GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
5NewsVerified account‏@5_News 7m7 minutes ago

Our reporter @domreynolds will be taking your questions about the Helen Bailey murder trial at 3.30pm here

bit.ly/5NewsFB #FBLive

Cambridge News reported that there will be investigation into Diane's death

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought I would feel better and I did for a moment. Now I feel worse. Thank you all for being there.

That was short, reporter walking and talking and 3 comments, I didn´t have time to take the first zip of my teacup, made with leaves in teapot....

How could he walk through that door every day?

e26393b9411457c0a3f199216e3ac90b.jpg

I've been watching all the videos again just to pick out things. But I have to stop now and I'll be back later. That simple picture has crushed me.

It is one of the saddest images today because it tells everything of dear Helen's wisdom being manipulated by a man who feels nothing - respects nothing of all she stood for and adored. He is the antithesis of her beautiful being.

Oh no....it won't play on my iPad......flash player or something, off to see if ancient lap top will deliver.

You haven't missed much mbmc. I just watched it...the reporter talked about how IS had POA and was using this to take money from Helen's account, of how they were going to get married in 2015, .........sigh .......... any one of us could have corrected his facts !

The only point of interest was when he talked of IS himself in court and his sometimes rambling evidence.
Even with this detail, we have had far better reports on here from Michelle.
He did highlight the ridiculousness of the Nick and Joe story and how it became hard at times to keep a straight face whilst listening to this evidence.
He also said that at the point the verdict was delivered, there was little emotion shown, other than an intake of breath from the family ( I think he meant Helen's family ).
Only a few questions posted so he wrapped up quite quickly.

eta : you can still watch it at that link, even though not live now

Regarding the sons, it would be interesting to know over what time-scale their views evolved. Oliver visited IS in prison, Jamie didn't. From responses in court to Mr Trimmer it sounded like Oliver was still with IS, but Jamie wasn't. I'd imagine they've both disowned him by now.

I am getting married in a month's time.

- My fiancé is described as 'lovely' and 'quiet' by most people
- He only has a small group of friends (no best man)
- His background is in forensics so we used to joke it would come in useful if he bumped me off
- He has not worked for two years after being made redundant so I am the breadwinner

Apologies for the 'me' post but I was just struck by a wave of terror. However, I have zero assets apart from a lovely piano and a Fiat 500 so I don't think he's plotting to kill me for my money. I am utterly horrified that I have even had these thoughts but how do you ever truly know you can trust someone with your heart and life? When our elderly gerbil had a stroke my fiancé hand fed him water every half an hour to prevent dehydration and he rescues ladybirds from inside the house and puts them outside on flowers. I like to think this is strong evidence of his kind and non-murderous nature.

I wonder how many wealthy widows now have strong seeds of doubt about their current partners after reading Helen's story.

I know what you mean, Jenspired. There are times when one is glad not to be rich. I am sure your fiance is non-murderous though - this case was rare and shocking.

I forgot to say earlier when mentioning that I received the news via a Hooray message from my sister (a non-member lurker) at work, that the body of the email said 'Thank goodness - Dolly can have her sausages'!

- His background is in forensics so we used to joke it would come in useful if he bumped me off
- He has not worked for two years after being made redundant so I am the breadwinner

Apologies for the 'me' post but I was just struck by a wave of terror. However, I have zero assets apart from a lovely piano and a Fiat 500 so I don't think he's plotting to kill me for my money. I am utterly horrified that I have even had these thoughts but how do you ever truly know you can trust someone with your heart and life? When our elderly gerbil had a stroke my fiancé hand fed him water every half an hour to prevent dehydration and he rescues ladybirds from inside the house and puts them outside on flowers. I like to think this is strong evidence of his kind and non-murderous nature.

I wonder how many wealthy widows now have strong seeds of doubt about their current partners after reading Helen's story.

Aww he sounds lovely to be honest, and it would only be completely natural to have some anxiety before the big day. Good luck for your special day I hope you both have a wonderful time. Hopefully work will come his way soon.

Regarding the sons, it would be interesting to know over what time-scale their views evolved. Oliver visited IS in prison, Jamie didn't. From responses in court to Mr Trimmer it sounded like Oliver was still with IS, but Jamie wasn't. I'd imagine they've both disowned him by now.

