UK UK - Finn Creaney, 32, dropped off Loch Naver, Sutherland to start hillwalking route, 25 Mar 2022

PLEASE SHARE TO AS MANY GROUPS AND PLACES AS POSSIBLE

We want to be reunited with Finn as soon as possible!! It's been nearly 6 months since Finn was last seen and there is still NO TRACE! People DON'T Just disappear.

Finn was of sound mind and the happiest he's been when last seen so this disappearance is unexplainable and we want answers‼️‼️

Last seen 25th March 2022 at 3.40PM Loch Naver on B873 public road in sutherland

He is described as 5ft 11in tall, of slim build, with light complexion and freckles on his arms and nose. He has long brown hair down to his lower back and a full brown/ginger beard.
He's wearing a long brown leather jacket slightly aged and its a replica of Aragorns ranger outfit from LOTR. He also has a green wool poncho and green Berghaus rugsack with him, he's also wearing brown walking boots going above the ankle *UPDATE* He is also wearing 1 Stark wolf Cuff on his arm.

“Anyone who may have seen Finn or have any information at all is urged to contact Search for Finn Creaney FB Page OR Police Scotland on 101/speak to any officer quoting reference 0912 of 28 March.”

The wife of a bushcraft expert who disappeared on a walk like Nicola Bulley believes she will still find him because 'people don’t just vanish off the face of the earth'.

Finn Creaney, a father of one from near Tain in the Scottish Highlands, has not been seen since Friday, March 25 when a family member dropped him off at a caravan park at the start of a solo hike.

His wife, Lucy, compared the case to that of missing mother-of-two Mrs Bulley, who has still not been found nearly two weeks after she was last seen walking her dog by the River Wyre in Lancashire.

'March 25th marks the first anniversary of my husband Finn Creaney's disappearance, and I have every faith we will bring him home,' she told the Telegraph.

'But as the family of missing mother Nicola Bulley will know, the uncertainty is torture, it is pain. You don't know how it will end, but you have to believe you will find the person you've lost. People don't just vanish off the face of the earth.'

Finn Creaney, a father of one from near Tain in the Scottish Highlands, has not been seen since Friday, March 25 when a family member dropped him off at a caravan park at the start of a solo hike. He's seen with his wife, Lucy, and their five-year-old daughter

[...]

Finn Creaney - who ran a bushcraft and outdoor survival school - set out for a hike at Loch Naver in Sutherland on Friday, March 25. He had planned to walk around the loch before heading south to Golspie.

After driving to Golspie Beach car park and leaving his car, a family member dropped him off at a caravan park on the B873 road at 2.15pm.

This was his final confirmed sighting, with his phone cutting off at 1.47pm in the village of Lairg after either being switched off, broken or running out of battery.

The last time she heard from him was in a voicemail he left at 12.52pm in which he said 'I love you lots and I'm really proud of you'.

At the time she was about to start her own floristry business.

Mr Creaney had promised to be home by midday on Sunday, so when he had still not appeared by Monday his wife reported him as missing to the police.

[...]

Mrs Creaney said she sends a message to her husband every day in the hope he might see it.

'I believe Finn is still alive, because there's nothing to suggest he is not, especially as so much of the ground has been covered by search and rescue, friends, family, police divers and numerous others who have helped with the search, on foot, by air and in water,' she said.

Mrs Creaney is insistent her husband had no reason to disappear of his own volition, describing him as a 'lovely, happy, giving soul' whose bushcraft business was 'starting to take off'.

'We have been together for nine years, got married in 2021, and were very much looking forward to a bright future together. A mental health crisis this was not. Anyone who suggests that, doesn't know Finn like I do,' she wrote.

[...]

The wife of a bushcraft expert who disappeared on a walk like Nicola Bulley believes she will still find him because 'people don’t just vanish off the face of the earth'.

Finn Creaney, a father of one from near Tain in the Scottish Highlands, has not been seen since Friday, March 25 when a family member dropped him off at a caravan park at the start of a solo hike.

His wife, Lucy, compared the case to that of missing mother-of-two Mrs Bulley, who has still not been found nearly two weeks after she was last seen walking her dog by the River Wyre in Lancashire.

'March 25th marks the first anniversary of my husband Finn Creaney's disappearance, and I have every faith we will bring him home,' she told the Telegraph.

'But as the family of missing mother Nicola Bulley will know, the uncertainty is torture, it is pain. You don't know how it will end, but you have to believe you will find the person you've lost. People don't just vanish off the face of the earth.'

Finn Creaney, a father of one from near Tain in the Scottish Highlands, has not been seen since Friday, March 25 when a family member dropped him off at a caravan park at the start of a solo hike. He's seen with his wife, Lucy, and their five-year-old daughter's seen with his wife, Lucy, and their five-year-old daughter

[...]

Finn Creaney - who ran a bushcraft and outdoor survival school - set out for a hike at Loch Naver in Sutherland on Friday, March 25. He had planned to walk around the loch before heading south to Golspie.

After driving to Golspie Beach car park and leaving his car, a family member dropped him off at a caravan park on the B873 road at 2.15pm.

This was his final confirmed sighting, with his phone cutting off at 1.47pm in the village of Lairg after either being switched off, broken or running out of battery.

