UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not really heard much about a homeless guy.

But my first thoughts on 'Homeless'........well Homeless people don't tend to have cars and especially don't have houses......so how would a homeless guy be involved in anyway?
In all the early reports he was a witness who was last person to see C after black t shirt guy. So important as last person to see C.

In all the early reports he was a witness who was last person to see C after black t shirt guy. So important as last person to see C.
also c apparently Told the homeless guy he was walking home, nothing much more has been said about him, I agree he is an important whiteness

Fresh thread folks. Can we skim it back to the bare facts & focus on those? The last thread made my head hurt.

Midsummer, level it for us here... facts & possibilities... [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think a brief summary of last thread's phone/pings/ etc conclusions/stumbling blocks would be great.

Lot of that technical stuff was way over my head so yes would appreciate someone from that group- who were doing the heavy-lifting on that aspect- would sum it up.

Thoughts on AWOL.

Certainly not intended before the night out. No way you would go about it like that, going into crowded area with lots of CCTV. Also no other signs according to the family that anything was planned.
Possible that things happened on the night that made him want to get away. We know that a few things did go wrong for him on the night and he was 'skint' and in a drunk state strange decisions can be made. However if nothing was planned I find it hard to believe he could disappear leaving no clues.

Ok. I assume the Police must have got everything out of him they could. I assume we don't know what he said.

So family have confirmed it.

Just my line of thinking is that he has been referred to as a military cop. He will have awareness of procedure. I'm LE and know procedure and know how to do it if I wanted to disappear.

BIB ( bit in bold above) I saw that post in the last thread. Is it a definite? Apols if you pre-discussed this weeks ago but I haven't seen much focus on that and I have read thousands of old posts.

BIB ( bit in bold above) I saw that post in the last thread. Is it a definite? Apols if you pre-discussed this weeks ago but I haven't seen much focus on that and I have read thousands of old posts.

Hes an RAF Regiment Gunner; completely different trade to RAF Police. So no idea where the "military cop" story came from.

A couple of things:

There appears to be nothing on the timeline or website about the homeless guy. We didn't imagine that did we?

On the 28 mins. The link in the timeline where N is mentioning 28 minutes- N states C goes into H/s then there is 28 mins where the phone goes to BM. Then turns off at 8 a.m. thats all she says so the phone and C could have gone immediately to BM together or if he no longer had it, could have travelled later or earlier imo. Obviously neither us or N have got those exact movements and that is the ace in the hole that LE still are keeping out of the public domain. That is why the phone movements can only be speculation still ATM IMO.

Would appreciate thoughts on homeless guy and where reports of him have gone?

It appears to me that the homeless guy is the person the press are saying that Corrie told at least one person that he was walking home.MOO I have been following this case from the beginning, though only from the beginning of December on websleuths and I have heard and seen quotes in the early days, from Nicola that are no longer available, stating also that Corrie may have said to the homeless guy when asked how are you getting home, 'looks like I am walking as a throw away line and kind of throwaway comment, why would he tell a stranger what his plans were, she said. She also stated that he shared some food with him. I have searched and searched and can no longer find any reference to this on MSM, only 'the Corrie told at least one person comment'. There were also Internet radio interviews done in the early days that I can no longer find links too. My apologies Greater, for placing a comment that I cannot now back up, and I am happy to delete or please delete.

It's hard to believe that he has walked home because as far as we know

-It is a ruddy long way home. It is PITCH BLACK the vast majority of the way. You could not walk home.....you would not be able to see a thing, you would end up walking into a ditch.....which may even explain it, but surely a guy in the army could get himself out a ditch.

-I can't really see how he could accidently get killed on the walk home. Maybe a hit and run, taking the body with them. In Great Livermere, which is a village on the most likely route (IMO) that he would have walked home, there is a lake of some kind. It seems people sometimes end up going missing and they are in water, but I can't understand how someone just gets lost walks into water and drowns. There is also a weird looking sandy area with lines running towards a centre point - what is that place?

I understand he may have got a lift part of the way home, but still not sure how you die on that journey home, or where you could be dropped off that is lit up enough to walk home.....I don't see any roads with lights on them around there.

People have commented that they want people to go off facts etc, which I understand......

So going off facts.....walking home - does it make sense?

Personally I would more or less rule it out.
RSBM

All very valid points db. If Corrie attempted to get himself back to base he has a far better chance of accomplishing it imo being a young fit services trained guy.
I think his alcohol intake would play a huge part though and these symptoms of hypothermia are self explanatory as to a simple accident happening, because when this happens people stop behaving responsibly
As has been mentioned before, Adrian Lynch's case has many similarities, but a very sad outcome found 8 months later.
I think nothing should be ruled out.

