TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you watch the perp video closely, she/he doesn't always walk like that. When she/he is walking away from the door she/he couldn't open, her/his feet look almost normal again. Very weird.
It's on the long video at around 1:05. I'll link again if asked. :)

Yes, and our family member's gait is more pronounced some times than others. But the point is, it's the stride, not the standing position that's being looked at. That is 'gait.'

Jumping in to add a few thoughts. I don't think any of this has been covered, but this thread moves fast!

Over the weekend I visited a friend in Texas who has a screening room (she is also interested in the case, lives in the area). We watched the surveillance videos on a 100"+ screen, and things definitely looked clearer... clearer view of the tools, of the feet, etc. Interestingly, our husbands (who know nothing about the case) watched the videos with us and had some interesting insight. My husband, upon seeing the first tool that looks like a pickaxe said, "oh, he shot her and used that to get the bullet out." I told him that there was speculation that she had been bludgeoned, and told him my guess was that she had been bludgeoned first (to take her down- a head trauma is not always fatal) and then shot to kill. He vehemently disagreed, and felt strongly that my order of the trauma was backwards. After thinking for a few minutes, it made more sense to me. Something that has bothered me from day one is that she was pronounced on scene. I cannot emphasize enough how rare this is in Texas, especially in the case of someone as young and fit as Missy, and especially after only being down MAX 40 minutes. Rigor mortis would not have set in. She would have been cool but not cold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_on_arrival

Injuries incompatible with life are generally the only traumatic cases that get called on scene (I'll let you read on your own what those entail). A gunshot wound to the head is NOT an injury incompatible with life. A blow or blows to the head is NOT an injury incompatible with life. A large open wound with loss of brain matter would be considered incompatible with life (say, if someone used a tool to dig out a bullet-sorry for being graphic). Why would retrieving a bullet be so important in this instance? Maybe because of a stolen gun?

Respectfully snipped.

Thank you for sharing the link....very interesting! I am still chewing on your husband's theory. It makes sense to me honestly.....but it also scares me for the community of Midlo.

BTW, I'm going to go ask the hubs about installing a screening room in our house this weekend. ;) I've just decided it's a must for my sleuthing hobby. Ha! He's going to think I'm crazy. I bet it was so much easier to see everything though! Did you happen to see what the white object was in the perp's left hand at the end of the footage?

Originally Posted by JLSChook View Post
I don't care what anyone says, this warrant info was released today for some reason. LE is putting pressure on "someone".

We just don't know who that is yet.

I was just discussing this with my sleuthy daughter, and she said this numerous times. LE is putting pressure on someone by releasing that warrant.

Search warrant was filed today April 27, 2016. I not familiar with Texas records laws. Having said that, FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) most likely done... Having someone checking at the courthouse for documents filed in the case... is why the media got a hold of it. JMHO. Since it wasn't something the LEO had a press conf for..

Jumping in to add a few thoughts. I don't think any of this has been covered, but this thread moves fast!

Over the weekend I visited a friend in Texas who has a screening room (she is also interested in the case, lives in the area). We watched the surveillance videos on a 100"+ screen, and things definitely looked clearer... clearer view of the tools, of the feet, etc. Interestingly, our husbands (who know nothing about the case) watched the videos with us and had some interesting insight. My husband, upon seeing the first tool that looks like a pickaxe said, "oh, he shot her and used that to get the bullet out." I told him that there was speculation that she had been bludgeoned, and told him my guess was that she had been bludgeoned first (to take her down- a head trauma is not always fatal) and then shot to kill. He vehemently disagreed, and felt strongly that my order of the trauma was backwards. After thinking for a few minutes, it made more sense to me. Something that has bothered me from day one is that she was pronounced on scene. I cannot emphasize enough how rare this is in Texas, especially in the case of someone as young and fit as Missy, and especially after only being down MAX 40 minutes. Rigor mortis would not have set in. She would have been cool but not cold.

Injuries incompatible with life are generally the only traumatic cases that get called on scene (I'll let you read on your own what those entail). A gunshot wound to the head is NOT an injury incompatible with life. A blow or blows to the head is NOT an injury incompatible with life. A large open wound with loss of brain matter would be considered incompatible with life (say, if someone used a tool to dig out a bullet-sorry for being graphic). Why would retrieving a bullet be so important in this instance? Maybe because of a stolen gun?

