UK - Gaia Pope, 19, found deceased, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #2

The police hadn't found her body yet. I think they have may have been trying to "shake the tree" to see what fell out by going after a few people, and in the process may have jumped to a false conclusion.

I agree, PaulR.

I suggested it. You think the one night stand comments and the exposing a pedo on FB were the same person? The lad from Salisbury? It does fit with the Halloween party being over there. I thought perhaps PE was the one night stand as she'd been apparently staying there on occasion and had gone to confront him.

There is nothing wrong with that, it was not meant as slagging off the victim

I was challenged as to why I thought she had slept with PE. The thread closed before I had a chance to explain that I was merely trying to suggest a reason why you or anyone else may have thought she had. I thought I was being accused of "slagging her off"

are those suggesting hypothermia assuming she was suffering while trying to take her jacket off with RD? how far is RDs from where she was found?

how would she be suffering hypothermia before reaching RDs when the temperature was probably around 2-6•C or even higher? she was dressed sufficiently eg. jacket, trousers.

unless she was in a mental decline at RDs and thats why she took her jacket off, then ran off into fields and developed hypothermia, which makes more sense i guess.

To be fair, they just found her ..... And the Police have not released any statement saying they are no longer looking for any person of interest etc etc.

I can't find a link to thread 1#. If someone could help me I'd be grateful. If Gaia was victim to either an accident or suicide, why would she be separated from her clothes?

Sad news, I haven't been able to follow as closely as I would have liked to but my initial thoughts are that it is very likely to turn out to be a sad accident while Gaia's menatl and/or physical health was compromisedd.

But it's obviously a complex dynamic

RIP Gaia

are those suggesting hypothermia assuming she was suffering while trying to take her jacket off with RD? how far is RDs from where she was found?

how would she be suffering hypothermia before reaching RDs when the temperature was probably around 2-6•C or even higher? she was dressed sufficiently eg. jacket, trousers.

unless she was in a mental decline at RDs and thats why she took her jacket off, then ran off into fields and developed hypothermia, which makes more sense i guess.

No, I'm suggesting it happened after she left RD's. No one can account for her whereabouts, unless she was murdered, so I'd say she was out in the elements after that time so there was more than enough time for hypothermia to kick in. The removal of her coat at RD's would definitely not have helped.

It is probably about 1.5 miles from RDs house up to where she was found.

She may have been feeling hot already as she bought an ice cream in the garage before going to RDs house. Possibly something related to her epilepsy.

post-mortems can take place within 24 hours, and toxicology reports can take a couple of weeks.

I think it was a combination of this at the moment, but I've changed my mind many times since Gaia disappeared.

Incredibly sad, but glad she's been found.

Whats the likely time for COD on this case? I mean, I know with US cases it always seems to be around 90 days for tox reports included but I'm not sure with UK ones?

Generally speaking DNA/lab results come back much quicker here in the UK than the US from what I have seen but I'm sure certain tests could take weeks/months if they are required. I've seen (high profile) cases here where some dna results are returned in hours/days when the need arises.

RIP Gaia. We will have to see what the post mortem says, though hypothermia is difficult to "diagnose".

As would be an epileptic episode I imagine (thinking about Diane Stewart from the Helen Bailey case).

For anyone who wants to read about paradoxical undressing caused by hypothermia, this is a pretty good link.

[FONT=&quot]Over time, however, the muscles necessary for inducing vasoconstriction become exhausted and fail, causing warm blood to rush from the core to the extremities. This results in a kind of "hot flash" that makes victims of severe hypothermia — who are already confused and disoriented — feel as though they're burning up, so they remove their clothes, researchers have concluded.[/FONT]

Anyone local know if a lot of these houses are holiday homes/second homes? Or if they are mostly occupied by locals? I know Cornwall has had a real problem with this. Just wondered how many of the homes she passed were actually unoccupied with it being out of season.

Generally speaking DNA/lab results come back much quicker here in the UK than the US from what I have seen but I'm sure certain tests could take weeks/months if they are required. I've seen (high profile) cases here where some dna results are returned in hours/days when the need arises.

BBM.
Wow, that's awesome.

:tyou:

I can't find a link to thread 1#. If someone could help me I'd be grateful. If Gaia was victim to either an accident or suicide, why would she be separated from her clothes?

One of the classic signs of hypothermia is "paradoxical undressing" - you think you're overheating and strip off but in fact you're freezing to death. Add in complications with Gaia's frequent (daily) epileptic fits that render her confused and disorientated, and the fact she didn't have her meds with her. Then add all the emotional upheaval she was going through, it becomes clearer why she might have ended up alone at night on top of the cliffs.

The police threw a huge curveball making those murder arrests, which they will be in big bother for if the Elseys are completely innocent. If it weren't for that I think most people would have assumed suicide / misadventure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back