TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medics arrived first and entered the building. JMHO I know most all FD/EMTS are held back until PD arrives and allows them into a secure scene. From Official Press Release at 4pm and Updated at 4:30 on April 18, 2016 that didn't happen in the situation at Creekside Church of Christ. https://www.facebook.com/1950470073...95047007358/10154073570637359/?type=3&theater

MPD official press release 4pm April 18 2016.JPG MPD official press release Updated 430pm April 18 2016.JPG

Midlothian Police Department April 22, 2016 ·4:14 p.m. Edited ·

UPDATE ON TERRI “MISSY” LEANN BEVERS MURDER INVESTIGATION

The Midlothian Police Department continues to thoroughly investigate the murder of Terri “Missy” Leann Bevers. In the interest of generating new leads, the department has released additional surveillance footage of the church. The surveillance system is motion-activated and results in different time sequences. If there was no movement captured by the camera system, the video would stop recording. Video surveillance times are approximate.

Detectives would like the public to focus in on the mannerisms and distinguishing walk of the suspect. Investigators believe that someone still has information or may recognize the suspect in this case. The department continues to pour through numerous tips that are coming and is collaborating with multiple federal partners and neighboring agencies to help identify the suspect.

“This case is weighing heavy on the community and our investigative team. Our thoughts and prayers remain with the Bevers family and our entire Midlothian community. We will vigorously pursue the person or persons responsible and bring them to justice,” said Midlothian Police Chief Carl D. Smith.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the department’s tip line at 972-775-7624. Tipsters may be eligible for a cash reward and can also remain anonymous by contacting Ellis County Crime Stoppers at 972-937-PAYS (7297). Oak Farms Dairy has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible.

Updated Timeline:
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 3:50 A.M. – Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:20 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building.
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:35 A.M. – Participant in Camp Gladiator arrives at location
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:00 A.M. – Two 911 calls received from location
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:01 A.M. – Fire Department dispatched
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:03 A.M. – Initial Patrol Officers dispatched
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:07 A.M. – Fire Department arrives at the location
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:10 A.M. – Officers arrive at the location

Case #16MP015685
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/midlothian-police-department-195047007358
Twitter: MidlothianPDYouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6jndpvRpI8fxuHJQQjwnaw

Medics arrived first and entered the building. JMHO I know most all FD/EMTS are held back until PD arrives and allows them into a secure scene. From Official Press Release at 4pm and Updated at 4:30 on April 18, 2016 that didn't happen in the situation at Creekside Church of Christ. https://www.facebook.com/1950470073...95047007358/10154073570637359/?type=3&theater

View attachment 112794 View attachment 112795

The Midlothian Police Department continues to thoroughly investigate the murder of Terri “Missy” Leann Bevers. In the interest of generating new leads, the department has released additional surveillance footage of the church. The surveillance system is motion-activated and results in different time sequences. If there was no movement captured by the camera system, the video would stop recording. Video surveillance times are approximate.

Detectives would like the public to focus in on the mannerisms and distinguishing walk of the suspect. Investigators believe that someone still has information or may recognize the suspect in this case. The department continues to pour through numerous tips that are coming and is collaborating with multiple federal partners and neighboring agencies to help identify the suspect.

“This case is weighing heavy on the community and our investigative team. Our thoughts and prayers remain with the Bevers family and our entire Midlothian community. We will vigorously pursue the person or persons responsible and bring them to justice,” said Midlothian Police Chief Carl D. Smith.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the department’s tip line at 972-775-7624. Tipsters may be eligible for a cash reward and can also remain anonymous by contacting Ellis County Crime Stoppers at 972-937-PAYS (7297). Oak Farms Dairy has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible.

Updated Timeline:
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 3:50 A.M. – Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:20 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building.
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:35 A.M. – Participant in Camp Gladiator arrives at location

Case #16MP015685
Twitter: MidlothianPDYouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6jndpvRpI8fxuHJQQjwnaw

Fire Department (5:07) arrived 3 full minutes prior to Officers arriving (5:10). Can't remember what time KS said BB was called by campers then later by LEO. That was plenty of time for anyone to have left the scene/church from when Campers first seen on video entering building until 5:07 when Fire Dept arrived, and again it was 3 more minutes before the Officers arrived. JMHO from reading MPD documents

Ok...this case is driving me nuts. I live about 30 minutes away..so I drove to the location today....just to look....here are some of my observations....

1. Driving west from I-35..as soon as I hit Midlothian...my cell service got bad..down to 1 bar to No Service briefly as I pulled into the SWFA parking lot...I literally had zero to 1 bar in the parking lot.

2. Driving west..there is no direct left turn into SWFA...you had to go a short distance to make a U turn to go East, then turn right into the SWFA. The U turn, ironically, is right in front of the Church the crime happened.

3. The Midlothian airport is ridiculiously close to the church....

4. THere is a couple of gas stations...and a Whataburger heading west on 287...wondering if any of those surveilence cameras were looked at..just to see the cars driving by?

Ok, here are some thoughts about my ovservations...either way the Altima was driving, it would have had to turn right into the SWFA....
Maybe the reason the SP might have pulled into the SWFA..is because they were trying to get directions, since they lost cell signal? Maybe they drove around the building trying to establish connection...turned the lights off to not draw attention to them...then turned them back on as they saw the 2 cars....then parked...and drove off once they re-established cell service?

There is one driveway in and one driveway out of the church....I think if Missy saw a car parked somewhere, she might have been concerned..so SP was probably parked behind the church somewhere...or is there a way to park at the airport...and walk??

Ok..feedback??

Thank you for taking the drive and providing your observations. Some here have done nice work with screen grabs from the SWFA Altima video of Apr. 18. Based on those images, the date, time of the video IMO the Altima occupants were there for one purpose which was to facilitate the plan to murder Missy Bevers. It is of course possible, and IMO likely, another vehicle was involved as well. Some here who have worked with the video have noted that many frames are missing so we do not have a total account of what went on with car in the the SWFA lot. While we can only speculate, some here think there was a vehicle parked somewhere on the COC property. There is said to be a slope in the back iirc and a vehicle would have been unseen there by Missy.

There appears to be a possible path from SWFA lot through a tree line along the creek to the rear area of the COC. The weather had been stormy for several days prior to the murder and was that morning. Some think the weather conditions would have made the trip along the creek nearly impossible. We have also noted that the perp(s) did not appear wet/ muddy from what we can ascertain by the COC CCTV video. Some think the time spent by perp( s) in the COC kitchen area allowed time to dry off.

We here have also wondered if the Altima was caught on area business surveillance cameras. We also do not know if the Altima did the U turn after leaving SWFA to head back towards COC as the video ends before we can see that. Very little information from LE so we just do not know.

IMO 2 videos, multiple agencies, 11 months to work on cracking the case should lead, or have lead, to arrest(s). Worrisome IMO.

All JMOO

There is 2 things that bother me. 1 Why, if Missy was leading an excise workout, would MT call her at 5:30 in the middle of workout?
2 How did RC know there was 9 strikes and wanted to know how much blood splatter there would be?

Yes this case is very bizarre for a small town or for anywhere for that matter. Also, other cases have cooperating POI who have turned out to be the killers.
I did answer your questions I thought but they didn't go to right place. Now I know how to do it to the questions. WS keep freezing up on me and crashing so I don't know if they got posted or not. Yes I do have my opinion of who it is and like the rest of us will have to wait and see. I didn't mean to be so frank in my last post to be deleted. I'm sorry. I guess all of us are getting frustrated in no info being released when the last thing told by mpd, they fear they may strike again.

I did forget to put on my editing I use a nighttime lens with zoom.

All things I mention or say is JMO.

