UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just read about the forces usual stance on going AWOL it doesn't strike me as possible in this scenario.

1. He went out and got smashed with a dog in his toilet back home. Then executed a perfect plan while so drunk that he fell asleep in a doorway.

2. He wouldn't be able to get a proper job, go abroad, renew a passport, get arrested, get a council house, get any benefit or allowance.

3. His mum is a police officer so any contact she had with him after he went AWOL would put her in a very difficult position.

4. The forces don't come looking for people the day after they don't show up. They get marked as AWOL and inform the relevant authorities, this then turns to Deserted after a period of time. There is no reason to go to the elaborate lengths of going missing as it wouldn't change anything in regards to how they dealt with the case.

5. Why leave the car? If you want to get as far away as you can you could just drive for two days and dump the car. Possibly even take it abroad before you're listed as AWOL.

6. He had no other items with him, for those that say he could have dropped them off and then went to collect them, he would have had to do it in previous days or the day he went missing, increasing the likelihood of his stuff being found and taken. Possibly handed in to the police thus ruining his whole plan.

I just can't see how anyone would see that as a good way of going AWOL or even why it would be necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That my friend has blown a massive hole in the side of my AWOL theory. It's even questioned my unintentional AWOL theory. So much so that I'm considering other outcomes now after so much hard work.

At the moment I'm edging towards unintentional hookup gone wrong! (Ask me again tomorrow what I think....jeez!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That my friend has blown a massive hole in the side of my AWOL theory. It's even questioned my unintentional AWOL theory. So much so that I'm considering other outcomes now after so much hard work.

At the moment I'm edging towards unintentional hookup gone wrong! (Ask me again tomorrow what I think....jeez!).

At the risk of sounding cynical and toeing the line of the rules somewhat. The awol stuff is relevant UNLESS it was made intentionally to look like he disappeared in suspicious circumstances. What would you have to gain by setting up what looks like a kidnap with no evidence, no seeming witnesses, no phone found linked to a vehicle you can no longer search, an what looks like no suspects (or no fall guy)

This is just in my opinion a possibilty to support an awol theory and is absolutely not intended to be an accusation of any sort. I just feel that it could perhaps explain why for example he could potentially pick a normal night out to go awol.

What evidence, other than CCTV footage is there that Corrie left in a vehicle with another? Is this just an assumption based on 90% fact?

We are being told by the family he could not have left on foot based on there own investigation via cctv.

The police have not said they suspect other person involvement but have not ruled it out.

Ok the phone pings are a distraction here. How did the phone travel. They suspect in the bin lorry. But why? How did it get into the bin lorry? By accident? On purpose? Stolen? Found? Discarded?

If Corrie was not with his phone and it did travel in the bin lorry, then why did it?

It has been ruled out that Corrie was not in the bin lorry. It never stopped or diverted from its usual route.

This leaves the other vehicles which we have heard very little about. But I have heard from a presenter on look east that they have been discounted.

So whats actually happening here.

Are we back to he left on foot. Evaded all cctv.

I'm at the stage of thinking where practically everything is still on the table if I'm being honest. I'm happy that he left the 'Horseshoe' (the contention is how). I'm also happy in my mind that Corrie and his phone travelled together towards Barton Mills/Mildenhall.

One thing that has had me thinking for awhile now. If I was in the same situation and had been taken against my will by a perp or perps unknown, I would be windmilling like hell at all and everyone that was showing any physical violence towards me. There would be NO WAY on this earth that I'd sit there and take a pasting. He's infantry, he knows this.
Could this explain the statement that was made by the police and family about the phone 'travelling at a speed that only a vehicle could maintain' (or words to that effect?)? I can imagine the driver trying his best to defend himself AND keep the car on the road (slower speed than normal) as Corrie battles with someone else in the back, fists and legs kicking everywhere.

It's a sorry full and sad image but... :/

After all this time we are all still going through the what if's, I'm baffled as to how there can be so little evidence of anything in 2016, however, no matter what I read I still stand by my original theory.

