TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get a vote among us? Who now believes the murder was an untargeted attack?

My vote would be targeted. So many things going on in Missy's personal life that can not be excluded. I can understand why BB wants to think it was untargeted so his girls wont be frightened and move on as best that they can but if my husband was killed I would be looking over my back until the person was brought to justice. There is no guarantee for personal safety until the case is solved. JMO

Cannonball, what are your thoughts about this statement? Thank God, most of us have never faced this decision. But, how do you decide that a free killer is no existing threat to your children? I don't know if I could just turn my back on that.
If I remember correctly, from day one, BB did not consider that there was any threat to any member of his family following this strange murder. I continue to find this...for the sake of TOS... odd.

I hope you're wrong, but really don't have anything to point at that would disagree with you.

I've notice, and mentioned, that from where we sit, there is literally nothing we have discovered to narrow down the possibilities. It's almost anyone we want to imagine, with any motive we want to prefer, and almost any description.

Almost all we have is
* a person - don't know sex, height, skin color, hair color, eye color, age, or anything to distinguish -
* who was able to be at CCoC about 4:30 am that day.
* coulda lived almost anywhere, and even a long ways away given the ability to come and go by major highway.
* as far as we know, no prints of any kind, no physical evidence left behind (that we know of), just a busted in door and some windows.
* maybe or maybe not a connection to MB,
* maybe or maybe not an intent to kill (rather than there for another purpose),
* maybe or maybe not driving some sort of dark SUV (which narrows it to a million or more possibilities, I would guess)
* we do know it is someone who intended to wear a disguise, and was there on purpose, which coulda been anyone I guess

Frustrating, but really nothing definitive at all.

Sure. Agree with all of that. But what does your gut tell you? Targeted or no?

I have no clue, but if I have to pick one, I vote not targeted, just "wrong place wrong time." I felt different early in the investigation (as almost everyone did, I suspect), but the inability to identify SP in any way whatsoever or even get any semblance of a workable clue from video and church and area makes me favor being random. But that's based on literally nothing, just my personal random whims, which mean nothing because there's nothing to base them on. If they eventually catch SP, neither would really surprise me, as we have nothing to support any possibility nor conflict with any.

My gut screams a personal attack! The sp(s) knew Missy would be alone. The sp prepared the scene to throw LE off their personal reason for the crime and Missy suffered an awful fate. Punctured wounds to the head and chest, how much more personal can you get? Why not strangulation or stabbing? Why play dress up in the middle of the night in an empty, dark and lonely church? Just my thoughts........

I believe 100% Missy was killed intentionally, and I believe BB knows or has strong suspicions about who did it. I'm not saying he had anything to do with it - just that I think he knows who did.

"The children are not terribly fond of apprehending this person." Really? REALLY? They'd rather live every day not knowing and worrying if they could be next? There's no way.

Can we get a vote among us? Who now believes the murder was an untargeted attack?

It could be either targeted or random. Right now I'm leaning toward the killer being there for another reason (vandalism?) and Missy shows up - that is, untargeted. The SP may have not even intended to kill her but rather to incapacitate her so he could leave without her getting something like a license plate or calling 911. But then anything is still on the table at this point.

My gut screams a personal attack! The sp(s) knew Missy would be alone. The sp prepared the scene to throw LE off their personal reason for the crime and Missy suffered an awful fate. Punctured wounds to the head and chest, how much more personal can you get? Why not strangulation or stabbing? Why play dress up in the middle of the night in an empty, dark and lonely church? Just my thoughts........

Have to agree with your guess and well-articulated.

To poster that thought SP was in the church for hours, IIRC they saw the SP car pull in within an hour or two of 4:20 arrival date of MB. And toward the former.

Hanging out in an empty church for any length of time and not take a nap, not getting something to eat, not taking anything defies logic. They looked like they were A staging a scene and B lying in wait.

RE that no evidence whatsoever was left and we're 1 1/2 years out makes me lean toward a very well planned and executed scheme. Wrong place wrong time is still on the table but defy tremendous odds given the time tables and odds of what ended up transpiring.

And who runs around in full swat gear, helmet at 4 in the morning. That would certainly stand out. My GUESS is targeted.

How can it be random to go to a church at 4am and wait for someone to show up so you can beat them with a hammer, I see an angry older out of shape man pacing around waiting to release everything on MB when she shows up. The one thing that sticks out to me about this case besides the video is the MIL being so angry at MB for not being careful, can't find the video anymore at CBS 11 Dallas, but it was shocking.

My vote would be targeted. So many things going on in Missy's personal life that can not be excluded. I can understand why BB wants to think it was untargeted so his girls wont be frightened and move on as best that they can but if my husband was killed I would be looking over my back until the person was brought to justice. There is no guarantee for personal safety until the case is solved. JMO

RE: ^ "There is no guarantee for personal safety until the case is solved."
Disagreeing (not meaning to be disagreeable)
Imo even if this SP were arrested, tried, & convicted this week, there is no guarantee of pers safety.
Not for BB, not for the poor little daughters, not for their friends, neighbors, etc. For you or others in OR or me in my state.
There is always "a killer out there' ... in Midlo or someplace. And likely, imo, multiple killers and multiple places thru-out US.
^ All JMO.

ETA:
RE: Targeted or not? IDK.

How can it be random to go to a church at 4am and wait for someone to show up so you can beat them with a hammer, I see an angry older out of shape man pacing around waiting to release everything on MB when she shows up. The one thing that sticks out to me about this case besides the video is the MIL being so angry at MB for not being careful, can't find the video anymore at CBS 11 Dallas, but it was shocking.

I’m going to play devils advocate on MIL being angry at MB.....my mom passed away several years ago. It wasn’t suicide but she knew she was doing something that was killing her and wouldn’t get help. She drank herself into liver failure because she was depressed over my stepdads death. I love my mom with all my being. We didn’t have a bad relationship. She wasn’t a drunk my whole life. She was depressed and tried to drink her pain away. But, I have anger. I’m angry at her because of the choices she made. I’m angry she didn’t get help. I miss her every day but the anger takes over more. I can’t explain it but I can see how “MIL” might be angry. She loved MB but she’s angry because different choices might have resulted in different results. This is JMO.

In saying all of that, I have NOT ruled out family involvement from anyone.....

IMO, anything I say is JMO
—————————————-
RIP Lisa Harvey ❤️ http://www.news-ridgecrest.com/news/story.pl?id=0000007796

Put me down for not targeted but rather the "lucky" bungler. My main reason.. they left signs of destruction, doors open, etc in lit hallways visible from various entrances. If Missy had seen that and not entered, what would they have done, run outside and kill her as she phoned 911? Run away as she watched? Throw in the video security system, and the knowledge that Missy's class members are for certain coming which, in my opinion, would make that one of the dumbest plans ever. Why cause all the destruction on video in the first place? If your plan goes wrong, there is no plan B, the cops are onto you even if they don't know who you are. Did Missy's class usually workout outside because if so, that meant the killer's entire plan hinged not only on having all the gear, the plan, etc but also the rain to drive her inside.

I’m going to play devils advocate on MIL being angry at MB.....my mom passed away several years ago. It wasn’t suicide but she knew she was doing something that was killing her and wouldn’t get help. She drank herself into liver failure because she was depressed over my stepdads death. I love my mom with all my being. We didn’t have a bad relationship. She wasn’t a drunk my whole life. She was depressed and tried to drink her pain away. But, I have anger. I’m angry at her because of the choices she made. I’m angry she didn’t get help. I miss her every day but the anger takes over more. I can’t explain it but I can see how “MIL” might be angry. She loved MB but she’s angry because different choices might have resulted in different results. This is JMO.

In saying all of that, I have NOT ruled out family involvement from anyone.....

IMO, anything I say is JMO
—————————————-
RIP Lisa Harvey ❤️ http://www.news-ridgecrest.com/news/story.pl?id=0000007796

I agree with you on why she was likely angry. I also think it supports that her belief(at least at the time) that this was targeted.

In responding to the poll question, I absolutely believe this was targeted. I haven't followed this case as closely as many of you(at least on WS and FB groups, etc.) but it would be a pretty big coincidence for this to have been untargeted. I think BB is likely putting words in his kids mouths, or has planted the idea in their head that finding the killer would make their lives even worse. I can't imagine they will feel that way as adults even if they claim to feel that way now.

I've never heard of a single soul who wouldn't want their loved ones killer identified and brought to justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ^ "There is no guarantee for personal safety until the case is solved."
Disagreeing (not meaning to be disagreeable)
Imo even if this SP were arrested, tried, & convicted this week, there is no guarantee of pers safety.
Not for BB, not for the poor little daughters, not for their friends, neighbors, etc. For you or others in OR or me in my state.
There is always "a killer out there' ... in Midlo or someplace. And likely, imo, multiple killers and multiple places thru-out US.
^ All JMO.

ETA:
RE: Targeted or not? IDK.
"
I agree with you. In regards to my sentence, " There is no guarantee for personal safety until the case is solved. " is referring to the LE corruption in that area. Yes, most places have some type of scandal but Ellis County is very corrupt and I would check my back several times if I lived in that area. JMO

"
I agree with you. In regards to my sentence, " There is no guarantee for personal safety until the case is solved. " is referring to the LE corruption in that area. Yes, most places have some type of scandal but Ellis County is very corrupt and I would check my back several times if I lived in that area. JMO

Thx for ^ clarification.

I think this was more than likely a targeted hit. Now, who would pay for this and why? I do think it has to do with affairs and not money. There was opportunity and motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horusthetortoise