TX TX - Weatherford, near I-20, WhtFem 35-55, 227UFTX, wig & glasses in purse, Sz 7 shoes, Oct'98

She visually reminds me of Edith Bernice Lehnerz (MP342). She went missing November 20, 1995 in Colorado Springs, CO. She fits the stats of this doe well. Not much is known in her case, but she had given recently given birth and had a heart condition requiring medication.

View attachment 456992View attachment 456995

It seems she had been submitted for comparison in 2010 but has not been ruled out.

I think the timeline does not fit well. Also, the permed big hair she has is clearly not a wig. Unlikely she started to cut it and switch to wigs.

This woman's MP case was added to NAMUS today and features a photo of Jane Doe as well. Maybe loved ones think its her?View attachment 472210
View attachment 472213
Definite resemblance, IMO.
Even the sunglasses look the same, plus Gillespie was last seen wearing jump suit type athletic clothing. Jane Doe was found wearing a wind suit and athletic shoes

This woman's MP case was added to NAMUS today and features a photo of Jane Doe as well. Maybe loved ones think its her?View attachment 472210
View attachment 472213
Definite resemblance, IMO.
It seems LE and her loved ones think this is her, and she's probably in NamUs for DNA testing. I really see a resemblance. She was even driving in the direction of Texas.

I will create a Websleuths thread for Nellie. Let's call this Jane Doe "Nellie" too
I made a thread.

Comparison between Nellie and Nellie Doe.
Nellie Doe Comparison.png
"Nellie Doe"Nellie Faye Gillespie
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhiteWhite
Age35 - 5561
DLC/DODSeptember 7 - October 1, 1998August 15, 1998
Height5'3 - 5'75'1
Weight130 - 160 pounds145 pounds
Hair ColorLong and brown, put in a bun with long bobby pins.Brown
Eye ColorUnknownBrown
Distinctive FeaturesPossible hysterectomy, two breast implants or prosthetic breasts, possible mastectomy.Unknown
CircumstancesFound near the I-20 in Weatherford, Texas. She apparently died by suicide.Last heard from by son, saying she was intending to travel to Arizona.
DistanceJackson - Weatherford464 miles

Comparison between Nellie and Nellie Doe.
View attachment 472260
"Nellie Doe"Nellie Faye Gillespie
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhiteWhite
Age35 - 5561
DLC/DODSeptember 7 - October 1, 1998August 15, 1998
Height5'3 - 5'75'1
Weight130 - 160 pounds145 pounds
Hair ColorLong and brown, put in a bun with long bobby pins.Brown
Eye ColorUnknownBrown
Distinctive FeaturesPossible hysterectomy, two breast implants or prosthetic breasts, possible mastectomy.Unknown
CircumstancesFound near the I-20 in Weatherford, Texas. She apparently died by suicide.Last heard from by son, saying she was intending to travel to Arizona.
DistanceJackson - Weatherford464 miles
Nellie is a bit smaller than the lowest estimated height range, but her weight is exactly in the middle of the weight range. She's also a bit older, but age estimates have been off before

Nellie is a bit smaller than the lowest estimated height range, but her weight is exactly in the middle of the weight range. She's also a bit older, but age estimates have been off before
This is what I was thinking. The possible match has some slight inconsistencies, but nothing major. The match is great circumstantially.

I wonder how she got to the location in which she committed suicide? How are they so sure that it was suicide?

I wonder how she got to the location in which she committed suicide? How are they so sure that it was suicide?
Did they find her car nearby? I don't remember reading that.

Sometimes the police call a death suicide because they bungle the case. I just listened to a podcast about a man who was found deceased in Florida. He had been shot in the side of the head with a shotgun, weighed down with an anchor tied to him with a rope, and pushed over into Tampa Bay. His body surfaced when gases inside him forced enough buoyancy to overcome the 25-pound weight of the anchor. His boat was found more than 5 miles away. The police were quick to call it a suicide! There were no powder burns on the side of his head.

Last edited:
Did they find her car nearby? I don't remember reading that.

Sometimes the police call a death suicide because they bungle the case. I just listened to a podcast about a man who was found deceased in Florida. He had been shot in the side of the head with a shotgun, weighed down with an anchor tied to him with a rope, and pushed over into Tampa Bay. His body surfaced when gases inside him forced enough buoyancy to overcome the 25-pound weight of the anchor. His boat was found more than 5 miles away. The police were quick to call it a suicide! There were no powder burns on the side of his head.
I don’t see any mention of a car in her write-ups. And it says that a gun was found near her body. Since she seems to not be local (I’m assuming because she hasn’t been recognized), was she a hitchhiker? Or was this a carjacking or kidnapping or other form of foul play?

And if she is Nellie, it is said that Nellie told her son that she was driving to Arizona. Was she going in her own vehicle? If so, where is that car?

I don’t see any mention of a car in her write-ups. And it says that a gun was found near her body. Since she seems to not be local (I’m assuming because she hasn’t been recognized), was she a hitchhiker? Or was this a carjacking or kidnapping or other form of foul play?

And if she is Nellie, it is said that Nellie told her son that she was driving to Arizona. Was she going in her own vehicle? If so, where is that car?
How could police rule out the possibility that someone shot her, tossed the gun on the ground, and stole her car?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back