Found Deceased UK - Chloe Mitchell, 21, last seen at 6.45pm in the Harryville area of Ballymena, Co Antrim, NI, 2 Jun 2023 *arrests*

Hey, is it possible you can transcribe full tweets from source with link or add s/s? Just thinking it makes things easier to see immediately, plus tweets can get deleted then we have no idea what was ln it. :)
Of course, apologies, the full tweet comes up when I post but maybe it comes up differently on my phone - I will in future :)

What a freaking failure, it was just a matter of time. Poor Chloe. I think we all knew this was going to be the likely end result pretty quickly, but the confirmation is always so sad. This situation however is what makes my blood boil. He should never have been in the position to harm more innocent women/children.

I’m curious as to where her remains were found and why it took so long for them to find her? These are flats, in a tiny garden it would be so obvious….

What a freaking failure, it was just a matter of time. Poor Chloe. I think we all knew this was going to be the likely end result pretty quickly, but the confirmation is always so sad. This situation however is what makes my blood boil. He should never have been in the position to harm more innocent women/children.

I’m curious as to where her remains were found and why it took so long for them to find her? These are flats, in a tiny garden it would be so obvious….
I’m curious to find this out too. Very odd

Two men have appeared in court charged in connection with the murder of a 21-year-old woman who disappeared in Co Antrim last week.

Brandon John Rainey, 26, and unemployed, and from James Street in Ballymena, is accused of murdering Chloe Mitchell on a date between 2 June and 5 June.

She went missing more than a week ago in Ballymena.

[...]

The other accused is Ryan Johnston Gordon, aged 34, a care assistant from Nursery Close, Ballymena.

He is charged that on the same dates he assisted an offender.

Both men appeared via video link to Ballymena Courthouse.

[...]

The court was told that Mr Rainey had significant mental health difficulties and was a paranoid schizophrenic.

A solicitor requested that he be remanded to a secure mental health unit for medical assessment. However a detective inspector told the court that the accused had escaped from the facility on three previous occasions and the PSNI objected to that course.

District Judge Peter King said he would remand Mr Rainey to prison and the assessment could be carried out there.

He was remanded in custody until 6 July.

A solicitor representing Mr Gordon said his client also had "mental health difficulties".

He said there had been no application for bail today.

His client was remanded into custody with a bail application scheduled for 20 June.

As my 80 year old grandpa says...
USA too tough on crime, Ireland & Germany & Sweden too easy on crime.
I'd like to expand on this. Obviously there are people let out in the US frequently who should NOT be let out.
But often there are such misunderstood situations and our justice system is all about punishing and not rehabilitating...
Where as in the UK they're all about rehabilitating and not so much punishing.
There should be an equal balance somewhere but I've yet to see it...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back