GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer it takes the more likely he will think he's getting off with it probs.

Yes, I expect he's going back to where ever he is currently being accommodated and feeling rather pleased

That's very encouraging RB ......... I hope they are just doing a very thorough job and not dealing with one, or more, people who can't find someone guilty if they don't see a pic of the murder being carried out

Relax it will happen!!

They have to be seen to be thorough to avoid IS claiming lack of due process and consideration.

Of course it would help if they were told the lunch has to be paid for tomorrow

That's very encouraging RB ......... I hope they are just doing a very thorough job and not dealing with one, or more, people who can't find someone guilty if they don't see a pic of the murder being carried out

It's completely natural and rational that we are worried given how emotionally invested we all are in this case and wanting to see justice for Helen, Boris and the family. But the reality borne out by empirical evidence is that juries do get it right for the most part and those that take longer to go through the correct procedure have an even higher chance of reaching the correct verdict.

So the science says it's likely to be a guilty verdict and above all common sense says it will be. When viewed objectively, rather than emotionally, he's going to be found guilty of murder at the very least. All will be well...

Yes, I expect he's going back to where ever he is currently being accommodated and feeling rather pleased

Pride comes before a fall and if that walking, talking piece of filth thinks he's getting away with it, he's in for one helluva drop tomorrow!

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that jury room. What can they possibly be debating - his guilt on all charges is as obvious as Bruce Forsyth's wig! I haven't the heart to wake Dolly up and tell her sausages are off tonight's menu!

It's completely natural and rational that we are worried given how emotionally invested we all are in this case and wanting to see justice for Helen, Boris and the family. But the reality borne out by empirical evidence is that juries do get it right for the most part and those that take longer to go through the correct procedure have an even higher chance of reaching the correct verdict.

So the science says it's likely to be a guilty verdict and above all common sense says it will be. When viewed objectively, rather than emotionally, he's going to be found guilty of murder at the very least. All will be well...

Agree Bishop, time to relax and have another gin.

Personally I would not expect a verdict until late tomorrow at the earliest.

How long have they all been in there now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pride comes before a fall and if that walking, talking piece of filth thinks he's getting away with it, he's in for one helluva drop tomorrow!

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that jury room. What can they possibly be debating - his guilt on all charges is as obvious as Bruce Forsyth's wig! I haven't the heart to wake Dolly up and tell her sausages are off tonight's menu!

Oh nooooooo, you owe it to Dolly! Even just a couple, pleeeeease.

Re the fraud charge. I reckon he might not get guilty on that one. They may decide that the afternoon sightings of Helen are accurate and that he killed her, but killed her later in the day so they can't prove she didn't make the standing order change.

I don't think so, CP - I think they'll think the witnesses are unreliable and it's highly unlikely she used his computer. Also once you've accepted all the rest is lies, and you can see how he went after her money in other ways, it becomes in my opinion vanishingly unlikely that it wasn't him on this as well. Deleting the history afterwards, too.

Thanks for those timely and reassuring words of wisdom. You can always rely on the Bish to bring a cool head to proceedings! Right, Dolly's awake, I'd better get her some consoling liver, mash and gravy (her favourite). And I'm having a scotch and coke!

I'm pretty certain that over the preceding months his barrister will have dampened any deluded hopes he had of being acquitted.

He will have been advised to plead guilty, prior to the Nick and Joe apparition and even when he came up with that he would have known it wouldn't fly but at least it gives him an excuse, however implausible.

I've commented at length upthread at the reasons he is prolonging the inevitable, so I won't bore everyone again but trust me, he knows he's going down even if he will never take responsibility for the reasons why.

Oh nooooooo, you owe it to Dolly! Even just a couple, pleeeeease.

Bless you! Sausages will spoil her liver and mash tea now, but worry not, she'll be getting her gums round one of those meaty treats at supper time (is it any wonder I have to put my foot in her back to zip up her Ra Ra skirt?!)

I don't think so, CP - I think they'll think the witnesses are unreliable and it's highly unlikely she used his computer. Also once you've accepted all the rest is lies, and you can see how he went after her money in other ways, it becomes in my opinion vanishingly unlikely that it wasn't him on this as well. Deleting the history afterwards, too.

Exactly, why would she?

Helen had a Mac and IS used Windows 10. It’s illogical she should decide to go on a sharp learning curve with Windows 10 when she had her own computer whose operating system she was very familiar with.

How long have they all been in there now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just over 4 hours Snoopy, although that includes a lunch break, if they took one.

You havent missed much if you've read the cambridge feed ...the rest has just been waiting and waiting and lots of lovely animal pics

I had to leave and not caught up. I take it no news?

Are we back to pet pix? I see Dolly has given liver and mash! We will be on most spoiled pets/pets' most favourite foods next.

Why have they taken this long? I thought 3 hrs was reasonable just cause the Judge made it so clear- he'd done 75% of the jigsaw .

I do appreciate this is the first time they have had to discuss.

no disrespect to any of the 12 but maybe one of them just speaks really slowly but is as bright as a button like the sloths in Zootopia?
[video=youtube;0oMbwWqceNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMbwWqceNw[/video]

I'm pretty certain that over the preceding months his barrister will have dampened any deluded hopes he had of being acquitted.

He will have been advised to plead guilty, prior to the Nick and Joe apparition and even when he came up with that he would have known it wouldn't fly but at least it gives him an excuse, however implausible.

I've commented at length upthread at the reasons he is prolonging the inevitable, so I won't bore everyone again but trust me, he knows he's going down even if he will never take responsibility for the reasons why.

How do you think he concealed his true nature for so long?

Do you think he just needed time to act up to murder?

Haven't posted here for awhile as have been there for several days and so saw other side if you like. Knew my press card would come in useful for something one day ! though hardly ever needed.

I haven't really changed my viewpoint on this case from the one I had from the start. I am surprised that from a quick look I seem to be the only one hers not expecting a verdict within hours, which I never thought it would be; personally I think it could be Thursday or Friday. Most of us are just getting the case as told by Cambridge News and not all what the jury have and know. I would have liked to see tge defence be more robust, and the prosecution have not really nailed the case as firmly as perhaps they may have hoped at the outset.*

Stewart has firmly played the grieving widower beset by serious health afflictions who has lost his beloved at the hands of kidnappers. While there are many ponderables and things - for me, at least - still not cleared up as satisfactorily as I would have liked, how many of the jurors buy into the 'what if' scenario, remains to be seen.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592