Found Deceased TX - Tierra Adams, 25, pregnant, Harris County, 29 Jan 2008 *Arrest*

He claims he is not her boyfriend and he just wanted her out of his house because of her drug use.

Even if that turns out to be true, it doesn't make it right for him to leave a 9 months pregnant woman sitting on the side of the road at 1 AM. What a jerk, even if he didn't hurt/kill her. What do you think about him SewingDeb? I'm curious because I feel I've grown jaded in these types of cases.

He claims he is not her boyfriend and he just wanted her out of his house because of her drug use.

I wonder what her family would have to say about that statement! If he wasn't her boyfriend then LE better get busy looking for the father that didn't want to pay child support. Maybe he happened by after this non-father dumped her in the country!

Two days after Adams' body was recovered, investigators searched Roberts' home. Blood splatters and other unspecified evidence were recovered, which investigators believe may have been the site of the killing.
In addition, McRae said a witness has come forward who has placed the boyfriend at the burial site.
"Roberts' photo was picked from a lineup," McRae said.
The witness, whom authorities would not name, was driving when he spotted Roberts using a shovel to dig out a small dark passenger car that was stuck in the muddy field by the grave "about a month ago or so ago," McRae said.
http://tinyurl.com/243udb

Interesting that even though she has been missing for two months, the body was estimated to have been buried four to six weeks, and the witness puts the suspect there "about a month" ago. Could be close, but makes me wonder if he kept her alive for awhile, or moved her body later.

What a shame they couldn't come up with probable cause to search his home sooner.

Susan

( Suspect is still missing...somebody knows where he is and they need to start talking!)

Isn't the blood all over his home enough to arrest him? This stuff just makes me sick and so angry. There have been so many pregnant women murdered by husbands or boyfriends. I'm glad that this young girl was found and her parents can bury her and that they now know what happened to her and her little baby. I just hope that they nail that boyfriend...that wasn't really her boyfriend!!! What a creep.

These creeps don't have to stay with the mothers of their children but they should at least be man enough to support their children. After all, the women didn't get pregnant by themselves!!! Worthless excuses of human beings.

We have new information in the Tierra Adams murder investigation. Walker County sheriff's investigators tell us they now have what may be a key piece of evidence.
The key piece of evidence is a small black car. Investigators found it somewhere in the Houston area. They hope to match it to tire tracks found in the mud near shallow grave where Adams' body was found partially buried.
Late Tuesday afternoon, Walker County Sheriff Clint McRae told me investigators now have the vehicle which may have been used to dump Adams' body in a shallow grave in northern Walker County.
Sheriff McRae told us, "We have located a vehicle fitting the description of the vehicle that was observed in close proximity to the scene by a passing motorist."

Investigators are also working on plans for a photo lineup to see if that passing motorist could place the driver of that vehicle near the scene of the crime. While a warrant has not been issued for his arrest, Neriah Roberts remains the prime suspect in the case.
While Adams and Roberts lived together in north Harris County as boyfriend and girlfriend, we've learned Adams was not the only woman in Roberts' life. Sources tell us he had another girlfriend, a woman from Ghana who was in this country illegally. They were together for about a year.
While police are not calling her a suspect in the Adams case, they believe she may know something about what happened. The problem is she did not cooperate with authorities when they questioned her and was turned over to the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement for deportation to Africa.
Sheriff's investigators also tell us they traced a phone call made from Roberts' cell phone to a tower that wasn't far from her body.

Roberts hasn't been seen or heard from in weeks.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6055566

November 2011

A grieving family said it received some closure after burying a 25-year-old mother-to-be on Saturday, more than three years after her murder.

Tierra Adams body stayed in a morgue, along with her child s remains, as both were held as evidence since February of 2008.
The 25-year-old woman was just days away from giving birth when she disappeared.

At the time, her boyfriend told police they had gotten into an argument, and he had last seen her when he kicked her out of his car along Highway 249. Just weeks after her mom reached out for help, Adams body was found in a shallow grave near Huntsville.

The boyfriend, Neriah Roberts, was charged with two counts of capital murder. He fled the country and remains on the run today.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/18/11551354/

That is the most recent thing I can find... I don't see any follow up at all.

Man Arrested for Murder After Seven Years on the Run
Fri 10:47 PM, Jun 26, 2015

snip
Neriah Roberts was arrested and booked into the Walker County jail Thursday, charged with killing his pregnant girlfriend.

Walker County Detective, John Pugh, says, "Our department and the Rangers got with the federal agencies and the federal agencies were able to track him down over in Venezuela and that's how he was brought back over here."

The Adams Family Crime Victim Advocate, Andy Kahan, says the family was thrilled when finding out Roberts had been arrested.

"You could literally almost hear the screaming and crying and joyous ecstasy over the phone. They were absolutely stunned and just thrilled at the fact they are finally going to be able to get a chance to seek justice for Tierra," says Kahan.

Based on this article (in Spanish, google translated below) about his arrest posted Sept 1, 2014 at 12:01 AM it looks like he's been in custody for a while in Venezuela.

The earliest article that I could find mentioning he went to Venezuela is from 2012 but it seems likely to me that LE knew this long before then. I'm curious if Venezuela refused to track him down for some part of the last 7 years or if they just couldn't find him. Found another article with a quote from the DA who says that Venezuela usually won't extradite fugitives. Though Wikipedia shows that the US and Venezuela do have an extradition treaty it appears the less then stellar diplomatic relations between the two countries means that the treaty hasn't been honored consistently. I was curious if Chavez's death a couple years ago led to improved relations and somehow led to his arrest but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The way the below translation (bbm) alludes to bank records, tax records (SENIAT), his job and him moving to Margarita Island in 2008 only increases my speculation that he could have been found earlier but perhaps he was living under a false name or in some other way avoiding detection.

Google spits out this somewhat rough translation for the article:

"He killed his wife in Texas and fled to Venezuela
The Dominican Neriah Roberts was arrested in Porlamar. He was placed on card records and Seniat

CICPC agents arrested a Dominican Margarita requested by the United States for the murder of his wife occurred in Texas.

Neriah Roberts , 35 years old , was wanted by Interpol since March 2009 for the murder of his spouse Earth Adams, occurred in February last year.

The dead woman was found in a grave in Huntsville , Texas. The American press reported several requests for information to the disappearance of the woman eight months pregnant .

Roberts allegedly buried the body of Adams. When his vehicle left the place and a man stuck him assistance . Police started this witness .

Since 2008, Roberts moved to Margarita. He worked in a local assembly security cameras. Bank records and locate SENIAT allowed."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back