GUILTY Uk - Emile Cilliers Accused Of Tampering W/ Wife's Parachute, Wiltshire, 5 April 2015

Just seen this in the DM

The eldest daughter of the Army sergeant who tried to kill his wife by cutting her parachute has said she is glad he is in prison.

Emile Cilliers' daughter Cilene said her father's conviction was 'justice for everyone who has crossed paths with him and been hurt'.
Cilene, 18, did not know until the trial that she had four half-brothers and sisters who were children of Cilliers by different women.
Cilene, whose mother was Nicolene Shepherd - another partner - said: 'Dad did manage to achieve something good – his children.

'I'd love to get to know them all properly. They're my half brothers and sisters and have lost their father, just like me.'

She said her father was 'nowhere to be seen' when she was young as Cilliers was secretly maintaining a relationship with British woman Carly Taylor.
Cilene said that 10 years had passed without seeing him, in which time she tried to contact Cilliers on social media but received no response, before they met again in a Travelodge.

She said they shared a 'weak and awkward' when Cilliers met Cilene and her brother and she was left feeling 'disappointed' and 'sidelined'.

Eldest daughter of parachute plot army sergeant says she's glad he's in jail | Daily Mail Online
This looks like the original interview in the Mirror. I had no idea Nicolene and the kids followed him to the UK. Maybe I missed it or just assumed they stayed in South Africa.

Cilene says: “I thought I was moving to the UK so we could all be together, but Dad was nowhere to be seen. I kept asking and asking Mum about him and eventually she got in touch with him through his mum.”

Cilliers claimed he was now estranged from Carly, with whom he’d had two children, and got back with Nicolene.

But Nicolene soon discovered his marriage to Carly was far from over. As quickly as he had come back into their lives, Emile disappeared again.

Cilene says: “I was about six years old. Dad was driving me, mum and Trevor from our home in Somerset to Nan’s house in Harlow. We drove in silence. The atmosphere in the car was horrible.

“When we got there, Dad gave us a hug and said goodbye. He was meant to be picking us up in three days, but he never came back. It was the last time we saw him for almost 10 years.”
Parachute monster Emile Cilliers's teen daughter breaks silence over 'evil dad'

Many thanks Moll, that is a really good article.....tragic that VCs impact statement seems to have been to try and help him....

I really hope she gets some counselling and doesn't fall into the trap of keeping in touch with this creep.

And ,once again ,I have to wonder who she thinks was trying to kill her...twice...if it was not EC

Alyce
Yes, I forgot that the bit about the impact statement was actually new - we guessed, but didn't know for sure, that she had tried to help him.
It is impossible to imagine what she thinks the alternative is to his guilt.
Three cheers for Mr Bayada, anyway.

I never thought about whether Victoria would skydive again, hopefully this will be good for her.

‘Putting the date of the jump in my diary made the memories of my fall come rushing back, far more vividly than before. There have been many nights when I couldn’t sleep, or when I would wake with my heart racing, jumping out of my chest, and flashbacks playing on a loop in my head.

‘If I didn’t jump, I couldn’t fall. It was that straightforward. Suddenly there was a time and a date and a place and I had to deal with the emotional impact of the promise I’d made to myself.

‘I guess my subconscious was running through the worst that could happen, the potential for another disaster. It was telling me what I might have to live through if something went wrong.’

Victoria remained committed because she knew she had to escape what she calls ‘this kind of vortex of uncertainty, of not knowing’ about the shape of her own future.

She had the added impetus of wanting to raise funds for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance which, she says, unquestionably saved her life and her legs.

Victoria remained committed because she knew she had to escape what she calls ‘this kind of vortex of uncertainty, of not knowing’ about the shape of her own future

‘I owe them, my children owe them. I am alive, they have a mummy and a fully functioning mummy at that. I had two potentially fatal injuries, the burst bones in my back and a fragment of my pelvis which was lying right by a major artery.

‘If the first responders had been so much as a millimetre out when they dealt with it, I would be dead or in a wheelchair now.

‘Every time I wanted to abandon the idea – and there were lots of times I thought about backing out – I remembered there’s a debt to them I can never repay.’

[...]

Next to the drop zone, her daughter, now six, and three-year-old son were waving and shouting, thrilled to see their amazing mother coming down from the clouds.

Instructors and other members of the parachuting community were also gathered there, rooting for her. ‘I could feel the love and goodwill rising up to meet me,’ she says, sounding almost shy.

5023914-6273079-image-m-4_1539459306953.jpg

5024178-6273079-image-a-9_1539459864877.jpg

How does it feel to jump out of a plane when the last time your husband tried to murder you? | Daily Mail Online

That must have taken immense courage and strength of will. Very well done to her and I hope she can use the same level of determination to cut all ties with ec

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back