UK - Ched Evans for rape of 19yo woman, Rhuddlan, Denbighshire, 2011

I began to worry when the Pros did a 40 minute summing up and the Defence did almost 2 hours.

Plus the Judge didnt think that Ms Massey's offer of money to the hotel receptionist constituted a bribe - she thought it just showed a normal reaction from a worried girlfriend !

to be fair, the hotel receptionist didnt rise to the bait, so I suppose the bribe could not be proven.

The thing I despised most about him today was his apology to anyone who might have been affected. He makes it sound like he is apologising to a group of people who have had some minor problem or discomfort affect them.
Whereas the reality is that his victim has suffered hugely, other people in a minor way, if at all.

He still hasnt got the common decency to apologise to the victim directly.
He will be fine, FILs money will keep him comfortable even if no Premier League wants him ( and possibly some of them will ) but she has had her life ruined by this and doesnt have the financial back up to see her through.

I feel like the victim should be able to appeal the not guilty verdict... or if we had something like they do in Scotland where your not found innocent or guilty but something in-between?

I don't think he was apologising TO her in ANY way ... it was worded so that the idiots might think he were but that was no apology.

I dont think I've ever felt more disgust or despair at 'justice' before :(

So he was found guilty of rape, in the first trial, and Sheffield United terminated their connection with him, which seems reasonable to me.

Now that he has obtained his not guilty verdict, he is suing them for loss of earnings ? I really do not understand that. What were they supposed to do, retain a convicted rapist on their books ?

The legal team for Evans will now look at damages. Any claim for loss of earnings – Sheffield United released him following his original conviction – will be capped at £500,000. An application has already been put in for court costs which are likely to run into the hundreds of thousands and will be taxpayer-funded. A case against Brabners, the Manchester-based solicitors which represented him in his first trial, is also likely and damages could run into millions.

Also I see that the we are getting married and having more children line which was played out for the Jury, has now changed to we may get married, time will tell.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...mitted-no-crime-never-say-sorry-directly.html

Like attracts like in the Johnson family from the looks of it..... perhaps they'll give him some grammar lessons during his time inside.

The fiancee's father speaks out....sounds just as delightful as his soon to be son in law -victim was not unconscious therefore everything's ok !

I met him ( CE ) in a pub and I made him tell me absolutely everything. The first question I asked him was "Was she unconscious?" And he said she was actively giving him instruction on what she wanted.

It was over a short period of time when she was drunk. He'd had a massive lapse of judgement. But I believed him, because I knew him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-plans-sue-POLICE-witch-hunt-footballer.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back