I think the moment he was arrested, Jamie saw him with fresh eyes. He's blurred out in the video, but you can still see it. I can't even describe it, but it's like he's waiting for IS to say it is preposterous and he hadn't done it etc etc... and instead he sees this weird half-collapse to the stairs and an avoidance of meeting his eye. I think that was the moment Jamie knew. Then when the body was found...

Oliver, on the other hand, didn't have that experience and probably wanted to believe in his father. I genuinely think the Nick & Joe story was the point where he started to think this was all absolute bull excrement. When he said 'I could see where he was going with that' (paraphrasing), I think he knew that this didn't add up.

ETA:

"Purely by him telling me that, that was the road I can see he was going down."

Prosecutor Stuart Trimmer QC asked: "What road was that?"

He replied: "That they were linked to the taking of Helen.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...eaway-hours-after-killing-claim-a7530466.html

P.s. there was much made at the time about the wording of the boys and how they seemed to be backing up IS. I don't think this was the case; I think they were struggling to answer in a way that was the truth but that also didn't just outright incriminate their father. Throughout it all, he is their father. That's one of the great tragedies of it all; they've now lost both their parents and Helen probably all because of him. Anyone who's ever been cheated on will know that you can absolutely detest someone and detest what they've done, but that getting over loving them takes some time. There are struggles ahead for the sons.

It is one of the saddest images today because it tells everything of dear Helen's wisdom being manipulated by a man who feels nothing - respects nothing of all she stood for and adored. He is the antithesis of her beautiful being.

That's how I felt when I saw it. It's like that house was filled with stuff that encapsulated who Helen was and the things she loved and he just trampled all over it because it was worth money. What was he planning to do in his big load of bricks?

Just a disgusting excuse for a human being.

You haven't missed much mbmc. I just watched it...the reporter talked about how IS had POA and was using this to take money from Helen's account, of how they were going to get married in 2015, .........sigh .......... any one of us could have corrected his facts !

The only point of interest was when he talked of IS himself in court and his sometimes rambling evidence.
Even with this detail, we have had far better reports on here from Michelle.
He did highlight the ridiculousness of the Nick and Joe story and how it became hard at times to keep a straight face whilst listening to this evidence.
He also said that at the point the verdict was delivered, there was little emotion shown, other than an intake of breath from the family ( I think he meant Helen's family ).
Only a few questions posted so he wrapped up quite quickly.

eta : you can still watch it at that link, even though not live now

Thank you, I do think we have covered just about everything here so not much to see there [emoji18]

I echo this. I often say too much, now I can't find the words.

Five minutes of absolute euphoria, seeing the Jury get it all so right and in a good length of time
followed by the tears and sadness.

We have all walked this journey together and have today seen justice done.

As Helen herself said, it will all be alright in the end...

But sadly, whilst we will all go back to our daily lives, Helen and Boris will never return to theirs - so it won't be alright for them, in the way that we would all wish it to be.

If there is any place other than this one, I do hope Helen and Boris are at peace and happily enjoying themselves, with JS and Rufus.

Beautifully said, Alyce. Thank you.

Well, when I posted earlier I thought I'd have lots to say. I don't. I just feel devastated about this. I await sentencing tomorrow and I hope it's the maximum possible. I hate this business of concurrent sentencing that we have.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on all of Helen's threads, thank you especially to those of you who've done so much work on the trial updates.

RIP Helen :rose:

RIP Boris :rose:

It has been said that the lack of caring about animals(or indeed cruel to them) is a red flag.....your fiancé is the opposite of that, he sounds so caring, happy for you.

Maybe they went the same way. Although at one point I thought he had probably taken it to Spain and dropped over the side of a boat or buried it.

In his evidence, IS gave some silly explanation for stopping a few times en route to Broadstairs (he knew his mobile phone will have been picked up at his various car stop offs). I wonder if he dumped anything incriminating (her coat/bag/Boris' lead) and thats why he gave an explanation for the stop offs?

In every video I've seen of him he presents as an out and out liar! The police must have been onto him from day one. Thank God he wasn't clever - a manipulator, yes, but not a gifted one. If he was, he might have got away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatcrimewriterchick