UK - Five Bamber family members dead at White House Farm, Essex, 1986

nearly every witness in the case had a vested financel in intrest the relatives who found the evdence were next in line to inherit i dont know weather he did it or not but he should never have been convicted.

4 policeman searched the cupboard and found nothing the family search they same cupboard and find the silencer used to convict bamber.

so ethere these cops have very poor eyesight or the slincer was planted.

Have just seen this in the press after watching “White House Farm” on ITV last night...

Jeremy Bamber’s girlfriend’s huge price for tell-all story about killer lover

Jeremy Bamber's chilling behaviour at funeral proved his guilt to relatives

Desperate lengths Jeremy Bamber detectives went to in order to see him jailed

Freak accident that killed Jeremy Bamber detective Taff Jones just before trial

Terrifying blunders Det Chf Insp Taff Jones made in Jeremy Bamber murder probe

Personally, regarding the ITV series, I am finding it a bit too long and drawn out, think it could have been edited into 3 or 4 episodes at the most, but now I’m invested in seeing it though!

Sorry if this has been covered already... but why was Nevill Bamber found with his trousers down? I don’t understand, no ones even mentioning it either ? Even when I google it I can’t find any information on it.. it’s SO strange?

to of the jury dident see it that way it was only a 10 2 conviction as everybody who gave evedence aianst him had vested financel intrest in doing i cant see that its been proved be on reasonble doubt it cant possbly be called a safe conviction

Sorry if this has been covered already... but why was Nevill Bamber found with his trousers down? I don’t understand, no ones even mentioning it either ? Even when I google it I can’t find any information on it.. it’s SO strange?
Was he in pyjamas, like the rest of the household? It is very, very weird.
Does any approximate time of death tell us anything?.

New Jeremy Bamber documentary to be screened tonight

The documentary looks at the events of the shootings, the trial and evidence Bamber insists was withheld at this trial.

Doesn't seem to be on My5 yet but I think it's an episode of this programme: Crimes That Shook Britain - Channel 5

Rough summary of evidence I'd not heard before (although I've not followed it closely: looking through this thread I had to delete a few that were already known so apologies if any of these I've left are also known):

- Blood in the silencer was less conclusive than presented and could have belonged to Sheila or a named cousin (forgot the name but it was one of those who inherited the farm)
- Police records indicate they had (phone?) communication with someone inside at 5-something am, when JB was already outside the property with them
- Police records indicate inital entry showing two bodies downstairs, and later three more found upstairs; throughout the trial evidence stated 4 bodies upstairs, 1 downstairs.
- A police officer's statement mentioned hearing movement after finding the two bodies downstairs, which he attributed to other police, however it seemed unlikely that other police were in the building at that time (I'm not recalling that one accurately but it's the gist of it)
- Sheila's blood was still flowing when she was found, and there was no rigor mortis

It seems the scenario being suggested here is Sheila's first attempt at suicide only injured her, and she could have gone upstairs and shot herself again after the two downstairs bodies were found, thus explaining the two wounds, the odd timing in rigor mortis, and the discrepancy in body counts. Not sure about that one, but the silencer and scratch being magically "found" by the people who went on to inherit the farm is... suspicious to say the least, given police evidence shows no sign of them. The phone call evidence regarding Nevill Bamber phoning the police mentioning his daughter has a gun (new to me but I see not to the thread!) is also something that puts a very different angle on things for me.

Whether he did it or not, and I'm leaning towards "not", the conviction seems unsafe; I'm not sure this one would even get past CPS nowadays given the evidence on display? At least, if the police handed over their own logs, which seem to be rather good evidence for the defence...

Last edited:
I believe one theory was that he had pajama trousers on and they had a tie rather than elastic. During the struggle, the tie came undone, and the trousers fell down that way.

Has anyone else read the book by Sheila's husband? Colin Caffell wrote "in search of the rainbow's end"
It was really interesting to hear from his point of view. He says there was a lot of comments by Sheila's father about Jeremy and how he told his secretary Jeremy would kill him. He also talks through the evidence from the night of the murders. The way he explains it, there is enough evidence to show that Sheila couldn't have killed herself (the state of her nails and fingers were too clean apparently to have shot the gun), the position of the gunshot wounds and her body being posed and so on. However the evidence against Jeremy is more circumstantial. But as Colin says, who else would have served to have benefited from their murder.

It was 99p on Kindle, don't know if it still is but well worth a read.

Could it be that neither of them was responsible and someone else broke in that night and murdered them all? How likely is that?

Could it be that neither of them was responsible and someone else broke in that night and murdered them all? How likely is that?
It’s highly unlikely as it could only have been Jeremy or Shiela. Jeremy’s big mistake was his lie that his father called him and told him ‘his sister has gone mad with the gun’ therefore he implicated Shiela.
The appeal documents from the court are available for all online to read. It’s clear cut when reading them why he never won his appeals.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back