Identified! UK - Bolton, Female, 18-25, found in woods, Oct'13 - Rebecca May

Police missing persons site (it's pretty new)- http://missingpersons.police.uk/

Charity- https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/

With the necklace being Alchemy Gothic it's pretty run of the mill, buy it anywhere kind of necklace.

So shocked this girl doesn't have a name yet, with all those personal items.

It is strange, as lot of those items are very distinctive. Her overall appearance would have been very memorable, so she must be from outside of Bolton or surely someone would have recognised her by now.

Wondering how the police know her death isn't suspicious, when they can't determine the cause of death?

Unfortunately, I believe that the sad truth is that no one misses her, and no one knew her. She could potentially have been an immigrant of some kind, or trafficked. I could be completely wrong but I find it hard to believe that a young, british woman can die without anyone missing her, or being able to identify her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Id like to know where the nearest library is to where she was found.. she may have used her memory card etc in there.. unless she was a student.. wheres the camera to the memory card ?

Id like to know where the nearest library is to where she was found.. she may have used her memory card etc in there.. unless she was a student.. wheres the camera to the memory card ?

That memory card could be from a phone, which she also didn't have on her. I find that odd when she has mp3 player and USB etc but no phone?

There's about 1,000 UID persons on UKs books but I can't find her listed on the website.

Maybe they should check with the NCB - she may have been a bit of a loner and possibly being young may have had some contact with them previously.
It would be good if they had a composite photo for her.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I still think about Goth Girl often and I hope she is identified.

http://ulsterherald.com/2013/07/29/renewed-appeal-for-missing-charlotte/

What do u all think of charlotte murray being a match ?

Didnt stay in regular contact with family ( so possibly no phone)

Shes a "free spirit" so the gothic/emo could fit.

She looks thin in the pics but has been missing nearly a yr so could have gained.

I think the age range is out on that one though.
The UID is listed being between 18-25. Charlotte is 34 years old.
Though I have seen the age range be off in quite a few cases.

http://ulsterherald.com/2013/07/29/renewed-appeal-for-missing-charlotte/

What do u all think of charlotte murray being a match ?

Didnt stay in regular contact with family ( so possibly no phone)

Shes a "free spirit" so the gothic/emo could fit.

She looks thin in the pics but has been missing nearly a yr so could have gained.

She seems a little out of the age range, both physically and with the things found with the subject here. Has a thread been started on Charlotte in the missing forums? In regard to the clothing/possessions, that is also what makes me thing Yulia is out of the question..it just doesn't seems to fit with the personality.

As for this UID person - have they released anything from the USBs? No one carries that many around that have nothing on them, and really, the contents would be a great clue for identifying this woman. Music, books, movies etc....Have they figured out a location for the Aldi token? Seems like that would have some sort of identifier to a specific location....

No further news at all... no idea if she had money.. she was in the news a day and then gone... very strange.

She seems a little out of the age range, both physically and with the things found with the subject here. Has a thread been started on Charlotte in the missing forums? In regard to the clothing/possessions, that is also what makes me thing Yulia is out of the question..it just doesn't seems to fit with the personality.

As for this UID person - have they released anything from the USBs? No one carries that many around that have nothing on them, and really, the contents would be a great clue for identifying this woman. Music, books, movies etc....Have they figured out a location for the Aldi token? Seems like that would have some sort of identifier to a specific location....

Unfortunately with the Aldi token, I don't think it will have any links to a location. As far as I know, it's just one of those little metal things like a coin that can be used in shopping trolleys instead of a pound. I would imagine that Aldis all over the UK had them for a while.
Could be wrong though.

No further news at all... no idea if she had money.. she was in the news a day and then gone... very strange.

I completely agree, surely the police must know more now; even if it's just a little.

My first thought when I read that she had a memory card and a USB stick along with her age is that she is a college/university student. I know when I took some college courses here they sold the usb sticks in the library and you could pick one up fairly cheaply.

Unfortunately with the Aldi token, I don't think it will have any links to a location. As far as I know, it's just one of those little metal things like a coin that can be used in shopping trolleys instead of a pound. I would imagine that Aldis all over the UK had them for a while.
Could be wrong though.

I went searching for cat/ diamante/ black t-shirt images and those exact token holders came up in quite a few. Unfortunately, they are sold in bulk and individually online, so I don't think there is much hope there.

The necklace seems the best bet to me. Despite searching many online goth shops and hundreds of images, I cannot come up with an identical, dark pewter one with the same necklace. I changed my mind about it being tarnished while I was looking - there are definitely two types of pewter goth jewellry sold, and Alchemy does have a dark brand.

At the very least, I would have thought it was possible to find out when Alchemy stopped making that dark bat necklace, and pin down some sort of time for when it might have been purchased?

I'm usually no help with Unidentified cases so I rarely check this subforum but the thread came up on 'new posts'. This is breaking my heart because her style makes me think of many of my friends and acquaintances. :(

Its unusual to have this much trouble identifying a body in the UK. This makes me wonder whether she was here illegally.

Snipped. I don't know if she could be a victim of trafficking, from what I understand (which is admittedly little) when women are victims of trafficking it's usually for sexual ends. It doesn't seem likely that she would have been allowed to keep a more 'alternative' style in that case, if nothing else then because it would have made it easier to identify her and she would have stood out more. :twocents:

Something I just thought about and which wasn't considered before that I can see: what about someone foreign who entered the country legally? Many of my friends - especially in more alternative circles, like punk/goth friends - often travel to shows abroad. Sometimes it's because more obscure bands from overseas won't make stops in every European country so the only way to see him is by travelling. Other times it's because of hanging out with other fans. I remember that a few years ago I even knew a girl who liked a band I also liked, she went to as many of their shows in the UK and Europe as possible, sometimes saving up for hostels or hotels, sometimes staying with fellow fans or friends she had in the area.

Are there any missing persons in any European countries who could fit that description? Outside of Europe if she was in the UK on vacation and decided to go to an event. Do we have an approximate time of death? That could give us some clues about events she could have been there for.

Also do we know if any files were recovered from her electronics, at least from her music player? Knowing what genre of music she was into and maybe her favourite artists could give us some hints even make it easier to spread a description and ask for help among the fanbase.

At the very least, I would have thought it was possible to find out when Alchemy stopped making that dark bat necklace, and pin down some sort of time for when it might have been purchased?

I just tried to find the necklace. I believe the closest Alchemy necklace is called Kiss of the Night - if you enter a combination of those keywords into a search engine you'll find pics of necklaces that seem similar. They do seem to come in two different tones.

The best way to find out that out would be to e-mail their costumer service and ask.

However, I don't know how much it would narrow down the time.

Even if they have stopped producing the necklace it still comes up on the website of several goth shops and ebay. That's only looking at unused necklaces. If she bought it secondhand ebay would still be a possibility as well as sales pages, buying it off a friend... there's many different ways she could have gotten it even if Alchemy tells us no new necklaces of that model have been made in years, there are still similar or identical ones for sale.

It could give us a minimum though if it turns out it's that model however, it could tell us how early she could have gotten it. So say it was made in 2005 for the first time, even if we couldn't know when she got it we could still rule out any years before that.

Just saw this on the police website (posted on pg. 1 of this thread http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/WebsitePages/0496755CAE82BB9C80257C04003731EE?OpenDocument):

Within the pocket of her trousers was a train ticket and timetable for the Edinburgh to Manchester Airport train line.

This makes me think even more that she wasn't from the UK and travelled there.

and had a chain secured to her waist band on which were a four inch pink 'mini maglite' style torch

This caught my attention - she may have been carrying it for style or just as an everyday thing just in case, even as a lucky charm of sorts. However, this sounds like something who was travelling would take with them.

At the same time I can't think of ever doing that when travelling to urban areas. Perhaps she was camping somewhere or could have taken it because of show? :twocents:

I've had a couple of those torches and really only found them useful for putting a key in a lock at night.

Did you see on that chain, a couple of rings were empty? Maybe that's where she usually kept her keys. Homeless, or she left them in her home? Maybe recently evicted?

I looked for live music/concerts in Bolton over the past couple of months, but I wasn't much good at recognising which band she might have wanted to see. Frankly, I'm not the person to do it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back