UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many people have disappeared on a drunken night out with a bit of cash in their wallet and started a new life somewhere? Don't see how it can be done without help, and Corrie wasn't the brightest so he has, what, found someone awake in the early hours that he could contact via encrypted messages or has got to in the middle of the night without attracting attention and who has subbed him for food and clothes, and he's got fake documents and a job? After a few pints he's had an epiphany and given up all the designer trappings and money from his mum? And given the months between his disappearance and the search of the landfill would know his family would be devastated, but hasn't left a message to say I'm ok, but don't find me?
Lord Lucan for one. The canoe guy for two. John Stonehouse for 3. It happens.

I just hope they can identify the remains. I know we had remains found in a suitcase at one time and remains under a motorway bridge but I don't remember if they ever found out who they were. I am also following the story of the remains found in a farmer's cesspit but we never seem to hear any conclusions.

Last edited:
Just saw the bones article and immediately thought of Corrie so came straight here for info.

ETA Sudbury is 18 miles due south of BSE on the A134.

River Stour, Suffolk - Wikipedia

I would also say we have had a week of torrential rains and some floods so these remains may well have been dislodged from higher upstream IMO.

Yes, I thought the remains might have been swept down-stream, although still deposited recently- LE seem fairly sure something happened in the last few days:
“We are particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has seen someone pushing a Sainsbury’s shopping trolley in that area; anyone who has seen unusual rubbish or black bins in the river, or anyone driving through that part of town with a dashcam this week – particularly between Wednesday and Friday.”
Forensics and river divers seen as murder probe into human bones discovery continues

LE also said that they already have some useful information from witnesses.

Another indication it's recent is that there are two crime scenes cordoned off:
Two crime scenes in place after ‘bags of human bones’ discovered in river

So how many people have disappeared on a drunken night out with a bit of cash in their wallet and started a new life somewhere? Don't see how it can be done without help, and Corrie wasn't the brightest so he has, what, found someone awake in the early hours that he could contact via encrypted messages or has got to in the middle of the night without attracting attention and who has subbed him for food and clothes, and he's got fake documents and a job? After a few pints he's had an epiphany and given up all the designer trappings and money from his mum? And given the months between his disappearance and the search of the landfill would know his family would be devastated, but hasn't left a message to say I'm ok, but don't find me?

Unfortunately, common sense isn't quite so common. Some people believe Brian Shaffer ran off and started a new life. This is the same guy who was never seen leaving a bar where construction works were going on in the same building. It's not rocket science to connect the dots.

And I'm about to go down a giant wormhole on Stonehouse who is new to me, but even with loads of money and help he was unsuccessful beyond a month!

Unfortunately, common sense isn't quite so common. Some people believe Brian Shaffer ran off and started a new life. This is the same guy who was never seen leaving a bar where construction works were going on in the same building. It's not rocket science to connect the dots.

I think it's just wishful thinking, some people prefer the idea that he has started a new life. It's certainly not logical.

I'm unsure how successful tracing bones to a missing person can be. The bones of a person in the cesspit at a farmhouse in the UK has been over a year now and no result as to if its the missing farmer's wife or not. I hope this current finding does manage to get a conclusion for those suffering the hurt of a missing loved one.

I'm unsure how successful tracing bones to a missing person can be. The bones of a person in the cesspit at a farmhouse in the UK has been over a year now and no result as to if its the missing farmer's wife or not. I hope this current finding does manage to get a conclusion for those suffering the hurt of a missing loved one.
Bones are good for DNA, it’s just whether it matches DNA they have on record.

It could be the missing mcdonald's mystery man.

Corrie-McKeague-missing.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member