TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought. Think for a minute. There was either seething rage to do this. OR it was very, very calculated. You're murdering someone. Someone well known and loved. In a smaller town. In a state with a pretty aggressive death penalty.

You must KNOW that there's not a lot to tie you to the crime. There can't be a ton of communication where LE would go, Whoa. Check that person out. They had a tiff/stand off/tussle. There's several calls between them. Friends know about it. By standers saw or heard a confrontation. There must be relatively little for SP to boldly walk into that church and do this.

Now the Delphi murders are focused on the land owner where the bodies were found. Maybe the answer is right beneath our noses.

Random thought. Think for a minute. There was either seething rage to do this. OR it was very, very calculated. You're murdering someone. Someone well known and loved. In a smaller town. In a state with a pretty aggressive death penalty.

You must KNOW that there's not a lot to tie you to the crime. There can't be a ton of communication where LE would go, Whoa. Check that person out. They had a tiff/stand off/tussle. There's several calls between them. Friends know about it. By standers saw or heard a confrontation. There must be relatively little for SP to boldly walk into that church and do this.

Now the Delphi murders are focused on the land owner where the bodies were found. Maybe the answer is right beneath our noses.
Very good point!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

A tack hammer wasn't what created the havoc in the exterior glass doors to get in though (which would be double pained and tempered glass). If so I think the Cowboys should be scouting them. It also wouldn't be an instrument that you'd necessarily mutilate someone with. And for sure not go into battle with; remember you've got a blow maybe two to incapacitate before she turns on you. Plus, how would you know the hammer was there (unless you worked there, or more far-fetched, planted it there.)

I think they came in from the beginning with a hammer large enough to take out the exterior doors and do significant damage to the person. They would have picked up anything along the way though.

I've considered that they went in just to shoot the victim and then in rage and spontaneously, grabbed the hammer (regular hammer or tack hammer) to vent with. This seems pretty planned though.

Maybe not only the burglary was staged but also "the rage". There was some rage by the perp, maybe. But the shown overdone "rage" perhaps was staged to implicate all the lovers plus their wifes plus their families. "Good idea" to distract from someone who's most important interest was/is MONEY plus a nice future.

Sorry, today I'm due with program problems ...

Want to say also: Someone maybe intentionally had punished with ONE murder as many people as possible.

BBM - I don't think these two motivations are necessarily mutually exclusive.

bbm

There is still the possibility that it is neither rage nor calculation. What is an alternative to those? Shock.

You could have a perp who has no idea they are about to come face to face with someone at 4:30 in the morning at a rural church. They've had 40 minutes of absolute nonchalance, which changes in an instant to being surprised by someone in close quarters (possibly an alcove or bathroom).

SP is caught red-handed. There's no way to talk his way out of it, so he doesn't even try.

As for MB, she is also shocked. The last thing she expects is for someone to be in that church. The quiet and calm for both parties is shattered in an instant. Out of surprise and shock they engage in a desperate struggle - desperate for the perp because there is this one person standing between him and escape. He either incapacitates her, or else he's going to jail. The perp is the only one with tools, and that is what quickly gives him the upper hand.

The tools are also the difference between life and death for MB, because if he hadn't had those tools, he likely would have just tried to hit her, knock her down and then escape past her. But instead, he has tools that create puncture wounds, and it's those wounds that bleed out in the half-hour she lies there unattended.

If the first camper arriving at 4:35 had somehow been able to see something amiss and gone inside right away, they might have been able to save her. JMHO, speculating the possibility of a stranger.

bbm

There is still the possibility that it is neither rage nor calculation. What is an alternative to those? Shock.

You could have a perp who has no idea they are about to come face to face with someone at 4:30 in the morning at a rural church. They've had 40 minutes of absolute nonchalance, which changes in an instant to being surprised by someone in close quarters (possibly an alcove or bathroom).

SP is caught red-handed. There's no way to talk his way out of it, so he doesn't even try.

As for MB, she is also shocked. The last thing she expects is for someone to be in that church. The quiet and calm for both parties is shattered in an instant. Out of surprise and shock they engage in a desperate struggle - desperate for the perp because there is this one person standing between him and escape. He either incapacitates her, or else he's going to jail. The perp is the only one with tools, and that is what quickly gives him the upper hand.

The tools are also the difference between life and death for MB, because if he hadn't had those tools, he likely would have just tried to hit her, knock her down and then escape past her. But instead, he has tools that create puncture wounds, and it's those wounds that bleed out in the half-hour she lies there unattended.

If the first camper arriving at 4:35 had somehow been able to see something amiss and gone inside right away, they might have been able to save her. JMHO, speculating the possibility of a stranger.

Exactly right.

I'll add that in my view, murder was the aberration -- BUT, the break-in, prowler-in-costume thing is the habit. SP has done this before and the shock of the murder might stymie SP for a while but he'll be back to his compulsions soon.

