Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #8 *M. Bridger guilty*

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...lashed-prison-inmate-over-april-jones-remains

Juvinal Ferreira attacked Mark Bridger – who claims he does not know what he did with April's body – with a weapon fashioned out of a prison-issue razor at the high security Wakefield prison in West Yorkshire.

Ferreira, 24, himself a murderer and sex attacker, was sentenced to a second life term and was told it will be 2036 before he can be considered for release.

Leeds crown court heard that Ferreira and other life prisoners had talked about attacking Bridger to make him reveal what he had done with the body of April, whom he abducted as she played near her home in Machynlleth, mid Wales, a year ago.

Today, Mark Bridger lost the possibility he might one day walk free. I didn't post about the possibility earlier as I didn't want to cause a kerfuffle.

Bridger is one of only 52 prisoners in England serving whole life tariffs without the possibility of parole, ever. Ian Brady and Rosemary West are others. 2 other (multiple) murders had appealed to the European Court of Human Rights and the court found in their favour - the Strasbourg Court said whole life sentences without any prospect of freedom does breach their human rights.

That judgement meant the sentencing of the killers of soldier Lee Rigby (they ran him down and hacked him to death with a cleaver) were put on hold - the judge didn't want to sentence them to life without parole if he was acting 'illegally'.

Brit Supreme Court judges decided otherwise today. The say whole life sentences do NOT breach prisoners' human rights, and the Lord Chief Justice Thomas told judges to ignore the Strasbourg ruling and continue to pass whole life sentences if they want to.

So if Bridger was hoping this meant he'd one day come up for parole, he's out of luck.

Also, the killer named McLoughlin who originally took his case to the Strasbourg Court has had his minimum 40 year sentence INCREASED. He'd already killed two people when he killed his 3rd - the day he was paroled from a 21-year sentence.

I'm not sure how a 40 year sentence is a 'whole life tariff'??

This does still mean that if Bridger gets terminal cancer or something, he can be released on compassionate grounds. That has happened. However, Hindley wasn't and I don't think Bridger will ever be either - especially as he has never told the truth about what he did with little April.

Link to ruling: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-who-will-be-sentenced-next-week-9136721.html

Thank you Zwiebel. Is there a chance that the ruling of the British Supreme Court may be challenged and changed?

Thank you Zwiebel. Is there a chance that the ruling of the British Supreme Court may be challenged and changed?

I don't think so in this case, it's very rare.

' The whole life order (formerly a whole life tariff) is a court order whereby a prisoner who is being sentenced to life imprisonment is ordered to serve that sentence without possibility of parole. The purpose of a whole life order is for a prisoner to be kept in prison until he or she dies, although in exceptional circumstances a prisoner can still be released by the Home Secretary on compassionate grounds such as ill health. A whole life tariff can also be quashed on appeal by the Court of Appeal.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_imprisonment_in_England_and_Wales#Whole_life_order

Dad’s run for murdered April Jones
May 6, 2015 12:28

snip
Paul Jones, 46, from Machynlleth, ran the Missing People charity run in London.

Mr Jones took part in Saturday’s run alongside Rachel Elias, sister of missing former Manic Street Preachers guitarist Richey Edwards.

Also present was missing York chef Claudia Lawrence’s father Peter.

Mr Jones said: “We know first-hand the feeling of absolute despair when someone you love disappears.

“I was running for April and to raise money for missing people, to help them. If you are in the unfortunate position that your child goes missing, it’s a charity like this that you can rely on, so raising money for this charity means everything."

From July 2015:

April Jones: Mark Bridger claims murdered schoolgirl's ghost is haunting his prison cell

Mark Bridger told another prisoner he is tortured by visions of the five-year-old appearing in his jail cell at night.

The claims are included in court papers obtained by the Daily Mirror. They were never made public during Bridger’s trial.

In a prosecution witness statement, Bridger’s fellow inmate said: “He told me he [Bridger] thinks he has been visited by a ghost at night.

“He believes this ghost to be that of April Jones, who is brought to him by another male ghost.

“When he has told me about the ghosts, Bridger has been visibly upset.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-mark-bridger-claims-6082450

From July 2015:

April Jones: Mark Bridger claims murdered schoolgirl's ghost is haunting his prison cell

Mark Bridger told another prisoner he is tortured by visions of the five-year-old appearing in his jail cell at night.

The claims are included in court papers obtained by the Daily Mirror. They were never made public during Bridger’s trial.

In a prosecution witness statement, Bridger’s fellow inmate said: “He told me he [Bridger] thinks he has been visited by a ghost at night.

“He believes this ghost to be that of April Jones, who is brought to him by another male ghost.

“When he has told me about the ghosts, Bridger has been visibly upset.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-mark-bridger-claims-6082450

Good! I hope he never has another good night's sleep. It's not a ghost, it's called a conscience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"People, they think 'why should we help the paedophile? We should be prosecuting them, throwing them in jail, having them castrated'. But if we offer help to paedophiles we might save children who might have been abused."

These were the remarkable words of Paul Jones, father of April Jones who was abducted and murdered by a paedophile in October 2012. There was evidence that Mark Bridger had been looking at child *advertiser censored* online in the hours leading to her abduction.

Now Paul and his wife Coral are campaigning for better understanding of child sex abuse - including offering help to paedophiles to prevent them from offending. For them this is key to protecting children from harm.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34858350

25 February 2018:

April Jones' father learns of daughter's death for second time 'after losing memory'

Six years after his five-year-old daughter was abducted and murdered by paedophile Mark Bridger, Paul Jones has to be told of her death again after illness reportedly wipes much of his memory of the previous decade

The father of murdered five-year-old April Jones has had to learn of his daughter’s death for a second time after a virus damaged his memory, it has been revealed.

Paul Jones, 49, reportedly asked his wife Coral why their daughter had not been to see him as he recovered from a severe case of encephalitis, a potentially lethal brain condition that left him unable to remember much of the previous decade.

Ms Jones said her husband had recognised April in family photos used to jog his memory.
The father of murdered five-year-old April Jones has had to learn of his daughter’s death for a second time after a virus damaged his memory, it has been revealed.

Paul Jones, 49, reportedly asked his wife Coral why their daughter had not been to see him as he recovered from a severe case of encephalitis, a potentially lethal brain condition that left him unable to remember much of the previous decade.

Ms Jones said her husband had recognised April in family photos used to jog his memory.

She said: “He asked, ‘What happened to April?’

“I had to tell him she was no longer with us and that she’d been killed.

“He broke down. It was an awful conversation because he was so emotional.

“I couldn’t go on, I just couldn’t tell him any more. It was like reliving it all over again.”

April Jones' father learns of daughter's death for second time 'after losing memory'

20 June 2018:

Mark Bridger: 'Fog of evil' surrounded April Jones's killer

Neil Samworth was a seasoned prison officer, in his own words “a big lad” who was used to handling himself. But nothing could prepare him for the task of guarding child killer Mark Bridger, whose murder of five-year-old April Jones rocked the nation.

“It’s like there’s this black, horrible fog around him that infects your body,” says Mr Samworth, who spent 10 months guarding Bridger.

“I can’t say anything specific, people like that just get under your skin, it’s difficult to explain.”

Mark Bridger: 'Fog of evil' surrounded April Jones's killer

6 April 2019:

MUM'S AGONY

April Jones’ mum’s heartbreaking Facebook post to mark murdered daughter’s 12th birthday after saying she’d be ‘forever five years old’

Little April Jones was just five-years-old when she vanished near her home in Wales in October, 2012

THE mum of murdered youngster April Jones has revealed her heartbreak on what would have been her daughter's 12th birthday.

NINTCHDBPICT000481182074.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000301751174.jpg

Writing on the family's social media page this week, mum Coral wrote: "Well little girl it is the EVE of your birthday, tomorrow you’d have been 12 years old. Instead, you’ll forever be 5 years old.

"I will NEVER forget you little April."

And on her daughter's birthday, April 4, she added: "Happy 12th Birthday little April...

"I don’t have many words today, you are in my thoughts and I have a candle burning bright for you."

April Jones' mum's heartbreaking post to mark murdered girl's 12th birthday

It's been over a decade since April Jones disappeared.
Just five years old at the time, April vanished from her home in Machynlleth, Wales, on 1 October, 2012, and has never been seen since.

In a documentary about the horrific incident, April's family open up about their final moments with her, and how her disappearance has affected them
Speaking in Channel 4's The Disappearance of April Jones, April's sister Jazz revealed the last words she ever said to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back