TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because they interview someone doesn't mean they have probable cause, which is the legal standard required to obtain a search warrant or arrest warrant. Police can interview anyone they believe might have useful information. Of course, anyone can refuse to speak to the police. If the police are asking questions and have reason to believe that the person's answer might incriminate them, then they are required to read the person their Miranda rights.

If the authorities believed it might be helpful to search a person's car or house, they might first ask permission. This happens all the time with traffic stops---the police ask, "Do you mind if I look in the trunk?" Etc. etc. It is not uncommon at all for guilty perps with drugs in the trunk to give permission for the police to search. It also should be noted that the standard required to search a car is lower than to search a house.

Lol. Trust me, I know by questioning someone doesn't have to be arrested. I obviously did not ask my question correctly. I should have rephrased the question better. I meant more if the search warrants were executed, is the judge obligated by Texas Law to even acknowledge they are there, but have been sealed?

Usually search warrants are executed on immediately because time is always of the essence.

I agree, but sometimes a homeowner is out of town or something and for some reason a warrant can't be executed immediately.

Lol. Trust me, I know by questioning someone doesn't have to be arrested. I obviously did not ask my question correctly. I should have rephrased the question better. I meant more if the search warrants were executed, is the judge obligated by Texas Law to even acknowledge they are there, but have been sealed?

We have some people here who appear to have pretty good knowledge of the law. Maybe they will give us an answer.

First, LE will 'interview' someone multiple times when there are inconsistencies that need to be cleared up, as in things that were stated to LE turned out to be false or if new information is revealed and LE wants to corroborate it with the interviewee. Second, for a search warrant to be issued, LE has to prove to the Judge that there is probable cause for the search and what types of items they are looking for. (Note: they will list some very small things too so they can open drawers and such). Third, if there was a search warrant, it may have not have been released to the public because it's release may jeopardize the investigation. But, most importantly, if any house/apartment in the community had been subjected to a search, people would be talking about seeing LE at So-and-So's place. Are they?

this is like a tutorial lol.

Bumping this up for Breck80 or any other local tuning in tonight...

I've been wondering if any area bodies of water have been searched for the SWAT gear. There are several within 3-5 miles of the church. In the event that this perp at about 4:30 AM walked/jogged/biked away from the broken window end of the church after the murder, there are two bodies of water directly north of church where he could conceivably have pitched a rock-weighted bag of SWAT clothes. This Bing map for some reason shows the Creekside Church on Hwy 287 as being under construction (!) dating it to roughly about 2007, but the old off-road trails are visible, leading up to the bodies of water at the top of the map.

*On this map, the church is actually down from point "A" a bit, near the bottom of the map:

View attachment 93607

Have any locals noticed searches in the rural area around the church, or in the ponds and creeks?

Just because they interview someone doesn't mean they have probable cause, which is the legal standard required to obtain a search warrant or arrest warrant. Police can interview anyone they believe might have useful information. Of course, anyone can refuse to speak to the police. If the police are asking questions and have reason to believe that the person's answer might incriminate them, then they are required to read the person their Miranda rights.

If the authorities believed it might be helpful to search a person's car or house, they might first ask permission. This happens all the time with traffic stops---the police ask, "Do you mind if I look in the trunk?" Etc. etc. It is not uncommon at all for guilty perps with drugs in the trunk to give permission for the police to search. It also should be noted that the standard required to search a car is lower than to search a house.

Bill, no one has to be Mirandized to be interviewed, this only becomes an issue if the interviewee is a suspect (named or not) or, of course, is arrested. And, as you know, a search based on permission is sketchy at best. With a vehicle, the 'plain view doctrine' may apply but even with permission, LE will obtain a warrant while waiting in the house, or standing at the vehicle, to be searched just to avoid the fruit of the tainted tree argument.

i can't wait to hear who was interviewed at length on multiple occasions.

Does anyone know if there is anyone in the tower at the airport all night or just during day?

Oh and if the homeowner is out of town, it won't stop a search with a warrant. LE will simply force entry, do their job, leave a 'note' and seal the point of entry.

Does anyone know if there is anyone in the tower at the airport all night or just during day?

Murray - are you thinking there is a rich person who owns, or chartered, a private plane to fly in, kill Missy, and fly out again?

Did anyone here really think it was a woman BEFORE someone said 'it could be a woman''?
I'll fess up. I saw the posts about possible woman before I watched the videos. And I thought, "*curses* I wish I hadn't read that because now I'm not objective!" But yeah I've been one of those people who have thought it's a woman. Mr flourish disagreed, and I had him watch it "blind," so take that for what it may or may not be worth. I'm not married to the idea of it being a woman, it just was what my assessment was, and as the days pass, I'm not so sure of much of anything about this one.

Those look like tow straps to me. I don't see any tires in this photo.

Those are the fire hoses she used at her CG camp. Lots of photos on her FB. This one is at the Creekside Church camp for sure, because they also took a group photo up beside the building near the Covered drive/ awning.
Campers working out with fire hose Missy Bevers CG crosscreek 500am campers 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500