Corrie is an outgoing, young, fun lad who seemed, judging by what we have seen, loved to have a good time. His behaviour that night doesn't strike me as odd until we get to the point where he ordered a LOT of food & decided to sit in a doorway to eat it instead of taking up the offer of a free lift home, im also still confused as to how he only appears to be holding a chip tray whilst walking past the grapes pub and there's no sign of a kebab and 2 burgers? Anyway, he stayed in town that night for a reason, that's for sure.
Sending a picture of himself at 3.08am and dandering down to a discreet area looking as though he is looking for someone... it HAS to be an arranged meet, there is no other real option there.
I'm still with Grindr (that's why after spending so long in the main area that he walked to the horseshoe area, let's face it, he was well known, if I was meeting someone I shouldn't be I would meet them somewhere where I wouldn't be seen meeting them), I truly believe something has went drastically wrong on the road outside of bury, looking at the maps I am suggesting tetford forest as the area, if I were the police, thats where I would be spending my time searching.

Regarding the bins, we had the same bins in work, we always kept them locked so other people couldn't fill them... they were most likely locked. The fella just spent ages sleeping in the doorway, a fresh crisp breeze round him after he woke, very doubtful he would climb into a bin for a snooze. Not too many roads in and out of bury and I think it's just coincidence that the phone was pinging in the general area off masts at the same sort of time.

In my opinion, this could have even been a sex game gone wrong... if he met with another man who maybe wasn't outted as gay either then the man that picked him up most likely not only has his freedom to lose but face too.

Sorry guys, don't buy that he was hit by a lorry, no traces of any evidence of any accident plus, he was drunk but he certainly wasn't blind or deaf.

I donated to the just giving page, I wouldn't be miffed if he turns up AWOL even though I donated money to help him, that money will be used for charity if he is found safe and sound [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest that theory as a good one. I too am still convinced that he had all of his faculties right until the last minute. The 'hit by a lorry' scenario in the Horseshoe is shelved, the 'AWOL' scenarios too (intentional or unintentional).
I'm leaning towards a hook up of some description using Grnder or something similar. It falls easy on my thought processes that he's been lured in by a person or persons unknown to us but known to him through anonymous media, who have a grudge against certain people...either squaddies or gays or bisexuals. The hookup correspondence could have been going on for hours, days, weeks to confirm who Corrie was whilst giving Corrie the impression that it's an honourable meeting. I certainly think that the meeting was confirmed as he left the nightclub and on his way to the kebab shop. How was he getting home otherwise? He's a risk taker remember.
He sits in Hughes doorway as he's aware of the hazards of hanging around the 'Horseshoe' area at night. This has been proven by SOME of the comments made and the amount of people seen there around the time he went missing.
A car already in position posing as a lift with the back seat occupant posing as the intended hookup (driver being complicit in the setup) and the 'abduction' parameters are met. Remember, he could possibly have been speaking via the hookup site and Whatsapp for quite awhile prior. The perp(s) have had plenty of time to get ready and plan what will happen.
We are constantly hearing of online dating, gay hookups and Grindr meetings on the news that have ended in fatalities. I do hope the Messiah has been a very naughty boy and is AWOL. I'm beginning to think not though. :(

Hi everyone.

I am getting a new thread ready. Please prepare to move over in about 10 minutes. :)

Further to my last comment and to add weight to it. I would suggest that Corrie knows full well that the 'Horseshoe' is a 'difficult' place to hang around. That's probably the reason why he slept in Hughes doorway and not near the bins. In the last CCTV of him at 0324, he was seen jogging to the left of the screen backing up my last statement. Ou don't run into a potentially dangerous environment. He's gauging and assessing the hazard in the darker area which is the bin area, hence the saunter towards them. I think the jog was a message from his contact that his lift was about to leave...'get here quick or I'm leaving without you' type of message? I would suggest that he notices his contact either in the car with the window down or out of the car smoking a *advertiser censored*. That would certainly back up the 'I'm over here' comments made earlier by other posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member