UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering whether the guy seen on cctv walking through the bus station & then appearing on another camera is a chef. The White clothing below the jacket could be a chefs uniform. Just a wild guess though.

I can really say I know exactly where I was and what I was doing on the evening 23rd September morning 24th and it was a T shirt job plus a fan to cool the cats and dog plus the humans of the house. That was in the midlands and I really can't see it being to far different approx 125 miles away.

Just wondering whether the guy seen on cctv walking through the bus station & then appearing on another camera is a chef. The White clothing below the jacket could be a chefs uniform. Just a wild guess though.
I suppose with Carpark person you have to ask where S/He came from in order to walk across the carpark instead of walk along the road.It tends to suggest the exit building was nearer to the carpark than the road.Then if carpark person is the same as Cornhill person that doesn' t make sence

I suppose with Carpark person you have to ask where S/He came from in order to walk across the carpark instead of walk along the road.It tends to suggest the exit building was nearer to the carpark than the road.Then if carpark person is the same as Cornhill person that doesn' t make sence

They are the same person but I'm not sure about the timing. What was first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are the same person but I'm not sure about the timing. What was first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the timing was something like 05:14 in the car park and 05:18 for Cornhill from memory. I think logically the person was cutting through from the Springfield Road area looking at Google maps. I doubt they were in a car because the car park is covered by cameras.

I imagine that if police think now is the time to search the landfill that they have good reasons for that and that they think there's a decent chance of finding Corrie there.

But...what if he's not there? Sulsar seem to have done a brilliant job of searches of the 3 mile radius around the BM mast. If a voluntary car journey became possible, with the destination being someone's home, then do you think it would be worth Sulsar expanding searches to likely spots on roads exiting BM and Mildenhall? I see images of wide expanses with searchers and sticks, but I can't help thinking that somewhere closer to a roadside might be more likely, and there are a few places on the southern roads from BM that I've already seen on the map that look search-worthy...there would be more that would come out of a similar thing if it was done for Mildenhall, but that would be going out of the 3 mile radius zone. I think it would be much briefer searches at each potential location, and there's also a fly-tipping site that's worth checking out if that's still there. These are mostly locations that would be something like ten metres by 100 metres, as opposed to searching deep into forests and heathland. The locations that I've seen images of searchers going through don't even seem to match the working theory that Sulsar say they are using to define search locations (though I'm sure the images can be very deceptive due to narrow field of view).

The last thing I want is to sound like I'm telling the experts how to do their job, when I have zero expertise in this area. But also the areas I identified should be reasonably valid as they're derived from the Soham case along with the logic of carrying/moving an 11 stone weight out of a car/vehicle. And if you combined this with Sulsar's expert knowledge and their drones then they should be able to take the same logic trail and work out even better search areas along those routes. It wouldn't be like doing a 30 mile radius inch-by-inch search, so each direction ought to be doable in a day or two with those 100 searchers, drones, and cadaver dogs, because they'd be highly targeted locations albeit further out from the BM mast.

I mean, we don't even know for a fact that there were three men on heathland searching for a phone, and if they were they could have been ramblers who were out the previous weekend and had good reason to have maybe lost a phone there. Surely what I'm suggesting has as much rationale as that search region? :-/

I think you make some valid points there. I'm just wondering why drones haven't been made use of more. I seem to remember hearing they were used around the HS area early into this case. In a case like this where there is so much countryside around it would seem to me a sensible use of time & would cover greater areas in a shorter time frame.

I think you make some valid points there. I'm just wondering why drones haven't been made use of more. I seem to remember hearing they were used around the HS area early into this case. In a case like this where there is so much countryside around it would seem to me a sensible use of time & would cover greater areas in a shorter time frame.

I should think that drones would have a vary limited capability especily over very large areas, it would be very time consuming , they might well find a body on the ground but if it was hidden they might not , as for finding a phone with a drone I would think unlikely , then you have to take in to count that much of the areas are tree covered woodland and forest etc,

don't think there ever was a DA notice (on what grounds?) but I'm also not sure that the police would confirm or deny it if there was one.

Yet another red herring IMO

Yes, I think there's a common misconception (in general) that UT must have lied about a DA Notice since Corrie's father confirmed there wasn't one in place. Now considering the police told Nicola that the landfill site was released back early on in the investigation, I think it's clear they wouldn't necessarily confirm if one was in place.

It's not a totally wild idea that a DA notice would be put on certain aspects of the case. Discussion of his RAF duties or those of his colleagues, exposing of any vulnerabilities etc. It doesn't mean a case cannot be discussed at all.

New thread coming up.

Please get ready to move over in about 10 minutes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther