GUILTY UK - Boy, 12, for rape of 6yo girl, Suffolk, 2013

There's also corroborating evidence - if there's a known history of abusive behaviours in the family, for instance. Interviews with a perp's relatives, neighbours and any and all records kept by government bodies and hospitals involved go a long way to revealing the truth of a claim.

Not that "I was abused" is EVER an excuse for harming anybody else!

But it may (if genuine) help gain an understanding of how an innocent little child grows into a monster.

There's also corroborating evidence - if there's a known history of abusive behaviours in the family, for instance. Interviews with a perp's relatives, neighbours and any and all records kept by government bodies and hospitals involved go a long way to revealing the truth of a claim.

Not that "I was abused" is EVER an excuse for harming anybody else!

But it may (if genuine) help gain an understanding of how an innocent little child grows into a monster.

IMO a select few are just born that way.

Yes, it's possible this boy is just a "bad seed". And I don't think being a victim of abuse creates an excuse to go forth and abuse others.

BUT given that this is a 12 year old, I think it's prudent to look at his home and environment, in case he has learned this behavior from being mistreated or around others being mistreated. Perhaps that's been done and the authorities were satisfied. But if there's someone else in this child's life who contributed to his behavior, wouldn't you want them brought forward, too? And protect other kids in that environment? I would.

I'm breaking my own promise to never mention this again, but it is really really hard to sit here and not share what I have learned.....
I have worked with 12 year old pedophiles, and have had specific training in the area of psychology and sex abusers. Unless new info has come out since then (which I am open to), what I was taught and read by experts in the field, and what I experienced working with these kids, is that pretty much all (I am resisting saying absolutely all because there is always room for a rare exception) sex offenders of the child abuse variety were victims themselves as children. Typically direct physical abuse, sometimes abuse in the form of having to watch and/ or participate. MOST/ almost all people who are sexually abused NEVER go on to offend, but what I was taught is that in the field of therapy and sex offender psychology it is believed that (all) that do offend were exposed to it as children. That is why they are skewed in that way.
This is different than physical and emotional abuse.
As for sociopaths, I can't believe polygraphs, anything they say, etc. But as far as researchers can tell, if there is a sexual component to their sickness, there seems to be evidence of sexual abuse in their childhood- for example, Charles Manson's mother performed fallacio on him as a baby...
I REALLY REALLY hope that I am not upsetting anyone for this post, and please understand that I am only sharing what I learned and was taught. I hope this boy receives extensive, on going, high quality therapy by experts in the field. The recidivism rate is around 80- 90% IIRC.
I do agree, however, that locking him up can be dangerous in and of itself. I have watched many children become much more criminal from being in juvie. Research supports that putting a bunch of kids with criminal behaviors together solidifies an identity of "criminal" and educates them into more serious and skilled offenders in more areas of criminal activity.
I also hope this boy didn't go through the kinds of things the kids who were offenders I worked with went through. Imagine the worst horror movie... I am also hoping whoever did that to him was not his family, and that he is being protected from further damage.
ALL my opinion, please let me know if this bothers people and I am open to removing, I don't want this to hurt anyone!!!

I'm breaking my own promise to never mention this again, but it is really really hard to sit here and not share what I have learned.....
I have worked with 12 year old pedophiles, and have had specific training in the area of psychology and sex abusers. Unless new info has come out since then (which I am open to), what I was taught and read by experts in the field, and what I experienced working with these kids, is that pretty much all (I am resisting saying absolutely all because there is always room for a rare exception) sex offenders of the child abuse variety were victims themselves as children. Typically direct physical abuse, sometimes abuse in the form of having to watch and/ or participate. MOST/ almost all people who are sexually abused NEVER go on to offend, but what I was taught is that in the field of therapy and sex offender psychology it is believed that (all) that do offend were exposed to it as children. That is why they are skewed in that way.
This is different than physical and emotional abuse.
As for sociopaths, I can't believe polygraphs, anything they say, etc. But as far as researchers can tell, if there is a sexual component to their sickness, there seems to be evidence of sexual abuse in their childhood- for example, Charles Manson's mother performed fallacio on him as a baby...
I REALLY REALLY hope that I am not upsetting anyone for this post, and please understand that I am only sharing what I learned and was taught. I hope this boy receives extensive, on going, high quality therapy by experts in the field. The recidivism rate is around 80- 90% IIRC.
I do agree, however, that locking him up can be dangerous in and of itself. I have watched many children become much more criminal from being in juvie. Research supports that putting a bunch of kids with criminal behaviors together solidifies an identity of "criminal" and educates them into more serious and skilled offenders in more areas of criminal activity.
I also hope this boy didn't go through the kinds of things the kids who were offenders I worked with went through. Imagine the worst horror movie... I am also hoping whoever did that to him was not his family, and that he is being protected from further damage.
ALL my opinion, please let me know if this bothers people and I am open to removing, I don't want this to hurt anyone!!!

I appreciate and am very familiar with the stats you've stated here.

I however have not found that to be true in New Jersey RTC's specifically for child sex offenders.

What I've found here, is an over inflation of the numbers of success rates by using children who should have never been there in the first place. Typically what I've witnessed is foster children, poor children and children of single mothers that have "mooned" someone their own age, snapped a bra strap, consensual sexual behavior between same age children. Of course those children won't offend again. They never belonged there. IMO it's a way to fill beds and charge Medicade.

The real child sexual predators are placed in group therapy as well as individual therapy. This is where the sadistic and predatory "real & dangerous child sex offenders" learn how to mimic appropriate responses and how to fake empathy for their victims. They learn to recite the correct answers. They learn the abuse excuse is a valid excuse and a way to gain sympathy and they use it. They, most often, do go on to offend again and again. They just get better at selecting their victims and keeping them quiet.
I wouldn't be likely to believe them any more than I would believe the tales adult offenders tell without polygraph corroboration.

All IMO

I don't think the kids in a juvenile facility can teach this boy anymore bad behavior/or knowledge of crime then he knows already! What lesson is he going to learn out of walking away free? What does this say to that little girl,someone harmed her and wasn't punished?I went to juvenile for being truant and matter fact we were locked up safe in our own cells except for a few times a day.I think by 12 you know right from wrong and even if it was my son he would need treatment and punishment! IMO

I don't agree with this boy being let off with a fine... Considering he is only 12 years old, I would assume he doesn't have an income of his own (seeing as kids his age aren't legally allowed in the work force), so in reality, his parents have paid the $300. What punishment has this boy actually received himself?

I think he should have been sent to juvie. Rape isn't something minor, it's not like he did something petty like shop lifting, so he should definitely be punished for the crime he committed. A punishment that actually effects HIM.

Plus, only $300 is an insult to this darling little girl that he assaulted. I hope she has a strong support network around her to help her deal with all that she is going through, as it's clear the legal system doesn't give a damn.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ateav
Back