GUILTY UK - Catherine Gowing, 37, Queensferry, Wales; 12 Oct 2012

Mr Hanson said reports that the suspect in custody was the boyfriend of Ms Gowing's housemate, also a vet from Ireland, was a ``line of inquiry'' the force is investigating.
Hannibal Lecter: First principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?
Clarice Starling: He kills women...
Hannibal Lecter: No. That is incidental. What is the first and principal thing he does? What needs does he serve by killing?
Clarice Starling: Anger, um, social acceptance, and, huh, sexual frustrations, sir...
Hannibal Lecter: No! He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer now.
Clarice Starling: No. We just...
Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day.
Well, possibly.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102926/quotes

Welcome to WebSleuths, Perplexed 123, dubsleuth and Spotlight!!!

:wagon:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...with-missing-offaly-womans-murder-571140.html

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 06:42 PM

A man was charged in the UK tonight with the murder of missing Offaly woman Catherine Gowing.

Ms Gowing, who is originally from Clonlee, Co Offaly, has been missing since she failed to arrive at work at the Evans Veterinary Practice in Mold, North Wales, on Monday.

Clive Sharpe, 46, from Bethesda, Gwynedd, will appear before Mold magistrates tomorrow morning, the British Crown Prosecution Service said.

I just heard on the RTE News that he is Catherine's flatmate's boyfriend I have no link for that other than I heard it on the radio, I hope it's ok to post

I just heard on the RTE News that he is Catherine's flatmate's boyfriend I have no link for that other than I heard it on the radio, I hope it's ok to post

I saw it in MSM last night (online)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...s/4599390/Cath-pal-boyfriend-on-kill-rap.html
THE boyfriend of Irish vet Catherine Gowing’s housemate will appear in court today charged with her murder.
Clive Sharpe, 46, of Gwynedd, Wales, is due before a judge this morning.

Catherine, 37, originally from Clonlee, Co Offaly, went missing from Mold — where she lived in North Wales — last Friday.

Prosecutor Karen Dixon said last night: “We’ve concluded there is sufficient evidence to charge Clive Sharpe with the murder of Catherine Gowing and that it is in the public interest to do so.

“Accordingly we have authorised the North Wales Police to charge the defendant and he will appear before Mold Magistrates’ Court tomorrow morning.”

So sad, another Irish lass away from home, Jill Meagher (RIP) here in Australia, now Catherine Gowing.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1021/catherine-gowing-wales.html

The search for missing Co Offaly woman Catherine Gowing has resumed in North Wales.

Forensic experts and divers have searched a pool in a disused quarry after her burnt out car was found nearby.

A 46-year-old man was remanded in custody yesterday after he was charged with Ms Gowing's murder.

Clive Sharp is due to appear in court again next Tuesday.

Police investigating the disappearance of Irish vet Catherine Gowing have begun searching land near the workplace of the man charged with her murder.

The search for her body had been focused on a disused quarry near the small town of Mold, north Wales, where she worked.

But early yesterday, police descended on an area 50 miles to the west, beside an industrial estate where murder suspect Clive Sharp worked in a small manufacturing business.

It is believed the 46-year-old had been living on the factory premises for several weeks recently without the knowledge of the owners.

In a new appeal for information, this time asking the public to report sightings of Mr Sharp's black Volvo S40 car, Detective Chief Inspector Mark Pierce of North Wales Police praised Ms Gowing's family, saying: "Their strength and dignity have been an inspiration to us all."

Mr Sharp was charged with murder last Friday and appeared in court on Saturday morning when he was recorded as having no fixed abode.

Mr Sharp, who was known to the missing woman, worked as a floor manager of Blizzard Survival -- a small manufacturing operation that makes foil insulating blankets for use in emergency situations.

The business is located in Bethesda, a remote area in the foothills of the Snowdonia mountains near where Mr Sharp lived with his ex-wife for almost a decade.

Neighbours in the Bethesda area could not say where Mr Sharp moved after the break-up, but a former employee at Blizzard Survival, Darren Beattie, said he was living in the factory in recent weeks without the knowledge of the owners.

Mr Beattie, who worked with Mr Sharp for about 18 months before leaving the company last year, said he was surprised to hear his former colleague had been arrested.

"He was my boss. He was the one that hired me. I thought he was a lovely bloke, he was down to earth, just generally a nice bloke," he said.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...of-murder-suspect-16228085.html#ixzz2A7z8r7rS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back