GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, murdered then hidden, Peterborough, 18 Jul 2020 *Parents Sentenced* #6

RobinCAL

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
FYI for newer members and reminder for veteran WSers ...

Reddit is not an approved source at Websleuths.

Also, social media comments from anyone other than MSM, LE, or a WS approved source are not allowed for discussion.

Some posts have been removed. Please post accordingly. Thanks

Mod Note:
Sleuthing is limited to those that have been arrested in this case. Multiple posts have been removed for the sleuthing of, and accusations toward other family members. If you observe a post doing such, please use the Report link to let the team know. Continued violations can result in time outs, thread bans, or thread closures.

Thank you for taking steps to ensure your posts comply with the TOS which we all agreed to when joining WS.

As a reminder those can be found here: The Rules

I wasn't suggesting that the Whittlesey residential building site was where I thought BW was but it's certainly a possibility that it was somewhere like that. I believe the murder was planned for a couple of days and was not a panic disposal - I've just killed someone now what do I do with the body. Wherever ScW took BW, it was planned beforehand but he couldn't finish the job for whatever reason and had to go back in the early hours. It will be a place he feels comfortable in the dark of the dead of night, as well as midday. It was a weekend, where places like building sites and quarries might be closed, or perhaps it was an abandoned location. He was travelling east, immediately at least, out of Peterborough from the Gunthorpe mast area and must only have travelled another 20 or 30 minutes before having to return in a similar time.

I wasn't suggesting that the Whittlesey residential building site was where I thought BW was but it's certainly a possibility that it was somewhere like that. I believe the murder was planned for a couple of days and was not a panic disposal - I've just killed someone now what do I do with the body. Wherever ScW took BW, it was planned beforehand but he couldn't finish the job for whatever reason and had to go back in the early hours. It will be a place he feels comfortable in the dark of the dead of night, as well as midday. It was a weekend, where places like building sites and quarries might be closed, or perhaps it was an abandoned location. He was travelling east, immediately at least, out of Peterborough from the Gunthorpe mast area and must only have travelled another 20 or 30 minutes before having to return in a similar time.
If I remember rightly it was either yourself (or possibly Tortoise?) who said that BW is most likely buried. Wouldn't it take a long time to do this? Digging any sort of hole is exhausting, and I estimate it would need to be at least 3 feet deep to enable a body to be covered sufficiently. Then there would be the effort of moving body into hole, last goodbyes, covering up etc. That would take time even with the both doing it. So I don't think she would be buried that far out of Peterborough.

If I remember rightly it was either yourself (or possibly Tortoise?) who said that BW is most likely buried. Wouldn't it take a long time to do this? Digging any sort of hole is exhausting, and I estimate it would need to be at least 3 feet deep to enable a body to be covered sufficiently. Then there would be the effort of moving body into hole, last goodbyes, covering up etc. That would take time even with the both doing it. So I don't think she would be buried that far out of Peterborough.
Knowing how long it takes to dig a trench- it’s not something that can be done quickly. Was there a timeslot quick enough to do this?

Knowing how long it takes to dig a trench- it’s not something that can be done quickly. Was there a timeslot quick enough to do this?

Plenty of time beforehand if premeditated. I still do not think that all the post 'event' activity was spontaneous. IMO there was a deal of planning and apparent absence of panic about it all which to me suggests that poor BW was doomed before she even left to spend the night at her grandparents.

IF they had pre-planned it though and the grave was started on the Friday night before she went missing though then it would be possible? I think they knew exactly where poor B was going to end up JMO

Plenty of time beforehand if premeditated. I still do not think that all the post 'event' activity was spontaneous. IMO there was a deal of planning and apparent absence of panic about it all which to me suggests that poor BW was doomed before she even left to spend the night at her grandparents.

Lol great minds and all that!

I buried one of my cats three weeks ago. I found her hung from the bell on her collar wedged between two slats in a fence. It was horrific. I discovered her about an hour before my children returned from school and had to dispose of her in the garden. She had rigor mortis and was stretched out. I needed a hole at least 3 feet by 2. Took me about 20 minutes to dig the hole 3 feet deep = unexpected stones, unfit after lockdown and digging at an awkward angle.

I think one go at burying BW in the first window was impossible, but acheivable across the first two windows, especially with adrenelin and purpose. He looked fit enough to me to dig holes, despite his alleged disability. He strikes me as lazy though so if he could plant her body where others would add material then a quarry tip, landfill or building site could be in scope. Family members have been known to use deep water to dispose of bodies but I think they are more likely to be found. BW was never meant to be found. MOO

I buried one of my cats three weeks ago. I found her hung from the bell on her collar wedged between two slats in a fence. It was horrific. I discovered her about an hour before my children returned from school and had to dispose of her in the garden. She had rigor mortis and was stretched out. I needed a hole at least 3 feet by 2. Took me about 20 minutes to dig the hole 3 feet deep = unexpected stones, unfit after lockdown and digging at an awkward angle.

I think one go at burying BW in the first window was impossible, but acheivable across the first two windows, especially with adrenelin and purpose. He looked fit enough to me to dig holes, despite his alleged disability. He strikes me as lazy though so if he could plant her body where others would add material then a quarry tip, landfill or building site could be in scope. Family members have been known to use deep water to dispose of bodies but I think they are more likely to be found. BW was never meant to be found. MOO

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat :(

Was difficult burying mine too, was there nearly an hour. Kept making the hole bigger but her tail kept popping out! o_O

I think Scott was probably at home on the Friday night because police examined Bee's phone records so they would have examined them all. He could have left his phone at home but that doesn't seem to have been one of his tricks in his many subsequent journeys.

Thinking it through, he doesn't seem to have been worried about leaving Bee's body at the location he went to, for quite a significant period of time. If it was me I'd be thinking what if she's discovered by humans, and what if she's discovered by foxes, before I get back to bury her, especially at that time of year when temperatures are going to make the body smell quicker. I've only got to bury a few vegetable scraps at the end of my garden and foxes are digging them back up the next night, their sense of smell is acute. But we're talking about an unburied body, most likely. The fact he was out with Sarah setting false trails with Bee's phone that afternoon/evening shows how comfortable he was that Bee's body was secure and would not have been moved before he would return to it over 12 hours later. So what would make him feel that secure? A suitcase or a roll of carpet or tarp is going to be more visible and could draw attention so I think he wouldn't feel so secure that her body definitely wouldn't be discovered. Plus he's got the problem of actually being seen in broad daylight at lunchtime putting it there and she's going to be heavy to move from the car, so I don't think she'd be that far from where he could park his car. I also don't think it would be a place frequented by motorists such as a lay-by, so it needs parking but in a less used area. It's a really big thing to leave a dead body somewhere, I think it helps to try to put oneself in that kind of mindset, being caught before they've finished their staging, soon after he was last known to be with her, it was really high stakes that she not be discovered miles away in the opposite area to where they were setting a trail for her phone.

I think he knows an abandoned building and his stop off at the lockup before he picked up Bee on Saturday morning could have been to get tools for breaking a lock and securing it again. Somewhere he could park up close and not be seen by passing traffic. Somewhere that he knew of before he set out, so he wasn't using that trip to scout around.

There are other possibilities like dumping a suitcase temporarily in water, it's not going to really drift, but again I think he'd have worried about being seen and it would most likely need to be close to the road. I prefer a more secure building, or shed location. Perhaps even public toilets with parking that were locked during lockdown.

MOO

Last edited:

So sorry to hear about your cat. Hope your children were ok.

With the amount of undergrowth around the fens, he would of easily hidden her body for at least 24 hours. I regularly drive through the droves to Spalding. VERY secluded.
I asked my partner how he would dispose of a body, just out of interest. He's a chippy by trade, and said damp membrane would be ideal, for obvious reasons.
He even suggested feeding to pigs! Alot of gangsters did this! There's alot of farms this way... food for thought. (Excuse the pun) MOO

I think Scott was probably at home on the Friday night because police examined Bee's phone records so they would have examined them all. He could have left his phone at home but that doesn't seem to have been one of his tricks in his many subsequent journeys.

Thinking it through, he doesn't seem to have been worried about leaving Bee's body at the location he went to, for quite a significant period of time. If it was me I'd be thinking what if she's discovered by humans, and what if she's discovered by foxes, before I get back to bury her, especially at that time of year when temperatures are going to make the body smell quicker. I've only got to bury a few vegetable scraps at the end of my garden and foxes are digging them back up the next night, their sense of smell is acute. But we're talking about an unburied body, most likely. The fact he was out with Sarah setting false trails with Bee's phone that afternoon/evening shows how comfortable he was that Bee's body was secure and would not have been moved before he would return to it over 12 hours later. So what would make him feel that secure? A suitcase or a roll of carpet or tarp is going to be more visible and could draw attention so I think he wouldn't feel so secure that her body definitely wouldn't be discovered. Plus he's got the problem of actually being seen in broad daylight at lunchtime putting it there and she's going to be heavy to move from the car, so I don't think she'd be that far from where he could park his car. I also don't think it would be a place frequented by motorists such as a lay-by, so it needs parking but in a less used area. It's a really big thing to leave a dead body somewhere, I think it helps to try to put oneself in that kind of mindset, being caught before they've finished their staging, soon after he was last known to be with her, it was really high stakes that she not be discovered miles away in the opposite area to where they were setting a trail for her phone.

I think he knows an abandoned building and his stop off at the lockup before he picked up Bee on Saturday morning could have been to get tools for breaking a lock and securing it again. Somewhere he could park up close and not be seen by passing traffic. Somewhere that he knew of before he set out, so he wasn't using that trip to scout around.

There are other possibilities like dumping a suitcase temporarily in water, it's not going to really drift, but again I think he'd have worried about being seen and it would most likely need to be close to the road. I prefer a more secure building, or shed location. Perhaps even public toilets with parking that were locked during lockdown.

MOO
I agree with all of that. That was my thinking when I suggested the derelict farm buildings at Hill House Farm (where he is building the fencing for horse paddocks in photos on his facebook HiH Maintenance page). It could be reached by travelling east along the B1443. His skills as a locksmith have also received insufficient attention IMO and I agree that placing BW's body behind lock and key would give him confidence to leave her and return. I am convinced that he knew where he was going to take her before he picked her up, and whatever he picked up at the lockup was a key component of the plan.

Thanks MissMarbles. Interesting that it's near the derelict farm house near the new builds that have recently been built.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back