Ok...this case is driving me nuts. I live about 30 minutes away..so I drove to the location today....just to look....here are some of my observations....

1. Driving west from I-35..as soon as I hit Midlothian...my cell service got bad..down to 1 bar to No Service briefly as I pulled into the SWFA parking lot...I literally had zero to 1 bar in the parking lot.

2. Driving west..there is no direct left turn into SWFA...you had to go a short distance to make a U turn to go East, then turn right into the SWFA. The U turn, ironically, is right in front of the Church the crime happened.

3. The Midlothian airport is ridiculiously close to the church....

4. THere is a couple of gas stations...and a Whataburger heading west on 287...wondering if any of those surveilence cameras were looked at..just to see the cars driving by?

Ok, here are some thoughts about my ovservations...either way the Altima was driving, it would have had to turn right into the SWFA....
Maybe the reason the SP might have pulled into the SWFA..is because they were trying to get directions, since they lost cell signal? Maybe they drove around the building trying to establish connection...turned the lights off to not draw attention to them...then turned them back on as they saw the 2 cars....then parked...and drove off once they re-established cell service?

There is one driveway in and one driveway out of the church....I think if Missy saw a car parked somewhere, she might have been concerned..so SP was probably parked behind the church somewhere...or is there a way to park at the airport...and walk??

Ok..feedback??

That's a small landing strip for small airplanes. Flying at night in a storm would have been highly risky.

I'm betting SP's cell phone is harnessed firmly in his or her nightstand.

Glad to see you back.

Am trying to read between the lines on your Sunday rainy night post and am wondering if there is a hint I'm failing to see.

The one item I really have a question on however, is who was affair guy #3? I have two: 1). KC who was given to investigators by BB but it was supposedly an affair that happened a while back 2). CW
who was also given up by BB (how BB knew about him is a big questionable question mark).
#3 ?

Please advise. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

In one search warrant it gave a known male (I believe CW but don't quote me on that) and other liaisons/partners (plural). Those were not specified but the wording indicated 1 + 2+. That's where I came up with my 3.

I am assuming 3rd person was AJT.

That's a guess but it also could have been another relationship discovered. You know every call within a few weeks or months was followed up on. I was in the CT camp earlier after listening to the podcast and hearing local buzz. But don't know. I'm pretty sure CT is not SP; doesn't match up.

View attachment 112794 View attachment 112795

Updated Timeline:

Case #16MP015685
Oh how I remember this part of the discussion from looooong ago.
I and a few other members were trying to figure out how in the world the EMT's were allowed into a crime scene prior to LE arrival. Those of us who discussed this were distraught about how this could happen and those of us who commented had 1 st hand knowledge and or experience protocol.

That's a guess but it also could have been another relationship discovered. You know every call within a few weeks or months was followed up on. I was in the CT camp earlier after listening to the podcast and hearing local buzz. But don't know. I'm pretty sure CT is not SP; doesn't match up.
But by your post, I thought CT was surely who you were describing.

Do you have someone in mind?

JMO, but I don't think she had an affair with AT. I could be wrong, but I think there were probably other men she met through various ways rather than CG. I suspected CT in beginning, but can't imagine her doing that when he's around fit women all the time. Can't imagine her rage being directed strictly at MB. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In one search warrant it gave a known male (I believe CW but don't quote me on that) and other liaisons/partners (plural). Those were not specified but the wording indicated 1 + 2+. That's where I came up with my 3.

My recollection is that the wording indicated "one or more" - and in a different place mentioned CW - which taken together can indicate:
- there was only one, but LE was using "search warrant language" (very expansive and broad language) for effect in order to obtain the desired warrant
- there could have been more than one, and maybe as many as 3 like you theorize, or who knows maybe dozens ....who can say?