A recent arrest in Midlothian definitely warrants a closer look (note that the Texas Rangers are also involved in this case):

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/new...-for-stealing-pawning-guns-from-evidence-room

Now this fine law abiding citizen and honorable LEO isn't our perp, he was safely locked up in jail at the time of the murder. Another article mentioned that 17 other guns were found in his trailer, along with steroids (still looking for that link). Hmmmmm...

I recall LE matching bullets from the scene to weapons as evidence, but how horrible an act. This is either hate or a person who is accustomed to being around dead bodies. Maybe even a deer hunter.

It's the first "banner" in the link at the very top, its been reduced to a banner type of video, you just click on it and then put it to full screen.

A recent arrest in Midlothian definitely warrants a closer look (note that the Texas Rangers are also involved in this case):

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/new...-for-stealing-pawning-guns-from-evidence-room

Now this fine law abiding citizen and honorable LEO isn't our perp, he was safely locked up in jail at the time of the murder. Another article mentioned that 17 other guns were found in his trailer, along with steroids (still looking for that link). Hmmmmm...

I completely agree with all that you have said but I have a feeling if their was a bullet they may have found it and traced it to a missing gun. jMO

Respectfully snipped.

Thank you for sharing the link....very interesting! I am still chewing on your husband's theory. It makes sense to me honestly.....but it also scares me for the community of Midlo.

BTW, I'm going to go ask the hubs about installing a screening room in our house this weekend. ;) I've just decided it's a must for my sleuthing hobby. Ha! He's going to think I'm crazy. I bet it was so much easier to see everything though! Did you happen to see what the white object was in the perp's left hand at the end of the footage?

pulling the bullet would be to avoid getting caught with the gun, escpecially if you had to return the gun, so that is a very good theory, they would still know a gun was involved though I guess cause of powder residue

pulling the bullet would be to avoid getting caught with the gun, escpecially if you had to return the gun, so that is a very good theory, they would still know a gun was involved though I guess cause of powder residue

Do you know if that would be a good enough reason for ATF to be involved?

Beach said she will be glad to make you a media thread first thing in the morning.

Thank you Miss Beach!

MODS.... can we get a thread just for Media stuff :lookingitup: . So we can refer back to. I was wanting to post the pictures of the church that we have all came across. As we know soon this will be rocking fast and be lost when we want to refer back. THANK YOU Muches :loveyou:

Playing catch up, sorry if already asked. What's the deal with all of the barely scribbled out stuff in the warrant at bottom of the link??

I wondered the same thing so I did some sleuthing to see what was under there and it's word for word what is typed at the bottom of the warrant so I figured it was just mistakenly put there and then crossed out?! But I don't know for sure.:waitasec:

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishInquisition View Post
There was some reason this was released. In the Mansion Murders case that happened months ago and there's a suspect charged, there's still warrants under seal due to the ongoing investigation for co-conspirators:
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/132998568-story
If LE didn't want this out there, it would have stayed sealed due to the ongoing investigation.

The search warrant was probably released because the shirt doesn't have anything to do with this crime. JMO

Respectfully BBM... 1) I have not read that anything is sealed in this particular case, if so then JMHO this could not have been released no matter FOIA (depending on the TX records laws once something is filed) also no suspect named or even a POI in this case.

2) was just filed today, so they are going about investigating all things, as they should. What LEO doesnt want is something like this that got reported -within time frame and didnt look into it. (imagine they didn't do this and media got wind of it.. or down the line a Def Attorney did.. covering all bases thats what LEO suppose to do)

3) I believe it was stated that they have documentation from a vet? and I would think there would also be some other witnesses of the dog fight. That would give LEO a little leeway on thinking had nothing to do with the murder crime, but again they HAVE to do that.

Respectfully snipped.

There is some interesting video on UTUBE that show both objects in hands.

Would anyone else describe the right leg of the murderer as stiff and not bending the knee much?

Channel 8 just showed the dog suspected of murdering the little dog responsible for the blood splattered blouse.

so it is a possibility that the perp took out the bullet out of the wound?.......don't want to ask anymore because that is one messed up freak

Good points on pronouncing dead at the scene. If no signs of life were present at all, leaving her in the crime scene allows everything to stay in situ (big word for me lol). Once moved that scene would have been forever changed. Her remaining at the scene gave investigators the best chance at collecting the forensic evidence needed to help solve her case.

Beach said she will be glad to make you a media thread first thing in the morning.

Thank you Miss Beach!

Thank you Tricia, Miss Beach and the rest of the mods for all you do for us! I know we can be a little high maintenance at times. :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haororg