Moderate to severe hypothermia

As your body temperature drops, signs and symptoms of moderate to severe hypothermia include:
Shivering, although as hypothermia worsens, shivering stops
Clumsiness or lack of coordination
Slurred speech or mumbling
Confusion and poor decision-making, such as trying to remove warm clothes
Drowsiness or very low energy
Lack of concern about one's condition
Progressive loss of consciousness
Weak pulse
Slow, shallow breathing

(apologies for the medical info)

so who's bookmarked the source that subtstantiated the temperature morning of 24th? Came across that about 10,000 posts ago.

so can you explain why it says that in that source that someone posted again in thread 13 when he is a Gunner in the RAF Regiment etc etc - as everyone knows.
No point getting aerated about "15 weeks in" etc - how many new posters do you think will join in this next week alone?
I am on another Missing Person thread Danielle in US and I see new people coming in every day and things questioned. However I didn't join this case till early December and I back read all threads, and I still use the search thread button( on many threads here) to double check information. I type in what I am looking for and all the previous comments will come up for that subject. I find it a very useful tool. JMO

I am on another Missing Person thread Danielle in US and I see new people coming in every day and things questioned. However I didn't join this case till early December and I back read all threads, and I still use the search thread button( on many threads here) to double check information. I type in what I am looking for and all the previous comments will come up for that subject. I find it a very useful tool. JMO

I just tried that with temperature Northern but yes in principle it's a very useful tool for everyone, I see people who have posted on here non-stop since thread 1 can't be expected to demonstrate perfect recall

Hes an RAF Regiment Gunner; completely different trade to RAF Police. So no idea where the "military cop" story came from.

GT's #1 post on the last couple of threads says military policeman. This thread says military serviceman.

Admin - could the correct job be added?
It's no good referring people to the find corrie website for this as it's not clearly explained for those who aren't military and ITK.

so who's bookmarked the source that subtstantiated the temperature morning of 24th? Came across that about 10,000 posts ago.

I don't know what the original linked source was, but Accuweather shows historical high/low temperatures - try this link to see BSE during September '16. On 24th, it was 23° /10° (high / low).

I do have my own theory why we can no longer see any reports about homeless guy and will post it later. <modsnip> Cheers for all the comments so far guys.

I do have my own theory why we can no longer see any reports about homeless guy and will post it later. <modsnip>. Cheers for all the comments so far guys.

I look forward to seeing it as I also have a theory on that.

<modsnip>

I don't know what the original linked source was, but Accuweather shows historical high/low temperatures - try this link to see BSE during September '16. On 24th, it was 23° /10° (high / low).

Thankyou.

Jessie, do you have a link from your research as above for human hypothermia rates at somewhere around 10'C or are you meaning just in relation to the temperature of water? ( ie. a hypothesis that's only applicable to an accidental drowning?)

It's hard to believe that he has walked home because as far as we know:

-He could not walk out of that area without being seen on CCTV. One person (I think a relation of Corrie's) was on the news and said something along the lines of - it is possible to walk out, but he'd have to position himself very well and basically he didn't think that likely at all.

-I don't believe there has been anybody that has come forward that has been sure they saw Corrie after he disappeared off camera? No sightings?

-It is a ruddy long way home. It is PITCH BLACK the vast majority of the way. You could not walk home.....you would not be able to see a thing, you would end up walking into a ditch.....which may even explain it, but surely a guy in the army could get himself out a ditch.

-I can't really see how he could accidently get killed on the walk home. Maybe a hit and run, taking the body with them. In Great Livermere, which is a village on the most likely route (IMO) that he would have walked home, there is a lake of some kind. It seems people sometimes end up going missing and they are in water, but I can't understand how someone just gets lost walks into water and drowns. There is also a weird looking sandy area with lines running towards a centre point - what is that place?

I understand he may have got a lift part of the way home, but still not sure how you die on that journey home, or where you could be dropped off that is lit up enough to walk home.....I don't see any roads with lights on them around there.

People have commented that they want people to go off facts etc, which I understand......

So going off facts.....walking home - does it make sense?

Personally I would more or less rule it out.

Well my thoughts on whether he'd attempt to walk home are based on the fact that his brother says he had at least started to walk home before.

Sky News interview on Oct 19th (about 2mins 40s in)
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/newsupdates/page/8/

where he says in reply to a question about whether Corrie had walked home before, 'he'd only got so far along'. Presumably he had then been picked up by a vehicle driven by friends or people/person unknown on this/these occasions.

On this basis and imho I think that he could quite well have picked up an 'innocent' lift part way from the horseshoe area and attempted to walk back the rest of the way through fields/forest, his fitness and abilities as a serviceman giving him the confidence that he could do it, (as well as the alcohol's effects).

With regards to the 'innocent' lift in this scenario, I mean innocent in that they didn't do any harm to Corrie, but for some reason, probably not innocent, they don't feel like they can come forward.

In this scenario investigations into the 4th vehicle are key clearly.

A couple of things:

There appears to be nothing on the timeline or website about the homeless guy. We didn't imagine that did we?

On the 28 mins. The link in the timeline where N is mentioning 28 minutes- N states C goes into H/s then there is 28 mins where the phone goes to BM. Then turns off at 8 a.m. thats all she says so the phone and C could have gone immediately to BM together or if he no longer had it, could have travelled later or earlier imo. Obviously neither us or N have got those exact movements and that is the ace in the hole that LE still are keeping out of the public domain. That is why the phone movements can only be speculation still ATM IMO.

Would appreciate thoughts on homeless guy and where reports of him have gone?

I spent some time during the previous thread looking for references relating to the homeless guy but could only find reference to a witness who had been told by Corrie that he intended walking home. No timing given, I'll go back to look for the link

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/upda...he-was-planning-to-walk-home-after-night-out/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500