GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does one play bowls "ferociously"? That quite amused me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A significant observation in that interview was IS "did not like to come second".

Well that was sadly obvious as far as HB was concerned

Just wanted to add, in relation to Diane and no one - so far - knowing about her epilepsy.

I had two pals who were epileptic. Both of these pals made sure that all of us knew of their condition. Not for sympathy but so that we would know what was happening - and most importantly, what to do - if they ever had a fit when with us.

Justin Dealey interview with Bill Manley ( member of Bassingbourn Bowls Club who knew both Diane and IS )

At 17.50 minutes into the programme.
Bill talked of Diane being fit and healthy. She jogged, she did aerobics. She was very active in the bowls club, organised many events for them.
The day Diane died, Bill was going up to the bowls club that evening to play. Saw the air ambulance in Bassingbourn, and when he got to the club he was given the news that Diane had * dropped down dead *.

Bill said he never heard of any epilepsy or epileptic fits in relation to Diane. she was one of the healthiest people he knew, never even had a cold.

Justin recapped on the money IS received after Diane's death.
£28K from Cambridgeshire County Council
£33K Life Insurance policy
£17K Legal & General

and mentioned that IS bought the MG ( car ) shortly after Diane died ( from previous notes on here, we know it was 3 weeks later ).

At 2 hrs into the programme - main interview with Bill.
Justin spoke with DCI Kent on Wednesday, at St Albans Court, after the verdict. DCI reiterated his intention to look into Diane's death, stressing his usual line about natural causes and talking of coroner's investigatin and post mortem and the fact that samples were taken at the time.
Bill Manley then talks - he met Diane and IS in 1999. Both were very active in the bowling club and IS was a very good bowler.
IS became treasurer after a few years.
Diane was a dynamic force in the Club and everyone was shattered when she died.
It was completely out of the blue, no one knew anything about her epilepsy, had never heard that she had had any epileptic attacks.
She was a fantastic person and was always the one to welcome newcomers to the Club, put her arm round them and make them welcome.
After Diane's death, the Club cancelled all their matches for the following week - said to the league, we don't care what you do with our points etc. Could not play.

Bill is asked if there were any suspicions re Diane's death, at the time.
He said everyone had a slight suspicion because Diane was just so very healthy. But they all thought it was simply a terrible tragedy.
But after the news of Helen's death, they thought otherwise.

After Diane's death, IS did not play bowls and did not return to the Club. He just dropped off the radar.
Although Bill says IS has played bowls elsewhere at other clubs in the area.
IS was seen with 2 different women in Royston and also with one of them at a local hospital. He referred to the woman in hospital as his wife.
Bill said IS was quite open with his new MG car, driving round, not hiding.
When the news of Helen broke, no one really knew very much about her - but they then learnt that IS was her partner.

There was a huge attendance at Diane's funeral. All the bowling clubs came - because many of them knew her personally, she was so friendly and approachable and she had organised so much with the clubs.

Talks of Diane being so friendly and IS being reserved and not doing much.

After IS left the bowls Club a new treasurer took over. This person talked of IS being normal one day and then snapping his head off the next.
IS was always going to London with other women and would not make time to do the handover to the new treasurer.
Bill then mentions the 2 incidents we know of,
The £3 for the tea, where IS kicked off and Bill had to calm him down
and the £10 donation for the irrigation tank which IS refused to pay.

Finally Bill was asked why more people in Bassingbourn are not speaking out. He said, in particular for Diane's close friends, that perhaps they just want to block it out and not believe what might have happened.

Bill mentions IS two sons and says they were very good children.

Interview ends 2.30 hrs

Your status has just been raised to National Treasure, Alyce xx

A significant observation in that interview was IS "did not like to come second".

Well that was sadly obvious as far as HB was concerned

He would have come third in her affections I think. JS would always be the real love, and Boris - a lasting link to JS - would be second. We are seeing now something of Stewart's true nature, and even little reveals such as the one quoted all build into a picture of another side of the affable GGHW.

What was he doing playing bowls competitively when he was signed off on the sick with muscle weakness? Is it a sport that doesn't require muscle strength?

Joined the bowls club in 1999. Left the club after Diane's death in 2010.

AFAIK that's only an option in America -victims can orally address the court. Here we just have the v. impact statement.

Thanks Cotten. Did JB do an impact statement? I really think IS should have been dragged to court to hear it if he did.

"IS was seen with 2 different women in Royston and also with one of them at a local hospital. He referred to the woman in hospital as his wife."

Find that woman!

I have a feeling that a rather different picture of Diane's "epilepsy" will emerge in the police investigation.

Remember when someone from the fb widow's group joined websleuths just to ask us not to speculate about Diane's death in any way in case it upset her sons...well, now the speculation is everywhere, and a good thing too imo. Diane and her sons deserve truth and justice.

Oh!

'I considered ‘pretending’ to be too mentally unwell to proceed to completion.'

Is this where IS got the POA idea!

Just realised - in relation to IS possible new abode in Whitemoor and the majority population therein

He's already got the perfect initials ;)

He so loved being known as GGHW he had his fictitious kidnapper gangster quote it. From GGHW he will now be known forever as TCK or The Cesspit Killer.

Will any of the 'older' Websleuths be able to give a bit of background on how, when and why Websleuths site came into being? I, like a lot of you, seemed to have stumbled upon it by accident. As Joely 123 has said, not to just rely on the media reporting and the sensationalism which goes with it and to be able to come here instead where fair, unbiased, and insightful opinions are shared is incredible.

I'm new here but I see the site was purchased in 2004 by the present owner, Tricia. She used to be a disc jockey and has a radio version of websleuths here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths

Just picking out extracts that haven't been quoted on WS before.

Moving house is totally overwhelming even in really happy circumstances but I can't help but wonder if her instincts were trying to tell her something. It's not the first time she mentioned words to the effect of wanting to run away or take a backwards step when IS has been involved. There's that time at his house that you quoted up above, that time after they'd been out for a meal and I think also when he took her to Broadstairs. And those are just the ones we know about.

It's all just so very sad.

Sadly he's gone :cry: I still miss him terribly.
In that photo the cushion covers were off to be washed, but as you can see, he liked it when that happened!

My JRT has taken off too Cherlwell. Leaves such a hole. His name was Murray William. Such a character. Full of bravado like all JRT's. I hope to get another one day. I always get rescue dogs and they are always nuts which is why they were evicted from their previous homes.

The medicine IS gave Helen for weeks making her sleepy? A side effect was epileptic fits I believe. I think he was trying to kill her the same as Diane but for some reason it didn't do the trick this time so he used plan B.

On one of the discussion linked yesterday it was said that Judge Bright's summing up extended to four pages.

To me the live tweets didn't appear to be four pages, though I may be mistaken ? I just wondered if anywhere the full summing up is available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binkbiff13