JMO, but I don't think she had an affair with AT. I could be wrong, but I think there were probably other men she met through various ways rather than CG. I suspected CT in beginning, but can't imagine her doing that when he's around fit women all the time. Can't imagine her rage being directed strictly at MB. JMO

What other various ways? And wouldn't their phone numbers have shown up on the SW?

What other various ways? And wouldn't their phone numbers have shown up on the SW?

Meaning there's so many places to meet someone and social media could be a big part. There's numerous apps that you can communicate through without texts/iMessage. Kik, WhatsApp and SnapChat remind me of a few. JMO

Hello!
The LinkedIn warrant listed CW i believe. It was the affidavit attached to BB's FB warrant that named KC and referred to assignations, if I remember correctly. Although in two different affidavits, there were 2 individuals named.

Thx arkansasmimi and mistree for your posts about timing.

Despite this from mimi's post w timeline ---
"• Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:01 A.M. – Fire Department dispatched
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:10 A.M. – Officers arrive at the location"

and

Oh how I remember this part of the discussion from looooong ago.
I and a few other members were trying to figure out how in the world the EMT's were allowed into a crime scene prior to LE arrival. Those of us who discussed this were distraught about how this could happen and those of us who commented had 1 st hand knowledge and or experience protocol.
---is it poss FD-EMTs arrived at the church parking lot before LE,
--- poss FD-EMTs waited outside church bldg?
---poss FD-EMTs only went inside bldg after LE 'cleared'?
Sorry. I recall gen discussion from waaaay back but not details of who actually went in first.
IOW maybe FD-EMTs did not/had no opportunity to contaminate crime scene, at least not inside church?

Wondering. Anyone?

There is 2 things that bother me. 1 Why, if Missy was leading an excise workout, would MT call her at 5:30 in the middle of workout?
2 How did RC know there was 9 strikes and wanted to know how much blood splatter there would be?

Yes this case is very bizarre for a small town or for anywhere for that matter. Also, other cases have cooperating POI who have turned out to be the killers.
I did answer your questions I thought but they didn't go to right place. Now I know how to do it to the questions. WS keep freezing up on me and crashing so I don't know if they got posted or not. Yes I do have my opinion of who it is and like the rest of us will have to wait and see. I didn't mean to be so frank in my last post to be deleted. I'm sorry. I guess all of us are getting frustrated in no info being released when the last thing told by mpd, they fear they may strike again.

I did forget to put on my editing I use a nighttime lens with zoom.

All things I mention or say is JMO.

Its all good. We all get frustrated at times, and Lord knows we all have had posting issues mine either post or duplicate post < like a gremlin is in my sign on lol
RBBM... I am unaware of MT calling MB at 530? and who is RC and what is the 9 strikes about? I am lost on these 2 things . Thanks

"1 Why, if Missy was leading an excise workout, would MT call her at 5:30 in the middle of workout?
2 How did RC know there was 9 strikes and wanted to know how much blood splatter there would be"

PS Glad you decided to hang on with us! :loveyou:

Thx arkansasmimi and mistree for your posts about timing.

Despite this from mimi's post w timeline ---
"&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:01 A.M. &#8211; Fire Department dispatched
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:03 A.M. &#8211; Initial Patrol Officers dispatched
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:07 A.M. &#8211; Fire Department arrives at the location
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:10 A.M. &#8211; Officers arrive at the location"

and

---is it poss FD-EMTs arrived at the church parking lot before LE,
--- poss FD-EMTs waited outside church bldg?
---poss FD-EMTs only went inside bldg after LE 'cleared'?
Sorry. I recall gen discussion from waaaay back but not details of who actually went in first.
IOW maybe FD-EMTs did not/had no opportunity to contaminate crime scene, at least not inside church?

Wondering. Anyone?

I am going by the "Updated Timeline" by MPD which was updated on Friday, April 22. So for them to give these times they had to come from somewhere. AND according to the Official Press Release, and the UPDATED Press Release (both on Monday April 18, 1 at 4 and the Updated one at 4:30) They each say that FD arrived prior.

