Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #7 *M. Bridger guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can one of you tell me how to pronounce the name of this saint?

Rhedyw

http://www.nantlle.com/history-llanllyfni-saint-rhedyw.htm

My children are studying All Saints Day, and they each looked up the saints that correspond to their names, but one son is named Reid. Although I could not find a Saint Reid, a friend told me that this Sant Rhedyw ought to fit the bill.

Just curious about how to say it.

Thanks. Sorry for the OT. I couldn't think where else to quickly find Welsh speakers.

With all respect to Sweet April

Rhedyw

My children are studying All Saints Day, and they each looked up the saints that correspond to their names, but one son is named Reid. Although I could not find a Saint Reid, a friend told me that this Sant Rhedyw ought to fit the bill.

Thanks. Sorry for the OT. I couldn't think where else to quickly find Welsh speakers.

Hi, you might have to wait a while, it's about 4am in Wales :)

Hi, you might have to wait a while, it's about 4am in Wales :)

Yes, I added Cardiff to the World Clock on my iPhone when this case started.

April disappeared on my birthday, October 1.

Rhedyw

Rh is pronounced as in Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac) and you need to roll the r a bit to make this sound.
Closest I can get to describing how to pronounce the whole word is rhed dew with the first part accentuated. Hope this helps :)

Hi, Jigzy

As it's just you and me, can I ask you as a local what the general feeling is around Mach about what happened and about MB in particular? Does anyone know what the motive could be, MB guilty or not?

I've heard a whole load of rumours (past relationships, the goings on at the PE, motive, sightings in places other than those we 'know' about, previous places of residence and connections to other places, etc.), but none that we can openly discuss here unfortunately as they are just that, rumours.
But I will say that there are those who simply cannot believe he could do such a thing, and those who say the complete opposite. So much yet to be revealed.

I've heard a whole load of rumours (past relationships, the goings on at the PE, motive, sightings in places other than those we 'know' about, previous places of residence and connections to other places, etc.), but none that we can openly discuss here unfortunately as they are just that, rumours.
But I will say that there are those who simply cannot believe he could do such a thing, and those who say the complete opposite. So much yet to be revealed.

From what we read or are able to discuss, I find it really hard to imagine any circumstances that would lead to the alleged murder of a 5 year old child, especially given the relationships between so many people. If it was something personal, MB looks like he has the sort of stature that he could settle anything down a dark alley.

I also find it strange that here we have someone charged with probably the most heinous crime imaginable, killing an innocent child, yet there does not seem to be any public outrage or anger towards him. No one interviewed seems to have a bad word for him, not even "I always knew there was something dodgy about him" kind of thing.

I'm not defending him, I just find it all a bit strange. As you say, all will be revealed.

I am so glad to hear they are getting lots of support from family and friends. I know they appreciate all the letters and cards as well. My heart just goes out to this family. I do hope they are able to find this sweet little girl.

Ima

I totally agree frommer, a lot about this case is strange. From the colour of the van to "she got in with 'them'" and other conflicting reports. There seems a long way to go here.

I also find it strange that here we have someone charged with probably the most heinous crime imaginable, killing an innocent child, yet there does not seem to be any public outrage or anger towards him. No one interviewed seems to have a bad word for him, not even "I always knew there was something dodgy about him" kind of thing.

I didn't get that impression from what jigzy has said.

But I will say that there are those who simply cannot believe he could do such a thing, and those who say the complete opposite.

Not quite sure what was wrong with last post as only talking about MB's position in the company. This I found on another forum - only about MB - if this is not acceptable I will gracefully shut up!

http://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/IIRCaseIndivDetail.asp?CaseId=700598853&IndivNo=701343929&Court=&OfficeID=500000139&CaseType=D

This has actually been discussed on here way back (Paddywhack brought it up, if I remember correctly), so I don't know what you could have said that might offend.

Yes it was Paddywhack, he mentioned the two other aliases MB used.

Rhedyw

Red-yew with a rolled "r", the "e" said quite long and like "eh"

There's also St. Anthony the Abbot, patron saint of basket makers, and therefore reeds, if that counts?

I was only referring to the interviews we have seen or read about.

Well, the media are not likely before the trial to make a big feature of any interviews claiming that the guy's a villain. Quite apart from prejudicing a fair trial, they wouldn't want to risk another Joanna Yeates Landlord-type fiasco.
That cost several newspapers ££££££.

I'm wondering at what point we will learn if MB has been able to attract a top ranking defense lawyer. Prior to January 11th?

I'm also surprised April's body has not been found.

What is the significance of this?

For instance, does it mean the murder was premeditated and well planned, thus a brilliant hiding spot, or does it mean the murderer just got lucky with the disposal site , or is AJ closer to home and right under LE's noses? Something else?

I can't imagine a murderer being in panic mode after the deed and having the wherewithall to drive to a remote area, across difficult terrain, especially with a dodgy vehicle and risk of being seen or stopped.

Sorry, but I'm not buying the 'trauma' theory, that MB has the inability to recall his actions. That's the defence William Clegg used for Vincent Tabak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko