TX TX - TJ Murray, 24, Huntsville, 19 Oct 2011

In almost 11 years there have only been 4 sets of remains ruled out. That's incredibly sad. I just made a list of all unidentified remains within a 3 hour radius of here and I want to submit it. I have no idea if I should send it to NamUs or the detective with the MoCo Sheriffs office. I've already submitted one MONTHS ago but haven't seen it updated to the comparison list and I have not heard from anyone about it.
I stumbled upon the name Rodney Aaron Stokley Jr. today and it reminded me of TJ. He went missing from Cleveland, TX in 2008.

"On January 22, 2008, 19-year-old Rodney Stokley, was picked up by a friend to go to a birthday party at the Brookhollow Apartments in the 800 block of Charles Barker Road in Cleveland. He is listed through Texas DPS as a runaway.

According to Rodney’s friend, there was an argument between a couple at the party and Rodney said he was going to leave. Rodney started walking down FM 1010 and began making phone calls, then his cell phone went dead. Rodney has never been seen again."

Link to quote: search continues for clues to body found
The article lists multiple people missing from the area, which isn't far from where TJ went missing. Not sure if any of this information is helpful or new to you, but thought I would share. Keep up the good fight!

TJ Murray went missing on 10/19/2011. This October, 2024, TJ will have been missing for 13 years.

TJ was born on 11/23/87. In November, 2024, TJ would be 37 years old. He was 23 years old when he went missing.

I followed this case closely and I hope and pray that one day his remains are found and he could have a celebration of life service.

I paid to have 100 posters printed and I posted them in the following Texas counties:
Washington County, Waller County, Montgomery County, Grimes County and Austin County. TJ's cousin sent me a copy, via e-mail. of the poster the family designed.

I was in touch with TJ's cousin who was representing the family at one time. I offered to arrange for TJ to have a donated billboard placed on I-45 North --- north of The Woodlands. TJ's cousin consulted TJ's parents and they were most appreciative of the offer.

The billboard sign company has corporate headquarters in Louisiana and they have a branch office in College Station, TX. Corporate headquarters approved my request and referred me to the College Station office.

The College Station office personnel were amazing! They were so nice and told me to have TJ's cousin contact them. The manager told me to give TJ's cousin his name and phone number and he would be honored to work with TJ's family in designing a billboard for TJ.

It was erected and the company made the commitment that it would stay in place until TJ Murray was found. I do not know how many years in stayed in place. Eventually it was taken down with the family's approval. Everyone had hopes that TJ Murray would be found. Unfortunately, as of today, April 1, 2024, TJ has not been found. It is heartbreaking.

This is the billboard sign. It was on I-45 North between The Woodlands and Willis/New Waverly, TX area.

In another post, I will post a close up of the billboard design.

TJ Murray . . . gone but never, ever forgotten. I pray that he is brought home to his family one day. I think of TJ often.

1711957769682.png

Last edited:
This is a close up of the billboard design that TJ Murray's family and the billboard sign company in College Station, Texas designed. It was erected on I-45 North between The Woodlands, TX and Willis/New Waverly, TX area.

1711959035600.png

Last edited:
This is a screen shot of the reward poster. I had 100 of these printed at a KWIK copy business. They did a beautiful job of printing this poster. Really nice!

Besides me, there were many others, including TJ's friends, who printed posters and posted them in various areas/towns/cities.

1711959664609.png

On November 23, 2022, TJ Murray's family posted (on Facebook) a picture of the tombstone for TJ Murray located in a cemetery. It was TJ's 35th birthday.

TJ Murray has not been found but his family had this beautiful tombstone erected. You can see the reflection of whomever took this pic. Please disregard.

November 23, 1987 is TJ's birth date.

Source: Facebook - Bring TJ Murray Home Safe

1711960936454.png

Last edited:
Somebody knows what happened to TJ Murray when he went missing on October 19, 2011.

1711962873215.png

Please do the right thing and contact the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, Texas - Homicide and Violent Crimes at (936) 760-5876.

The general number is (936)760-5800.

Montgomery County Sheriff's Office - Texas:

Last edited:
In loving memory of TJ Murray . . .
may you be found soon and returned to your loving family.

1711966091955.png

This is a Link to a YouTube video of Fadi Rizk, cold case Detective with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office - Texas, being interviewed by the host of Crime Scene Today on Lone Star Community Radio - Conroe, TX (Montgomery County). It is dated May 28, 2020.

Notice in the comments someone left a comment a year ago which would be in 2023. That is 3 years after this video was posted. I find the comment "disturbing".

You can scroll below the video in the Comments to see the original posted comment. Here is a copy and paste.

@Dandoskyballer

1 year ago (edited)
Went to Hichshool with TJ. While I sincerely feel sorry for his family for not knowing what happened to their son/ family member, he got exactly what he was asking for that night. According to what I've heard through the grape vine, he hit a woman in Rookies, the bar aka the last place he was seen alive. In the early 20000's in TX that would not be tolerated. He up big time, & whomever was there to witness it did not tolerate the of his actions that night. Bars Close at 2:OO AM!!!! If they have been basing their search around 9-10 PM, there is no wonder they haven't found *advertiser censored* in all these years. This is an adult male in his 20's. You bet your *advertiser censored* he left when the bar closed. 9-10 PM vocally by his peers, would be considered a Pussy. No male in the early 2000's wanted to be called a Pussy. That is the equivalent of being called a Chicken in the movie Back to the Future, it doesn't fly. He was either caught in a drug deal gone bad, although weed is a ridiculous thing to kill someone over, or someone didn't appreciate him abusing a woman they knew personally in front of them....... (This is the theory I've learned towards) Accordomg to everything I've heard thus far, the investigation was steered in the wrong direction from the beginning.We went to a 5A Hichshool. Everyone heard something from somebody else. It was, and continues to maintain a greater capacity than the majority of other schools in the local area. Dated 2022. Oak Ridge High School is even more OVER POPULATED!!! Now than it was before the incident!!!. Gentrifaction of the surrounding areas has manipulated the investigation. If you dismissed anything as something you hearrd from someone you genuinely trusted in the early 2000's, you would be lost socially. It makes far more sense now why they haven't solved this after hearing that.
~~~ End of comment ~~~

Link to aforementioned video:

Episode 27 – T.J. Murray Cold-Case presented by Detective Fadi​

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members