UK - 14 yo girl abducted in broad daylight, Oxford, 28 Sept 2016

No arrests still, unfortunately:

Spokesman Gareth Ford-Lloyd added detectives were keeping an 'open mind' to whether the two suspects they were hunting for were still in the country.
Interesting - there wasn't any suggestion before that they might be foreigners.

Surprised that
Thames Valley Police said it had been unable to secure a slot on Crimewatch to further its appeal.
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14..._made_almost_one_month_since_kidnap_and_rape/

No arrests still, unfortunately:

Interesting - there wasn't any suggestion before that they might be foreigners.

Surprised that
Thames Valley Police said it had been unable to secure a slot on Crimewatch to further its appeal.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14..._made_almost_one_month_since_kidnap_and_rape/

I've only seen Crimewatch once since Jeremy Vine took over, but it seemed to have too much time spent on already solved crimes and 'issues' such as knife crime. The 'issues' are important, but I'm not sure that should be in the remit of the show, just focus on the public helping to solve crimes. There's plenty of network time to address the other aspects on the BBC.

It's sad if worthy cases are being bumped for other elements.

I'm a fan of the BBC, but it's public service broadcasting, not chasing viewing figures which I can only assume is the reason for the changes.

I'd rather begun to suspect this might be the case.

Just watched the BBC news. Police say they have concluded that the abduction did not happen. This is what I thought, but did not want to say until it was clear. There was just no way that it could have happened unnoticed at that particular junction....

Weird, this is two high profile hoax abductions this year

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname