GUILTY UK - Elizabeth, 49, & Katie Edwards, 13, slain, Spalding, Lincs, 15 April 2016

What a very sad background. Also sad that the girl had a sibling who was close in age but that does not seem to have helped her. I would have thought being two young frightened children they would rely on each other and not feel so alone, but clearly not.

What a very sad background. Also sad that the girl had a sibling who was close in age but that does not seem to have helped her. I would have thought being two young frightened children they would rely on each other and not feel so alone, but clearly not.

My sister and I didn't get on growing up (we do now, but 200 miles distance helps!) and she was/is very much favoured by mum. Perhaps that was the situation here too. I was lucky, I was daddys girl and so clashing with mum wasn't a biggie, but these girls didn't have dad around to balance out relationship dynamics.

I had my kids close together for this exact reason, I want them to be pals with each other. So far so good, but let's hope one doesn't decide to murder the other in a few years time.

Simon Myerson QC, representing the boy, told the hearing there is evidence that the lad has a personality disorder. “His personality disorder involves him attaching himself so deeply to the girl that he does not see himself as a seperate individual. “My client has said to me in terms that he does not care what happens to him provided the girl is alright.”

The barrister said that the boy, who was 14 at the time of the killings, may suffer a breakdown when he recognises the full effect of what he did and starts to remove himself from the girl. “He may never be able to be released. He may never not be dangerous.”

http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/news...r-spalding-murder-kids-can-be-named-1-7672067

On the news it said the reason for killing Katie was they (or maybe just the girl) didn't think she would be able to cope without her Mum.

It's about time these evil people take responsibility for the evil acts they have committed rather than blaming personality defects or their upbringing. I hope these two degenerates never see freedom.

Just seen this on Twitter - MSM now releasing the names that we all knew about

Leanne Brown‏ @presenterleanne 23m23 minutes ago

This is Kim Edwards & Lucas Markham - we can now reveal they killed Elizabeth & Katie Edwards in Spalding last year

Spalding murderers.jpg

glad they've been named and people know just how shocking this crime actually is

New poster here; this was the case that brought me to this site, around the time of the trial, as I gathered there was a major detail we weren't being told and googling it led me here. Glad to hear the names are finally announced; knowing the family relationship is the only way to make sense out of what happened. BBC have a couple of articles: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-37907410 and http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-37648194 which gives some background - in the first one the judge is quoted as saying:

"It is impossible for the public properly to understand this case without knowing the identity of the defendants and that these murders took place in a closed family context. This singular fact informs and colours one's entire understanding of the case... unless one knows this singular fact, it is impossible to understand the true motive behind these murders."

Pity it took so long to come out and on a day when the news will be missed by most people. Still find it hard to understand how anyone so young could reach the stage where killing their family in cold blood is an actual option, but at least now enough information can come out that it might begin to make a bit more sense. The sentences ought to be whole life though, not shortened!

Tomorrow on channel 5 at 9pm, there is a programme called Murdered by my daughter relating to this very sad case.
In today's Sunday times magazine there is also an article about Elizabeth and Katie.

Just adding to Tiny's post above .... an article in the DM today with another mention of the programme tonight

Also featuring in the documentary is Mrs Edwards' boyfriend Graham Green, who likened his partner's daughter to Moors murderer Myra Hindley.

The lorry driver said: 'I think she's another Myra Hindley as far as I'm concerned. She should never, never, never be let out.'

'She’s trying to put herself on the map. How would you go about *planning to kill your mother and sister? How can you plan that?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4638836/Twilight-killer-s-chilling-confession-police.html

What did people think about the documentary?

Personally, I was uneasy about the use of the police interviews of the accused, since they are underage. I do think it was right to name them, but this feels inappropriate.

I note that Liz's other duaghter did not take part.

Still shocked that Kim and boyfriend carried out this awful crime. I thought it was ok bearing in mind it was a Ch5 documentary. I just couldn't believe how cold they both were and yet they were very "teenage" when they spoke. It was so sad seeing Elizabeth's partner. He was absolutely broken.

Documentary is being repeated tonight at 10pm on Channel 5.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back