He may be a pure police impersonator type - a google search reveals plenty of examples of people who do this type of thing for years. They build up their accessories, cover stories, network over time. Impersonating a police officer can be great cover for for all sorts nefarious activities- prowling, B&E, burglary are just a few of them.

Or - He may be evolving in disguises and police officer is the step between bunny rabbit costume and a clown.

bbm

I have been saying this all along. He was there to rob the Sunday offerings and make cops look bad.

Good afternoon! Lurker here. I read from the beginning starting with thread #1, a few months ago. I would like to re-read from the beginning. Can someone link me back to the 1st thread? I'm having a hard time finding it on the Tapatalk app. TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good afternoon! Lurker here. I read from the beginning starting with thread #1, a few months ago. I would like to re-read from the beginning. Can someone link me back to the 1st thread? I'm having a hard time finding it on the Tapatalk app. TIA!

Go to the first page of this thread. The far left arrow at the top will take you there. The first thread link is there.

Welcome to Websleuths, melodieallen!
142.gif

Maybe not only the burglary was staged but also "the rage". There was some rage by the perp, maybe. But the shown overdone "rage" perhaps was staged to implicate all the lovers plus their wifes plus their families. "Good idea" to distract from someone who's most important interest was/is MONEY plus a nice future.

Thinking out loud here.. Burglars usually don't take 40+ minutes to find loot. They usually have a duffle bag or pillow case to carry the loot away. They don't needlessly break extra windows out for the heck of it. They usually dress to run like the wind if they have to. They would come earlier than 3:50 a.m. to not run into the janitor, especially if they are going to take that long to rummage though the closets and rooms.

So if it WAS a burglary in process, to "stage the rage" like a jealous- revenge type motive, they would have to know MB's alleged past.

I just can't buy into the burglary theme. There isn't a shred of evidence that lends towards that motive, IMO.

Hard to believe it's been nearly a year. The silence is telling me the MPD knows who they are (since I believe there is more than one monster involved.)

R.I.P. Missy Bevers.

Thinking out loud here.. Burglars usually don't take 40+ minutes to find loot. They usually have a duffle bag or pillow case to carry the loot away. They don't needlessly break extra windows out for the heck of it. They usually dress to run like the wind if they have to. They would come earlier than 3:50 a.m. to not run into the janitor, especially if they are going to take that long to rummage though the closets and rooms.

So if it WAS a burglary in process, to "stage the rage" like a jealous- revenge type motive, they would have to know MB's alleged past.

I just can't buy into the burglary theme. There isn't a shred of evidence that lends towards that motive, IMO.

Hard to believe it's been nearly a year. The silence is telling me the MPD knows who they are (since I believe there is more than one monster involved.)

R.I.P. Missy Bevers.

Overdressed. Overthinking. Overtime. Overreaction Overkill.

But I'd still rank it #5 or so (1%).

R.I.P. Missy Bevers.

Agree. My theory at this point is the murder was revenge based by a seething, jealous female who felt betrayed and took it out on MB. There were accomplices involved. They were probably local and some possibly left the area in the months after the murder. There were possibly social media postings after the murder that seemed benign but were big clues. The murder team possibly celebrated the evening of the murder and were not sad but rather gleeful which was possibly another big clue. My theory is hypothetical but plausible imho. I could be very wrong.

R.I.P. Missy Bevers.

Agree and he/she was dressed like a cop. He/she had the upper hand to get the hell outta dodge bumping into her if it wasn't planned. How is she to know it's a fake uniform at first glance?

I don't agree with the perp wanting to steal an offering. A very high volume of giving is done online now, and lots of churches will do their deposits on Sunday's after services are over. Of course, there are those who don't even count it until Monday and that could be the case with this church. I just don't think you go to the extremes the perp did all for maybe $5K cash and that's on the high end of my speculation. I don't think this church had a ton of cash given each week. This was a rage attack and a brutal, personal crime IMO. I will eat crow if I'm wrong, but the more time goes on the more I feel that's the case. I still think they know who, but have to get all the pieces in order. Sad that it's almost a year later and no arrest. I don't think it's related to CG, because if it was I feel like other trainers would be fearful and afraid to host their 430a-5a camps. AGAIN MOO.

I don't agree with the perp wanting to steal an offering. A very high volume of giving is done online now, and lots of churches will do their deposits on Sunday's after services are over. Of course, there are those who don't even count it until Monday and that could be the case with this church. I just don't think you go to the extremes the perp did all for maybe $5K cash and that's on the high end of my speculation. I don't think this church had a ton of cash given each week. This was a rage attack and a brutal, personal crime IMO. I will eat crow if I'm wrong, but the more time goes on the more I feel that's the case. I still think they know who, but have to get all the pieces in order. Sad that it's almost a year later and no arrest. I don't think it's related to CG, because if it was I feel like other trainers would be fearful and afraid to host their 430a-5a camps. AGAIN MOO.

Good point on the CG comment. I think you are safe on the crow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree! If it was a burglary, I think we would be hearing more from LE and the family. The police aren't talking for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member