The last time she heard from him was in a voicemail he left at 12.52pm in which he said 'I love you lots and I'm really proud of you'.

At the time she was about to start her own floristry business.

Mr Creaney had promised to be home by midday on Sunday, so when he had still not appeared by Monday his wife reported him as missing to the police.

[...]

Mrs Creaney said she sends a message to her husband every day in the hope he might see it.

'I believe Finn is still alive, because there's nothing to suggest he is not, especially as so much of the ground has been covered by search and rescue, friends, family, police divers and numerous others who have helped with the search, on foot, by air and in water,' she said.

Mrs Creaney is insistent her husband had no reason to disappear of his own volition, describing him as a 'lovely, happy, giving soul' whose bushcraft business was 'starting to take off'.

'We have been together for nine years, got married in 2021, and were very much looking forward to a bright future together. A mental health crisis this was not. Anyone who suggests that, doesn't know Finn like I do,' she wrote.

[...]

Another sad story, not had as much attention as Nicola. That's quite a big area between Altnaharra and Golspie , doesn't look on the OS map like it would be a well trodden area and I guess the point was about the bushcrafting and going off the beaten track. So many places he could be. Unlikely to be much phone reception either I'd have thought.

I stuck Loch Naver and Golspie into Google Maps and wow that's one hell of a walk (14 hours by road), although not for Finn I guess based on his history. They say he was walking south from point A to point B but nobody has said whether he planned on walking the road(s) between or whether he was going cross-country. I would assume the latter, as it would be much more scenic than the former, however it'd be a lot more physically demanding too.

If he walked along the road he would've been at risk from being hit by a vehicle (or abduction). If he walked a route across the hills then he'd be at risk of slips/trips/falls. As he's into bushcraft and the like I'd think he went cross-country but it comes back to did he file a route plan, even verbally to family/friends?

ETA the post by MsMiniSleuth mentions phone signal lost in Lairg, which does imply he walked the road route. I imagine cars that know the road fly along that route, but even so I would expect something to have been found if that was the case.
Really hoping he walks in the door soon.

I take the risk of being banned out by the mods! I just hate the fact that certain missing people are getting more attention and media coverage:(

It’s not a question of being “any better” from the other ones, is it???

I personally think everyone is equal no matter what!

Jeremy Vine BBC radio 2 12-2pm
Finns dad was on the radio talking about his son.

He said he had been camping 30 times searching the area Finn was last in/seen. It’s such a massive search area. He said he can’t think about real life as Finn is always on his mind.

This link i think will have the show available to listen again after 2pm today.

Source BBC radio 2 Jeremy vine todays show. Link above.

His dad said originally after a few days of him not turning up (on the day he said he would be home ) they laughed and said how embarrassed Finn would be of all the searches, helicopters etc..

He said he hoped he’d just fell and twisted his ankle which caused his delayed return.

I stuck Loch Naver and Golspie into Google Maps and wow that's one hell of a walk (14 hours by road), although not for Finn I guess based on his history. They say he was walking south from point A to point B but nobody has said whether he planned on walking the road(s) between or whether he was going cross-country. I would assume the latter, as it would be much more scenic than the former, however it'd be a lot more physically demanding too.

If he walked along the road he would've been at risk from being hit by a vehicle (or abduction). If he walked a route across the hills then he'd be at risk of slips/trips/falls. As he's into bushcraft and the like I'd think he went cross-country but it comes back to did he file a route plan, even verbally to family/friends?

ETA the post by MsMiniSleuth mentions phone signal lost in Lairg, which does imply he walked the road route. I imagine cars that know the road fly along that route, but even so I would expect something to have been found if that was the case.
Looking at the map, there is substantial forest around Loch Craggie. Such a vast area that he could potentially of walked...

I think the phone ping at 1.47pm was on his way north in the car before being dropped off at 2.15pm at the caravan car park. I agree though, I would think he'd head cross country after going around Loch Naver. There are a few lodges between the two places across country.

Good video about Finn made with Finn’s family permission.
That's a good video, thanks for posting it.

I feel he's missing the point a bit around Finn turning his phone off (and, to be fair, he does say in the video that he doesn't have much experience of phone use, so that's understandable). I have a lot of experience of long-distance hiking or cycling in places with no phone signal and always turn it off when doing so (or put it in flight mode which has the same effect).
Most people think it makes no difference whether you turn it off or leave it on because it has no signal anyway but having no signal is terrible for battery life.
When there's no phone mast nearby, the phone will keep increasing the power used by it's transmitter to try and connect to masts further and further away.
The battery on my phone might last 2 days when I'm at home with good signal but if I take it out into an area with no signal it'll be dead within 6 hours.

They say he was walking south from point A to point B but nobody has said whether he planned on walking the road(s) between or whether he was going cross-country.
<RSBM>

I would have thought he would have discussed his route plans (or lack of if he just intended to play it by ear) with the friend who drove him from Golspie (presumably from there, as that's where he left the car) to the drop off point. It's about a 35 mile drive. Yet it seems no one knows.

Similarly in the video above it says they didn't know if he was doing the trip for his next video or not, but again I'd have thought that would have come up in discussion in the car?

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592