UK - Amber Peat, 13, Suicide, Mansfield, 30 May 2015 *Inquest*

In her narrative conclusion, the coroner said there were no less than 11 missed opportunities for education, health and social care agencies to assess Amber and her family, and this may have prevented Amber's death.

"Had those agencies responded to safeguarding concerns in an appropriate manner it is possible Amber would not have died when she did," the coroner said.

Hanged girl's 'intentions not known'

The coroner spent more than two hours going through the evidence at the completion of the inquest and said "professionals were not asking the right questions".

She said not enough had been done to "console her" although her stepfather and mother tried to portray themselves as "concerned parents" when she went missing on May 30.

But the coroner pointed out that the family went to a supermarket and a car wash before contacting the police seven hours after Amber left home when her mum refused to talk to her.

Teenager Amber Peat - who hanged herself - could have been saved, coroner says

Mrs Bower has said there was evidence that Danny Peat was 'a compulsive liar, gambling with the use of drugs' and believed this 'should have triggered safeguarding coverage by Derbyshire health services.'

Redirect Notice

.Hanged schoolgirl's father 'let down'

During the inquest Mr and Mrs Peat said allegations about her having punishments and chores were untrue.

They called her a "drama queen" and said she had behavioural issues.

"I don't know how people can sit there and say their daughter is a liar," Mr Cook said.

"I don't think it was puberty that caused all the problems."

The coroner said the fact Amber saw Mr Cook only twice since her parents separated on Christmas Eve 2012 "would, no doubt, have had an emotional impact on Amber and a destabilising effect on her life".

Mr Cook said the family would often move around without him knowing and he was not told when his daughter's surname was changed. ..... more.....

CPS are reviewing the case.

Police evidence on hanged girl 'to be reviewed'

ETA: There was something really not right in that household, I'm not sure what it was, but the lies from the parents were covering something.

I cant believe no charges will be brought to them now....
I had to come here as this seems the most recent thread!!
Im so lost for words on this, as this case played out i fealt so heart broken! There are a lot of details that i found hard reading and i believed that at the end of it all her mom (if thats what u call her) and step dad would get done for there total neglect of this poor child. But NO.....today they have been let off with not enough evidence! The schools and SS should be ashamed and her mother has so much to answer for.
This child had no one its just awful

I cant believe no charges will be brought to them now....
I had to come here as this seems the most recent thread!!
Im so lost for words on this, as this case played out i fealt so heart broken! There are a lot of details that i found hard reading and i believed that at the end of it all her mom (if thats what u call her) and step dad would get done for there total neglect of this poor child. But NO.....today they have been let off with not enough evidence! The schools and SS should be ashamed and her mother has so much to answer for.
This child had no one its just awful
Thanks, I hadn't seen there was going to be no further action.

The CPS said it had reviewed the coroner's findings and further information from Nottinghamshire Police.

A spokesman said: "After careful consideration of all the available evidence, we have concluded there is insufficient evidence to prosecute anyone for criminal offences relating to Amber's treatment up to the time of her death."

No charges over hanged girl's death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back