UK - Critical incident in Hainault. 5 people stabbed. 36 year old man arrested

15m ago12:25

'Very scared' witness heard man shout 'do you believe in God?'​

A resident in Hainault has said she saw a body on the ground as she hid by her window while a man wielding a sword shouted "do you believe in God?" outside her house.
The woman, who lives on Laing Close, and wants to remain anonymous, told the PA news agency she saw a man standing outside her home by a body. He was holding a sword in front of two unarmed police officers and an ambulance.
"He was wielding his sword trying to attack the police but then they sprayed him and he ran away," she said.
"He was shouting at the police 'do you believe in God?', also at the ambulance.
"We were very scared and trying to hide and not show ourselves through the window, because he was standing right next to our house and he could have seen us if he looked up.
"We were trying to hide but also at the same time taking video of him attacking the police, and of the body on the floor, so, yeah, we were very scared and we didn't know what to do."

1714482659114.png

'Summary​

1. Police say a 13-year-old boy was killed in a sword attack in Hainault, east London, this morning
  2. Five people were injured in total, including two police officers
  3. The other victims are in hospital but are not thought to have life-threatening injuries
  4. Police say the 36-year-old suspect was arrested 22 minutes after the first call, after being Tasered
  5. The incident is not being treated as terror-related
  6. Police were first called to reports of a vehicle driven into a house shortly before 07:00 BST'

Oh my god this is crazy. The size of that sword is insane, I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to see that irl. The fact he's waiting outside of random people's houses too?!? Obviously he's "mentally ill" but hopefully that won't help him escape the amount of prison time he gets. Police officers NEED a damn firearm at all times.

It's possible that the recent Sydney stabbings triggered this guy to do this imo. I remember thinking after the Wayne Couzens event that more similar instances would happen afterwards and they did (Sabina Nessa, Bobbi-Anne). It seems to give people ideas...

RIP to the 13 year old boy that died. :( These types of attacks are so sad.

A quick recap of that police update​

We've just heard from representatives of the police, ambulance service, fire brigade, Redbridge Council, and the local MP Wes Streeting. Here are the top lines:
  • Asst Com Louisa Rolfe from the Met said the 36-year-old suspect was in hospital, after being injured when his van collided with a house in Hainault, north-east London early this morning
  • Police have been unable to speak to him, although he has been arrested on suspicion of murder
  • She said the police have no record of prior contact with the suspect - "but we will continue to make these enquiries"
  • Streeting thanked the emergency services, "in particular" the police for their "heroic response"
  • On the 14-year-old who was killed, he said: "I can't imagine what that poor boy's family are going through"

What awful news.

My thoughts go out to the family of the 14 year old boy.. I guess he was on his way to school when this happened.

This attack looks more targeted to me - these random terror attacks / mental health related attacks usually happen in busier areas imo this looks like a residential estate.

This world is becoming a very scary place.

This is such a horrifying story, I can’t even begin to imagine the terror the 14 year old felt. RIP. Let’s hope the law comes down hard on the suspect and he doesn’t get away with it citing mental illness.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back