UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Martin, it will be interesting to see what Nicola's response is to this.

Martin does talk about "we" knowing what happened to Corrie, which suggests to me that the family as a whole have come to that conclusion. Unless he simply means he and his current wife, Corrie's stepmother, have come to that conclusion.

It's difficult to see how this can proceed as a cold case if there's virtual certainty as to what happened to Corrie (an accident) and an acceptance that his remains are "essentially irretrievable".

Martin does talk about "we" knowing what happened to Corrie, which suggests to me that the family as a whole have come to that conclusion. Unless he simply means he and his current wife, Corrie's stepmother, have come to that conclusion.

It's difficult to see how this can proceed as a cold case if there's virtual certainty as to what happened to Corrie (an accident) and an acceptance that his remains are "essentially irretrievable".

JMO but I think by "we" he'd referring to he and his current wife and family. My guess would be that Nicola probably thinks the same but I haven't seen any MSM comment from her

Daily Mail says the Facebook statement was signed by Martin & Trisha.

Well, I guess we have to accept that statement, as there is clearly no other evidence of anything else happening to him. RIP Corrie.

I understand Martin thinking he “knows” what happened, it brings a sense of closure. But I don’t believe anyone will ever know for sure until someone confesses/conclusive evidence is found.

But in an emotional statement mum Nicola Urquhart, who is divorced from Martin, made her own Facebook post this morning - where she made it clear she is still searching for more evidence and answers as to what happened to her son who vanished on a night out in Bury St Edmunds on September 24 2016.

She said: "I can only keep fighting for the answers I need. To do what helps me, my son's and our family through this.

"This is NOT a criticism of how any other person deals with their guilt or grief. They should quite rightly do what works for them.

"Having said this I can tell by the hundreds of messages and calls we are getting that there is some confusion, some people think Makeyan, Darroch and I have given up.

"WE HAVE NOT GIVEN UP.

Corrie McKeague's mum refuses to give up hope in search for missing RAF airman

I understand Martin thinking he “knows” what happened, it brings a sense of closure. But I don’t believe anyone will ever know for sure until someone confesses/conclusive evidence is found.

I agree. I'm sure if it was me in his situation, I don't think I could ever feel closure unless I had evidence that proved something 100%.

Interesting excerpt from Nicola's FB post (quoted in MSM link above)

"I have also been read the statement of the driver of the biffa lorry that night and the description he provided to the police of the 4th person he saw STANDING in the horseshoe looking at his phone his description matched Corrie exactly.
I have no reason to doubt this man at all, he appears to be the single person from biffa that has actually said exactly the same thing from the first day he was spoken too. It is evidence and fact in police statements that this gentleman looked in the bin and he states Corrie was not in the bin, it was filled with the same rubbish as normal."

"I have also been read the statement of the driver of the biffa lorry that night and the description he provided to the police of the 4th person he saw STANDING in the horseshoe looking at his phone his description matched Corrie exactly.
I have no reason to doubt this man at all, he appears to be the single person from biffa that has actually said exactly the same thing from the first day he was spoken too. It is evidence and fact in police statements that this gentleman looked in the bin and he states Corrie was not in the bin, it was filled with the same rubbish as normal."

So why oh why did the Police dig up the landfill?! Ah this case is so frustrating!

Is this the first we've heard of this, I don't remember it

I thought it was said a long way back that the bin lorry driver saw a man standing there on his phone, but it wasn't Corrie.

That sounds extremely unlikely.

There is absolutely no evidence of foul play so there can be nobody to make a confession.

Martin accepts Corrie's body is irretrievable so there's no body or other conclusive evidence to be found.

I think Nicola is in denial sadly.

There is no evidence pointing anywhere other than to the fact he ended up in that landfill.

Agree, I do feel rather sorry for her though. Martin is in a much better place as he seems to have closure and he can now grieve and move on.

I read a book about a teenager called Amy Billig who went missing in Florida in the 70's and was never found. Her mother went on countless wild goose chases across the states tracking down biker gangs, she even ended up in England after receiving "information" her daughter was there. She was tormented by several crank callers. One man harassed her for 21 years before finally being caught. When asked why he did it he said she kept begging him to call back. I can see something similar happening to Nicola.

I think Nicola is in denial sadly.

There is no evidence pointing anywhere other than to the fact he ended up in that landfill.

Indeed. If she can hold out believing in foul play, it makes Corrie's behaviour that night less of a factor in his disappearance. If he simply got pissed and went to sleep in the bin (regardless of all the toings and froings about that) then his demise was essentially entirely of his own making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173