motive, how do they know that the rest of her family is safe? her campers? any person having a flirtatious relationship with MB at the time of her death? those people's spouses? How about any other people who may have been involved in a nefarious ring that MB uncovered?

Without an arrest and enough evidence to secure a conviction, how was does MPD really know if everyone is safe? This has bugged me for months, and maybe some posters can help me put this issue to rest... for my own sanity.

I really do think that MPD's silence has been just as telling as what they have said, but this particular bit bugs me.

ETA - And if SP is a vandal (I would be shocked, but we could all salute Cannonball), how does MPD know that this vandal won't strike again? How do they know this vandal won't come into contact with another unsuspecting person as (s)he roams another building?

I think her murder was targeted which is why I think it's not likely for the creep to strike again. JMO I think jealousy, rage and a perceived relationship they didn't like were motive. I could be wrong.

Admittedly, I may have not read every post over the past few days although I've tried. If this has been posted, please scroll and roll.

WAXAHACHIE
Former Maypearl police chief found guilty by Ellis County jury, assistant DA labels Coffey as 'more than just a pervert — he is a predator'

After just over two hours of deliberation, a jury of three women and nine men found former Maypearl Police Chief Kevin Coffey guilty of sexual contact and sexual assault of at least one girl under the age of 17 years old.

During his closing remarks, Assistant District Attorney Ricky Sipes told the jury that they need to look at all the facts that have been presented to them throughout the week — and not just the final testimony by Coffey.
"You don't take Kevin Coffey's word at this point. You have taken an oath to render a true verdict.<>" Sipes said. "You saw (the second juvenile's) emotions. There is no reason for her to put herself through that other than to tell the truth of what Kevin Coffey did to her at the Maypearl Police Department."

Sipes told the jury they also should weigh the character of the man when making their decision.

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/new...ey-as-more-than-just-pervert---he-is-predator

#4----- there is a cover up
#5----- NO evidence, Altima nor driver identified and cannot make an I.D. of SP

Admittedly, I may have not read every post over the past few days although I've tried. If this has been posted, please scroll and roll.

WAXAHACHIE
Former Maypearl police chief found guilty by Ellis County jury, assistant DA labels Coffey as 'more than just a pervert &#8212; he is a predator'

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/new...ey-as-more-than-just-pervert---he-is-predator

Kind of my point that I was insinuating above. It seems that (IMO) there is a 50/50 scenario with good and bad cops (LE).
If there are dirty cops, how does one know what evidence has or hasn't been compromised and who of (LE) are willing to roll on one of their own?
Sounds like a sticky dangerous scenario to be in. IMO

Places we have seen Suspect and or damage
** I had always in my mind thought Suspect went into the room right next to Dutch doors (there are 2 doors at Dutch door, 1 Suspect open 1 not) When goes to next door (look at shadows on floor for placement prior to opening Dutch door) I wonder if the suspect went into that room? If you look at the bottom of doors (zoom on hallway) there (JMHO) appears to be a kick plate 2 doors down from Dutch door. The room where windows are. SO JMHO Dutch doors (2), Door, Door to room with windows, door (offices and such all on right side of hallway JMHO)
I also just realized (I sure yall already knew) BOTH doors are propped open. I was thinking only 1, but I believe that I was just thinking that because of the MSM video from when did reconstruction. Then only 1 door was propped open. *can tell because of frame and can see the circle design in rug.

** The release of Suspect was only about gait and mannerisms for hopefully someone identify. Not about time line. We know what time Suspect was at doors across from Holy Ground because of the time stamp clips. Then the Updated version is only about Camera clips not about times. NW cameras could show something that they don't want public to see. Or how far the SW camera view is. That is a spliced part.

Movement public has seen:
*Coming out of RM 8 going up (West) in the North hallway passing Kitchen doors
<change camera>
*Walking towards the SW doors from the foyer area
*opens door to room across from Holy Grounds - comes back out
<splice Suspect suddenly has pry tool>
*tries to pry open closed door next to room came out of
*turns and walks towards SW doors/passing Holy Ground
<splice- camera change>
*walks to Dutch Door -Opens Dutch door in South hallway steps into room looks to be few sec (1.29 mark)
*comes out of Dutch door room, walks 8 steps going East down South hallway and turns facing door next to Dutch doors
*top of Dutch door is open, can see movement with hand....(*I had always thought went into that room but does not on video*)
*video movement freezes, feet same spot, but counter continues 2 sec if I caught it right

<splice>
*1:40 Suspect walking back from East end of South hallway toward Dutch doors, turn right to Worship Center side door
<splice change camera>
*Come out of a room with number next to door (JMHO looks like #10 from photo from VBS)
*Walk across hallway from door w/#
<video zooms in>
*Suspect swings hammer/tool appears to breaks glass **Notice the camera shakes when hits glass/object

I think her murder was targeted which is why I think it's not likely for the creep to strike again. JMO I think jealousy, rage and a perceived relationship they didn't like were motive. I could be wrong.

I bet you are right:). ... JMO!

I believe that MB's murder was targeted, and I think that the too perfectly executed plan points to that. However, unless MPD knows the motive, how do they know that the rest of her family is safe? her campers? any person having a flirtatious relationship with MB at the time of her death? those people's spouses? How about any other people who may have been involved in a nefarious ring that MB uncovered?

Without an arrest and enough evidence to secure a conviction, how was does MPD really know if everyone is safe? This has bugged me for months, and maybe some posters can help me put this issue to rest... for my own sanity.

I really do think that MPD's silence has been just as telling as what they have said, but this particular bit bugs me.

ETA - And if SP is a vandal (I would be shocked, but we could all salute Cannonball), how does MPD know that this vandal won't strike again? How do they know this vandal won't come into contact with another unsuspecting person as (s)he roams another building?

You answered your own questions...and mine too.....since it's MPDs job to protect their citizens and these families...they have to know who they think did this... Otherwise, they would have everyone on alert! Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member