---is it poss FD-EMTs arrived at the church parking lot before LE, **yes per the Updated MPD Timeline FD 5:07/MPD Officers 5:10
--- poss FD-EMTs waited outside church bldg? **Not according to Updated MPD Official Press release
---poss FD-EMTs only went inside bldg after LE 'cleared'? **Not according to Updated Official Press release
Sorry. I recall gen discussion from waaaay back but not details of who actually went in first. ** Per Official press release, Medics
IOW maybe FD-EMTs did not/had no opportunity to contaminate crime scene, at least not inside church Unknown what they did or the first campers that went in. Giving CPR could contaminate the scene, just moving her around, touching stuff. Per SW she was deceased not breathing when the 911 calls were made.

From the Updated Official Press Release: snip: Updated Press Release 4:30pm https://www.facebook.com/1950470073...95047007358/10154073570637359/?type=3&theater
Midlothian officers arrived at the location just after the Midlothian Fire Department medics arrived on scene and the medics were attending to the unresponsive femalaes as officers entered the church. The officers observed lots of broken glass on the floor around the female and they started a search of the building to make sure there were no other individuals in the building. During the search officers found evidence of forced entry into the building indicating a possible burglary. The entire building was searched and nobody was found.

Updated Timeline:
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 3:50 A.M. &#8211; Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. &#8211; Mrs. Bevers&#8217; pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:20 A.M. &#8211; Mrs. Bevers appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building.
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:35 A.M. &#8211; Participant in Camp Gladiator arrives at location
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:00 A.M. &#8211; Two 911 calls received from location
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:01 A.M. &#8211; Fire Department dispatched
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:03 A.M. &#8211; Initial Patrol Officers dispatched
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:07 A.M. &#8211; Fire Department arrives at the location
&#8226; Monday, April 18, 2016: 5:10 A.M. &#8211; Officers arrive at the location

Case #16MP015685
Twitter: MidlothianPDYouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6jndpvRpI8fxuHJQQjwnaw[/QUOTE]

Notice how on the first three bullets it is called out that the subject ( SP,MB Truck, MB) were seen/appeared on surveillance but the following bullet referencing the CG Camper doesn't call out how the time of arrival is vetted.

But by your post, I thought CT was surely who you were describing.

Do you have someone in mind?

A lot of early signs did point toward CT. The checking of garbage, the closeness with which her husband worked with her, the timing of the trip together to Austin THAT week; the leg injury; the rest was mostly rumors (albeit a lot of rumor with consistent themes).

Interestingly, what LE identified as maybe the #1 lead (the gait and mannerisms of SP) hasn't been mentioned in months.

If you watched videos of her along with the SP video, it just doesn't seem to match. Remember, this was April 18, 2016 (there's extensive video of her walking around, MC-ing a community event, within a couple weeks of then) And she had had her 4rth child and struggled with getting the weight off (which she openly posted about). More recent pictures shows she did successfully do it, so hats off.

Who else? I've got one person I'd like to vet. If you dug extensively into her social media, there were a few rougher characters there (than you would expect).

AND. In Delphi. When LE started digging around, they ended up making dozens of arrests. Probation violations, unregistered sex offenders, the works. (they think there's a chance they may have already crossed paths with the perp.

Likewise. I think when the FBI and LE started digging around MDN, they probably found a few things they might not have been looking for. The candidate pool is probably larger and more covert than you think.

Hello!
The LinkedIn warrant listed CW i believe. It was the affidavit attached to BB's FB warrant that named KC and referred to assignations, if I remember correctly. Although in two different affidavits, there were 2 individuals named.

YES. Assignations. That's the word I couldn't pull out. Used a couple times by MPD. I like learning new words and had to look it up.

As pointed out, in its most conservative reading, there could have been 2, but I felt 3 and + was a much more natural reading of the document. Good call though that SW sometimes are aided by necessities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prosoham