Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #7 *M. Bridger guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentencing to follow this afternoon - it'll be a life sentence, quite possibly without parole ("whole life tariff") given that he was also found guilty of abduction.

Well, whew. I'm not sure I could have given that verdict. I think he is guilty, but my thinking so was based on some speculation, not the evidence. Although, it pushed me further toward guilty when I thought about the human bones in the fireplace. Even though the defense tried to cast doubt on that, given everything else we know, why on earth wouldn't they be her bone fragments. So, I'm glad the judge reminded them of those bones. Thanks to all who posted updates! I read every post, although I say little. I read word for word.

Guilty of murder and abduction of AJ. The jury obviously didn't believe a word he said. Prosecution strong, defense weak. Tears for little April, RIP. Sentencing this afternoon.

When the abduction first happened and he was arrested I thought he may have some explanation but from the first day of the trial that explanation was poor.

Then when the defendant himself took to the witness box and had no one else to appear to corroborate a single part of his story you know he is in deep trouble.

I think the feeling among a lot of people has been he was guilty but whether the evidence was sufficient was another matter. The jury have applied some common sense and decided it was.

I think the entire point of his forcing a trial was to prepare his story for the coming years behind bars which I am sure he will maintain till the day he dies.

Rest in Peace April.

He won't be seeing the outside of a jail ever again IMO.

Thoughts for her family at this time. R I P April x

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/30/mark-bridger-guilty-april-jones-murder

"For the first time it can be revealed that Bridger, who is the son of a retired City of London police officer, told a priest while he was in prison awaiting trial that he had "flung" April's body into a river."

"It can also be revealed that a tape found in Bridger's video player when police raided his home was paused at the point of a rape and murder scene from the slasher film The Last House on the Left. He had recorded the same scene – but nothing more of the film – twice on one videotape."

^ Ughhh. This guy is pure evil. No memory problems, just all lies. Thank goodness the jury saw sense.

BBC News just said that MB was not identified as a person of interest until 9am on the 2nd October. This means that the person who the parents named on the evening of the 1st was not him. I wonder who they named?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/30/mark-bridger-guilty-april-jones-murder

"For the first time it can be revealed that Bridger, who is the son of a retired City of London police officer, told a priest while he was in prison awaiting trial that he had "flung" April's body into a river."

"It can also be revealed that a tape found in Bridger's video player when police raided his home was paused at the point of a rape and murder scene from the slasher film The Last House on the Left. He had recorded the same scene – but nothing more of the film – twice on one videotape."

wow

he is a piece of work!

are we thinking he is going to get a sentence along the same lines as stuart hazel?
god bless aprils family and this jury.

I wonder why the video tape information was not admitted as evidence in the trial.

I must say I am really relieved.
Not feeling well these days and kept waking up last night because of a sore throat. I kept dreaming about MB being found not guilty and getting out of jail and doing it again. I had that dream all over again.
Now that was a scarry night :scared:

I am sure he is guilty so he will get what he deserves now.
Justice for little April.
A little comfort for her family and friends, who will never see her smile again.

Ugh, I think more might come out in time, proper verdict it seems

This was kept quiet about it being confirmed

It can also be revealed that the fragments of bone found in Bridger's fireplace and in his bath plughole – confirmed to be April's remains – will be returned to her family so they can bury them if they wish. The family has made it clear to police that they would like to see Bridger's cottage demolished.

~~~ RIP to a beautiful little girl and may time bring peace and healing to her family

wow

he is a piece of work!

are we thinking he is going to get a sentence along the same lines as stuart hazel?
god bless aprils family and this jury.

I would think so, if not more, though I dont know what the maximum minimum term to be served for life is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule