GUILTY UK - Brothers, 10 & 12, for sexual assault of 2 boys, Edlington, South Yorks, 2009

Lovejac--This is a tragic story. It's remarkable that the children survived at all.

To me, possibly the most horrific part of this story is that I believe both of the brothers who carried out the abuse are telling the truth. They were bored. Sometimes the truth is the hardest thing of all to hear.

I believe this is the outcome of this case:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ention-for-sadistic-torture-boys-1875935.html

"....The brothers, who the judge ruled can never be named in connection with the attacks, were rushed from court. They will be eligible for release after five years, which, due to their time spent on remand, will be in spring 2014. But, because they are indeterminate sentences, they will only be released when experts and professionals believe they are no longer a danger to the public.

They will serve their sentences in a secure local authority unit before being transferred to a Young Offenders’ Institute when they turn 14...."

more at link

About the abusers' home life and interaction with social services:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...-and-a-wider-dereliction-of-duty-1876423.html

At that age, my son was most interested in transformers, watching ninja turtles on tv and having buddies play at the house.....begs the question....what kind of homelife did these lads have?

One of the best commentaries I've ever read concerning extremely troubled young criminals. I implore everyone to spend five minutes to read it and spend some time pondering the words:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...mned-now-they-must-be-understood-1876391.html

They've been condemned. Now they must be understood

"The public wants violent criminals to be locked up. When the criminal is a child who has perpetrated a coldly sadistic act, many people's first instinct is to want that evil banished from the public gaze for a very long time, if not indefinitely.

But when our heads overrule our hearts we want something more. We want children – like the two young brothers from Edlington, near Doncaster, who were sentenced yesterday to indefinite detention for shocking acts of gratuitous violence against two young children – to understand and acknowledge the impact of their actions. We want them to demonstrate genuine contrition. We want them to be changed...."

more at link

The victims asked their abusers why they were doing that to them and were told they caused the boys grandmom to have a heart attack and die?

Did they really believe that? If so which was it? Boredom or a belief they caused granny to die?

That's some seriously twisted stuff they did to those kids. Makes ya wonder if the kids fought back at all? Makes ya wonder what on God's green earth have they seen in their short lives?

Thanks for the link, Izzy.

This case is making all the UK headlines this morning:

Two brothers who tortured two other children in South Yorkshire have been granted lifelong anonymity. The boys, then aged 10 and 11, lured their victims to a ravine and carried out a "sadistic" attack in Edlington, near Doncaster, in 2009.

They were sentenced to five years' detention in 2010 and granted anonymity until the age of 18. The High Court has now given them lifelong anonymity on the grounds they would be "at serious risk of attack".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-38263416

So, like Venables and Thompson (James Bulger killers) we will probably never get to know who - or where - they are.

The brothers are only the 5th and 6th people in the UK to get a lifetime anonymity order:

1. Mary Bell, who was given a new identity after she convicted of murdering two young boys when she was 11
2. Robert Thompson (killed James Bulger)
3. John Venables (killed James Bulger)
4. Maxine Carr (Ian Huntley's girlfriend)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back