Found Deceased UK - Elizabeth Kinston, 37, Beeston, Nottingham, 1 Nov 2013

Hi Sarahlou,

Yes, I heard they were not treating it as suspicious as well. Once it's all confirmed, and if indeed it is suicide, which so many believe it will have been-I really, really hope the problem is highlighted and used in a way to really help other women suffering.

If proven a suicide, it just says so much about the shame and stigma surrounding not just post natal depression, but depression as a whole in our country.

I am actually an American and also have British citizenship. One of the things which strikes me-is how many I have met who feel such deep shame and want to hide anything having to do with depression.

Although I think large strides have been made to highlight this issue and bring awareness, it still seems to be one of those "no go" areas for many.

As an example, I have a niece here in England and she was really going through depression and substance abuse, she was 12...when I mentioned it to her grandmother that it might be really helpful to find her someone to talk to who is not Mum or family-she said "Oh no-I could never do that to her. I would not want her to think she is not normal or other people to treat her differently". Her grandmother was a therapist for years. :(

Thanks for your post!

Just came across Elizabeth's story somewhere else and came here to leave :rose::rose: for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back