UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weekend before Christmas is going to be one of the busiest of the year. At 7.30 pm people will be leaving work, going to work, shopping, visiting others, starting an evening out etc. The chances of spotting an ordinary looking individual, who is dressed unremarkably on CCTV are slim.

Add in the man-hours needed to effectively trawl through all the cameras and I can see why the police haven't made much headway. It is a good idea to put batches of CCTV on the facebook page as a way of tracking where he went but I wonder what would happen in a subsequent trial if anything untoward were noticed after the footage went public?

I only thought of this after looking at the google map of the fire station and saw the car park behind it next to the river. If they were in a minibus could it have been parked at/near the fire station? It could be a reason to head up that way.

Do we know how they travelled, anyone?

This article below (bottom link) shows very narrow pavements and tight roads around the pub too. It says he was heading back towards this pub. Could he have been knocked by a car a tight area?

Also it mentions he has a distinctive walk with a bounce. I've always associated a bouncy walk with some people with Autism, but of course it doesn't mean everyone with a bouncy walk is on the Autistic Spectrum. Just my own opinion on bouncy walkers.

"Murphy's unpublished data indicate that the upper bodies of people with autism tend to tilt forward as they walk, and that they have more bounce in their step than their typical peers do. These findings align with the results of the two-dimensional footstep analysis." This is taken from here
Could motor problems be one source of autism’s social difficulties?

Missing firefighter in new CCTV sighting on night of disappearance

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same boat as you, can't work out which video he's in, IF he's in one! I read his partner said he'd gone outside of the pub to send a text, and, was never seen again

The sending the text bit is interesting, only because my other half was out on a Xmas works night out the other evening at various pubs and at the end of the evening, I phoned to say 'do you want a lift' to which he replied 'its okay I've texted our daughter, she is picking me up' to which I replied 'She can't be, she is out for the evening and not coming home'. (Bear with me on this....) Then I received a text from him, where he was thinking he was texting our daughter saying to her please pick me up. He was adamant after I picked him up he had had a conversation with our daughter and texted her. He had done neither at all but had sent a text to me thinking I was her. He had been drinking since lunchtime and this all happened after 11pm. He was still coherent but just a bit confused. Sorry to report this boring conversation but just to point out how the 'sending the text' could have gone a bit wrong and the phone could have been lost/dropped/picked up by someone else. Is he seen on CCTV with the phone at any point, I wonder?

Sorry for jumping in now- new to this case. So it's a long early enough start pub crawl with 12. I'm guessing 12 pubs of Christmas- I wonder if there was a pre planned route? I am in Ireland and it is tradition to do the 12 pubs and we would have a rough idea of the 12 before we go out. That would be known to all. People would drop in and out and skip a put - especially later on- to go for chips or a kebab or something. You would think 'ok half and hour in x- I will nip off for food and catch up in x pub as they will be there in half an hour or so'. And yeah- you might not mention to anyone this was the plan because of course you would be told to now bow out etc. It looks like a small enough town- you wouldn't think twice about it especially after a few drinks.

We seem to have little information. Did they have a planned route? Was it known to all? How many places did they visit and how much had he drank? If you get separated from the group- you might turn the phone off for half an hour to get food into you. I know I have back in the day. Oh I have a million questions

This doesn't bode well, statistically. It's university research from 2017 looking into men who go missing after a night out and what happens to them.

http://www2.port.ac.uk/media/contacts-and-departments/icjs/csmp/MONO-Report-101217.pdf

I do fear this and what is the most likely....

A young man went missing from my city a few years ago- we also have a river. It took days to find him. But he had taken a shortcut, while drunk, and hopped over a wall that had a fairly massive drop the other side. He must have hurt himself and not been able to get help and it was cold that night. Very sad.

We have also had slips into the river where the water is so cold it's really hard to fight against.

I do fear this and what is the most likely....

A young man went missing from my city a few years ago- we also have a river. It took days to find him. But he had taken a shortcut, while drunk, and hopped over a wall that had a fairly massive drop the other side. He must have hurt himself and not been able to get help and it was cold that night. Very sad.

We have also had slips into the river where the water is so cold it's really hard to fight against.

What struck me from the report was that the majority were found within 1km but some up to 4km. Apart from one who had travelled to another area and was found there.

Jmo but I feel this could turn out to be as "obvious" as it looks ...he had been drinking 7 hours , had had enough, decided to slip away from group to go home ..didn't know Lewes that well and tried to get to train station or similar and has come to harm accidentally..it may be just a case of where ..

Just running thoughts through my head ...even considering he may have had a fair amount to drink , he walked with a distinctive gait and that he was walking uphill he still looked tired , as if he had been walking around for those lost 20 mins ...the quickest route from the Lamb pub to the cctv at most should have took 4 mins not 20

Also although the press seem to report "heading back to the lamb" ...he did not appear to have any intention of crossing the rd considering as he passes the cctv hes right at the junction to turn to the pub ...it would have made far more sense to say he was heading towards the high street

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just caught up on the thread I had heard about Anthony going missing but only started to follow on here last night.

Hopefully there will be a breakthrough soon.

Out of interest does anyone know where the nearest cash machine would be? Maybe he went to get money? I know his card was not used but maybe his original intention was to get cash.

Hi everyone, just caught up on the thread I had heard about Anthony going missing but only started to follow on here last night.

Hopefully there will be a breakthrough soon.

Out of interest does anyone know where the nearest cash machine would be? Maybe he went to get money? I know his card was not used but maybe his original intention was to get cash.

There are a couple of them in High Street what would be in the vicinity.

lewes cash machines - بحث Google

Seeing as the research/report I linked above mentioned most were found within 1km of last being found (with a few up to 4km and one in another area) can anyone upload a map and do a 1km circle around the Pub?

Just some thoughts .... I don't believe anymore that he met someone because he was seen on cctv walking by himself about 25 minutes after he left the pub. If he had met someone in those 25 minutes clearly the person was no longer with him, therefore had nothing to do with Anthony's disappearance and would have spoken up by now. Unless there was something illegal or illicit going on but I don't really believe that. Jmo.

Others here have pointed out that it doesn't look like on the cctv he's about to take a turn to get back to the Lamb. So if he went on straight where would that lead him?

Maybe he was too drunk after all to find the way back to the pub and there was no purpose to wandering around. He simply lost his way and something happened. Accidental fall or drowning imo.

Just some thoughts .... I don't believe anymore that he met someone because he was seen on cctv walking by himself about 25 minutes after he left the pub. If he had met someone in those 25 minutes clearly the person was no longer with him, therefore had nothing to do with Anthony's disappearance and would have spoken up by now. Unless there was something illegal or illicit going on but I don't really believe that. Jmo.

Others here have pointed out that it doesn't look like on the cctv he's about to take a turn to get back to the Lamb. So if he went on straight where would that lead him?

Maybe he was too drunk after all to find the way back to the pub and there was no purpose to wandering around. He simply lost his way and something happened. Accidental fall or drowning imo.

Actually we still don't know for sure where his "crowd" was when he stepped out of the Lamb...or did I miss something?

Actually we still don't know for sure where his "crowd" was when he stepped out of the Lamb...or did I miss something? There must have been some kind of plan...when somebody is loosing track we meet in? or call such and such....

Jmo but I feel this could turn out to be as "obvious" as it looks ...he had been drinking 7 hours , had had enough, decided to slip away from group to go home ..didn't know Lewes that well and tried to get to train station or similar and has come to harm accidentally..it may be just a case of where ..

but if he was planning to go home, on the train and didn’t know Lewes well...then he would not be turning his phone off, he would be more likely to use it to get to the station.

I think the switch off was deliberate, he was going somewhere, even if only for some fresh air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiseThread07