UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wifi and cellular data are two very different things and completely independent of each other. It is perfectly possible, and not at all unusual, to have a phone signal (which would ping) and no cellular data or wifi. I've just spent the weekend with my parents-in-law who live in a rural village with terrible phone reception. The signal was just strong enough to make and receive calls and texts, but I had no mobile internet at all.

Looking at the pictures of the bins on Google Maps, does anyone know if the same types of bins were there on the night in question? On the picture, there are bins belonging to at least three different waste removal companies. Has it been mentioned which company the phone was traced to?

My Nokia switches to 'battery saver' mode at 20%. This has been a standard % on all Nokia's and I don't think you can change it. I think it could easily last a few hours if it wasn't being used at all (might test this later).

Amonet.....

....that's the thing. And it's puzzling me to.

It appears they are saying "Mobile Data was working up until 4.30am .....and then from that point just Cellular Data, which continued until 8.00am".

But Barton isn't "rural". So if the phone is in that "larger geographic area of Barton", as per the triangulation data, then it isn't too far from masts. Could "Cell Data + Mobile Data" be reduced to just "Cell data" in that area, when the signal ought to be "good" at the very least ???

The fact the phone "went completely dead" at 8.00am, would logically suggests "Stamina Mode" was activated automatically when the battery was "low" and then later the battery died....but REALLY !
On this night/morning of all night/mornings !
And at "precisely that time" of all times during this night/morning !

The "what are the odds of that happening" are just huge,

It could be a "tactic" of the police on the other hand. Something along the lines of "We know you turned the Mobile Data off, but you forgot we could still trace the phone by Cell Data" ?

Being totally honest, there are bad reception spots all over the place here. I distinctly remember sitting in the bse Tesco car park not being able to get my phone satnav or maps working because of poor coverage. Don't overestimate the rural phone coverage here!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I think the first searches concentrated on possible routes to the base, then around the route to Barton Mills and that area. They've spent weeks collating information from the public of times where people were and didn't see Corrie, so maybe they've narrowed down a few areas to search (or re-search).

I have a feeling this new search might turn up a body :-/

If it doesn't, then the mystery just deepens.

Just heard on local news police are searching hedgerows and ditches around bse (sorry on way to work to don't have time to link but it was on bbc local news). I really hope that this is a re-search as I would have expected them to do this three and a half weeks ago!!!

Apparently the Sugar Beet factory there is pretty major.

This from the website of British Sugar.

The factories operate around the clock, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s day included.

Yes it is major. It's huge.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

It is a lot like Adrian Lynch in a lot of ways and to think of all the crazy theories we went through before he was found, in the exact place they had been searching. Something does feel different with this case though, although maybe it is just because Corrie is getting a lot more coverage I don't know but something seems different....

Ive not heard about this poor lad,,, but only just yesterday I read about the 19 year old Luke Durbin who vanished (so it seems also) into thin air 26 miles away in 2006.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-32660387

http://findluke.com/

My Nokia switches to 'battery saver' mode at 20%. This has been a standard % on all Nokia's and I don't think you can change it. I think it could easily last a few hours if it wasn't being used at all (might test this later).

My Samsung gives me a low battery warning at 15%. A couple of weeks ago, while I was out, the battery dropped to 5% power. The phone didn't quite switch off but the screen became so dark it was almost undreadable and I'm guessing it was then saving the battery for phone calls only.

Interesting comment from Corrie's mum on Facebook:

"Corrie has never EVER walked back to the base. I have just said it would be easy for him to do as he is so fit. Not once in 3 years has he ever walked tho."

I had got the impression (for some reason) that it was normal for him to walk home after a night out, which made me assume he knew shortcuts etc. and where would be safe to walk. Perhaps not though..

WOW !

I'm with you on this one, I thought, I took it to be, I was under the impression that Corrie "walked back to camp" on a fairly regular basis.

This is what was said, right ?

Interesting comment from Corrie's mum on Facebook:

"Corrie has never EVER walked back to the base. I have just said it would be easy for him to do as he is so fit. Not once in 3 years has he ever walked tho."

I had got the impression (for some reason) that it was normal for him to walk home after a night out, which made me assume he knew shortcuts etc. and where would be safe to walk. Perhaps not though..

Mmm but look even Suffolk police agree with this one!

***It’s known Corrie liked to walk home following a night out and police are continuing to ask anyone who may have been out in the area around Bury St Edmunds from 3am on Saturday onwards to get in touch if they think they may have seen him or anything that may assist the investigation.

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

He often walked back to base or he never walked back to base?

I know the family are trying their hardest to answer questions on the FB page but I really think some of these "facts" need clearing up... it's making me grumpy.
:gaah:

Yes have to agree with you,, im pulling my hair out over all this confusion 'CoverMeCagney' even here mum says he 'has' walked back (7:25 into video)

[video=youtube;ouZCCnULs34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouZCCnULs34[/video]

Yes have to agree with you,, im pulling my hair out over all this confusion 'CoverMeCagney' even here mum says he 'has' walked back (7:25 into video)

Exactly! Why are we getting such inconsistencies?! Where did Nicola say that? I can't find the comment. Wish the police would clarify some of these MAJOR points!

In other news, according to a comment on Find Corrie, someone has come forward claiming to be "man in black LXXVIII t-shirt" saying the police were coming to interview him asap.

It's gone from a very definite "he has done it" to a very definite "he has never done it". Very confusing. But would anyone actually know for sure either way? If he generally made his way home alone, would he have ever bothered to discuss whether he had done it on foot or by hitching a lift, taxi etc.?

Well Im speechless ,, cj357 and theres no point asking you if you can find it again and screenshot it as info gets lost so fast on that group due to the amount of interest... hmm

Where did Nicola say that? I can't find the comment.

If you're looking for Nicola's Facebook comment, it's in the discussion on the post linking the retired police guy interview on ITV ("Colin Sutton is a retired Police Officer. He is expressing his own opinion on Corrie's case during this interview." posted by David Urquhart). She posted at 9.36am today.

Edit: sandamanda I took a screenshot as soon as I saw it, as I knew I'd struggle to find it again!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• commentnicola.jpg
    commentnicola.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 103
What the? Whats truth and whats lies? Massive well done there on the quick thinking cj357

So we now know he does walk back to base and that is normal for him and we also know he has never walked back to base! Okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti