UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just read the report in the Mail online. I see someone has left a comment referring to the bread delivery man seeing C run across the road.

I've just read the report in the Mail online. I see someone has left a comment referring to the bread delivery man seeing C run across the road.

Yes "near the tip" assuming that means Red Lodge waste transfer site which, iirc correctly was a mile or so from where the bread delivery man spotted him. I have often wondered if Corrie managed to get out of the bin lorry when it reached Red Lodge and run/stagger into the woods, minus his phone.

Yes "near the tip" assuming that means Red Lodge waste transfer site which, iirc correctly was a mile or so from where the bread delivery man spotted him. I have often wondered if Corrie managed to get out of the bin lorry when it reached Red Lodge and run/stagger into the woods, minus his phone.

But if you'd been stuck in the back of a bin lorry for miles, would you stop on the central reservation of a dual carriageway to adjust the hem of your jeans? Wouldn't you go for help at the Esso garage?

I have often wondered if Corrie managed to get out of the bin lorry when it reached Red Lodge and run/stagger into the woods, minus his phone.

Wasn't this extensively debated early on and it was concluded, based on what we were able to find out about the bin lorry, that he could not have got out on his own?

Those lorries have a locking and sealing mechanism which operates other than when a bin is being tipped into the hopper, not to mention the compacting ram inside them.

Wasn't this extensively debated early on and it was concluded, based on what we were able to find out about the bin lorry, that he could not have got out on his own?

Those lorries have a locking and sealing mechanism which operates other than when a bin is being tipped into the hopper, not to mention the compacting ram inside them.

You're right, the lorry has to drive without rubbish flying out of the back, but Cagney was referring to stopping at Red Lodge Waste Transfer Station, when the back would have been opened for emptying. However, I eould have thought that would happen in a oner (open back, tip out rubbish) rather than the lorry sitting there open for enough time for someone to climb out of the back. Then C would have had to get off the site without being seen.

At least we have had confirmation now that the bin lorry driver has told the police that he saw Corrie stood in the HS. That is what I was looking for some clarity on. It does really help much, but he certainly couldnt have gotten in the bin then.

I also found that N was a lot more fluent in the local news paper exclusive as it for once actually reads like she believes in what she was saying and not saying what she was told to say, maybe N has finally come to terms with ware we are today and will turn in to a fighting force and find her son, i truly hope so ,

Yes, but that person says it was near the tip, whereas the delivery driver said the person ran across the road, stopped to adjust his boots on the central reservation and then ran across the other side to a Esso station near a notorious dogging site. The only Esso stations I can find that have such things are by Barton Mills fiveways roundabout.
This area was searched but from the news at the time, it would appear that it was only searched along the roadside of the A11, but not further in off the road. This is also the location of the phone pings and where the police said it had remained. He could have got a lift there and this could be in line with the bin lorry if the vehicles left around the same time. The police recently confirmed that which had been stated at the start, i.e. the bin lorry went to Mildenhall after it left BSE.
Delivery man 'saw missing Corrie McKeague near dogging site after last sighting'

At least we have had confirmation now that the bin lorry driver has told the police that he saw Corrie stood in the HS. That is what I was looking for some clarity on. It does really help much, but he certainly couldnt have gotten in the bin then.

IMO it's not confirmation, it's N's interpretation of events, changing details she's given previously. She now believes C went to the HS to relieve himself and to do so emptied his pockets and left his phone on a bin. The phone would then have been tipped into the bin lorry. C was seen by the bin lorry driver.

However:

1. N said the driver checked the bin and didn't see C. So he managed to open the lid far enough to check without dislodging the phone?

2. C then hung around the HS, out of sight of everyone who passed through (which is possible) but without noticing his phone was gone? How do most young people kill time? On their phone. Did he use an app to arrange a lift or meeting? He could have needed his phone to check replies and check the time. Did he want his phone for a torch to walk home? Ask someone passing through to help find his phone.

3. The bin lorry driver saw a man on his phone. How was that, if C was separated from his phone earlier?

4. The man seen by the bin lorry driver has been identified and spoken with:
Police seek interim death certificate for missing Corrie McKeague - The Courier

Miss_French, you are totally right, it’s not “confirmation” of anything as its the bin lorry driver's recollection of things reiterated by Nicola, and he could be lying. But I just meant confirmation of what he had told police as it was vague on whether he had given a wishy washy "possibly" seen Corrie or he was adamant he HAD seen Corrie.

In regards to your points 1-3 about the phone, I agree 100% which is why I do think his phone was on him, and it travelled in another vehicle (a meet? stranger? that taxi thats been mentioned?) my question on that has been why was his last text earlier in the night if he did have his phone, but I just thought.. what about Whats-App? Is there any way to get a record of that? I use that much more over texting and you don't log into it, its linked to your phone, but is it linked to your phone records? If not could he have been messaging people there and without the phone they cant access it? I always thought it was odd there was no phone records after that final text was received, but he could have been using that app or any similar app. Some apps you have log ins for which means you can access it on any phone, some are linked to the phone itself which I can only assume are accessible with the handset??

In regards to quote in that article though, thats a complete contradiction to what Nicola is saying, because she says that he says in his statement that he saw FOUR people in the area (one of which we now know he says was Corrie) 3 of those 4 were identified and eliminated and they were seen leaving the area on foot via CCTV. However the 4th person wasn't seen leaving on the CCTV and therefore (by Nicola's words on FB) is "unaccounted" for and she posted that after Martin made his thoughts clear. (It was actually made in a comment in regards to someones question by the way)

Now realistically the 4th person or sighting of Corrie may not even exist because the the lorry driver could be lying, but she seems to believe him so thats her prerogative of course.

Also the article says "The biffa bin lorry driver said he had seen Corrie, but he hadnt on the night he had dissapeared in the horseshoe" - Now I am guessing thats really bad journalism because that doesnt even make sense.

I am only really going off what Nicola is posting recently after meetings with the police, as opposed to old articles and quotes because clearly information has been incorrect, contradicting, confusing etc. by way of everyone involved and she herself even says this.

“The Suffolk police confirmed that the person the bin lorry driver saw that night was eliminated from the investigation after they spoke with them and an account was obtained.”

Thank you, I was sure I had read that somewhere, and even before this article.

It was in a Q&A by N that's on here, but that's the first time I've seen it in the press.

Last edited:
Interesting. What could accidentally catch fire at a landfill? I imagine there are strict rules about not smoking there.

Very much doubt it's smoking. Landfill fires aren't uncommon and it's usually just a chemical reaction. Heat generated as items break down, fuel from other rubbish, oxygen if there are pockets of air or waste not yet covered. No different to peat or compost heaps!

Only made the news because of the Corrie connection I expect. From Miss_F's link there only seems to be 1 firefighter with hose on scene o_O

Only made the news because of the Corrie connection I expect. From Miss_F's link there only seems to be 1 firefighter with hose on scene o_O

Much bigger response initially, though:
Live: 40 firefighters tackle huge blaze near Milton
"two crews from Cambridge, one crew from Cottenham, one crew from Burwell, one crew from Papworth, two crews from Huntingdon and the incident command unit, and one crew and a water carrier from Newmarket (Suffolk) were called to a fire at a recycling centre on Butt Lane, Milton, involving a large amount of household waste."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member